• 27(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-08-27, 10:46)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 05:38)ronnel Wrote:
(2020-08-26, 21:41)HugoL Wrote: Yeah, I changed the spotlight corner to be more Netflix like but also because although the previous Spotlight looked lovely for some fanart with a nice big focus on the centre of the fanart, it didn’t work for so much fanart, typically cutting off important detail in too many cases. So the trade-off is you get something that’s guaranteed to fit immediately from scrape, anything you put there just works because you get the image intended by the creator. But then you lose that nice big zoomed image on those fanarts it does actually work for.

I can get you the previous Spotlight corner info later unless Achilles comes back to you sooner.

I changed the diffuse overlay because it was also obscuring too much of the fanart but it definitely needs some work to hide the borders a little better. I’ll look at that tomorrow.

Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.

Paste this in Includesbingie.xml replacing the whole bingiespotlightcorner section from around 1731 to 1752 (or similar).
Quote:<!-- Spotlight Image Main Home -->
    <include name="BingieSpotlightCornerImage">
        <param name="top" default="0"/>
        <param name="right" default="-320"/>
        <param name="width" default="1920"/>
        <param name="height" default="1080"/>
        <definition>
            <control type="image">
                <nested />
                <visible>$PARAM[visibility]</visible>
                <top>$PARAM[top]</top>
                <right>$PARAM[right]</right>
                <width>$PARAM[width]</width>
                <height>$PARAM[height]</height>
                <texture background="true" diffuse="bingie/bingie_default_spotlight_diffuse.png">$PARAM[image]</texture>
                <fadetime>550</fadetime>
                <aspectratio scalediffuse="true" aligny="top" align="right">scale</aspectratio>
                <animation effect="fade" end="0" time="500">Hidden</animation>
                <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1200">Visible</animation>
            </control>
        </definition>
    </include>

Thank you so much for this Smile
It may only be my personal preference that I like the fanarts and diffuse overlay to be set up this way. Anyways, thank you again for your work and to @AchillesPunks too of course.
(2020-08-27, 13:35)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 12:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 05:38)ronnel Wrote: Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.

I'm not convinced with that at all to be honest.  As I mentioned, for those few fanart it does work for, it works really well with a nice big focus on the top centre.  But mostly, it's just cutting off the bottom half of the fanart as well as the left and right sides which tends not to work well.

Also, having the bottom of the fanart hiding behind the poster really isn't a good look with it being visible between the poster gaps. For clearart that could work quite well I'd imagine but not poster/landscape. Also, the black space with clearlogo, spotlight row details, plot etc, work so much better with a spotlight image that doesn't encroach on it's space so much. Netflix just get's this right so it made sense to copy it.

Here's a classic example of it not working well vs the update:

ImageImage

And here's the original diffuse I had to to improve (that still needs a little improvement) vs the update, although I think the mod is still using the incorrect version at the moment.

ImageImage

I have been a long time Bingie user and was disheartened when Cartman moved on to better things. I have been paying attention to this thread and just kind of waiting until most of the bugs have been worked out before switching over. The overlay and and zoomed in spotlight image size was the one thing Cartman changed that I didn't agree with. You guys are awesome for taking the reins on an already awesome skin and making it better will be testing it soon.

Hey what’s up! I remember watching your Bingie review vid last year and I also read through a lot of the original Bingie post too where you seemed to be very prominent.

Cartman’s skin is impressive, the work he put in was immense but it so needed the makeover it’s getting now.

Catch you around I’m sure.
(2020-08-27, 12:49)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 05:38)ronnel Wrote: Yes please, I'd like to try it out. The previous diffuse overlay and fanart size before looks way much better.

I'm not convinced with that at all to be honest.  As I mentioned, for those few fanart it does work for, it works really well with a nice big focus on the top centre.  But mostly, it's just cutting off the bottom half of the fanart as well as the left and right sides which tends not to work well.

Also, having the bottom of the fanart hiding behind the poster really isn't a good look with it being visible between the poster gaps. For clearart that could work quite well I'd imagine but not poster/landscape. Also, the black space with clearlogo, spotlight row details, plot etc, work so much better with a spotlight image that doesn't encroach on it's space so much. Netflix just get's this right so it made sense to copy it.

ImageImage

And here's the original diffuse I had to to improve (that still needs a little improvement) vs the update, although I think the mod is still using the incorrect version at the moment.

ImageImage

I have been a long time Bingie user and was disheartened when Cartman moved on to better things. I have been paying attention to this thread and just kind of waiting until most of the bugs have been worked out before switching over. The overlay and and zoomed in spotlight image size was the one thing Cartman changed that I didn't agree with. You guys are awesome for taking the reins on an already awesome skin and making it better will be testing it soon.

Oh, it's you buddy 🤩 I don't know if you still remember me but I was the one who asked for your help before regarding the Bingie skin on Cartman's thread to the point where I even found you on facebook lol.

Your reviews on yotube was the one that ought me to try this skin a year ago and here I am.

Well I guess we all are here for one common thing, and that is to admire this beautiful skin.
(2020-08-27, 22:51)ronnel Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 12:49)HugoL Wrote: I'm not convinced with that at all to be honest.  As I mentioned, for those few fanart it does work for, it works really well with a nice big focus on the top centre.  But mostly, it's just cutting off the bottom half of the fanart as well as the left and right sides which tends not to work well.

ImageImage

ImageImage

Oh, it's you buddy 🤩 I don't know if you still remember me but I was the one who asked for your help before regarding the Bingie skin on Cartman's thread to the point where I even found you on facebook lol.

Your reviews on yotube was the one that ought me to try this skin a year ago and here I am.

Well I guess we all are here for one common thing, and that is to admire this beautiful skin.

Yeah I remember I try to contribute best I can with pointing out bugs and helping new guys figure out the skin tried my hand from time to time with coding but that's not my strong point. Yeah do love the skin.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
@HugoL
Did you still need the diffuse mask? Sorry I got caught up in trying to get everything working on Kodi Matrix.
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-08-28, 04:33)AchillesPunks Wrote: @HugoL
Did you still need the diffuse mask? Sorry I got caught up in trying to get everything working on Kodi Matrix.

I never needed it, must have got our wires crossed.

Bit confused about the Matrix HDR thing.  Are Matrix skins permanently in HDR mode? Does is switch depending on content?
(2020-08-28, 11:33)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-28, 04:33)AchillesPunks Wrote: @HugoL

I never needed it, must have got our wires crossed.

Bit confused about the Matrix HDR thing.  Are Matrix skins permanently in HDR mode? Does is switch depending on content?
Yes it will switch depending what's content is playing.
Titan Bingie Mod
My Fanart background in home widgets get struck with random movie Fanart  picture after few vertical scrolls , i refresh home widgets it went along nice for few minute then again it keep happens after few scrolling , for example if i am on A Good Place show but the fanart keep coming from previous scrolled struck movie The God Father see pic , it does display fanart of the movie but next second fanart replace by struck fanart on every movie 

https://i.postimg.cc/YqWx4sKF/image.png
https://i.postimg.cc/1Xpcd8KH/image.png
(2020-08-28, 23:57)nazim12 Wrote: My Fanart background in home widgets get struck with random movie Fanart  picture after few vertical scrolls , i refresh home widgets it went along nice for few minute then again it keep happens after few scrolling , for example if i am on A Good Place show but the fanart keep coming from previous scrolled struck movie The God Father see pic , it does display fanart of the movie but next second fanart replace by struck fanart on every movie 

I had this issue with extrafanart. Could never get that to work properly anyway so just I disabled it.

Do you have this enabled?

I noticed you’re not using the UK certificate icons you were very keen to get back!
(2020-08-29, 00:59)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-28, 23:57)nazim12 Wrote: My Fanart background in home widgets get struck with random movie Fanart  picture after few vertical scrolls , i refresh home widgets it went along nice for few minute then again it keep happens after few scrolling , for example if i am on A Good Place show but the fanart keep coming from previous scrolled struck movie The God Father see pic , it does display fanart of the movie but next second fanart replace by struck fanart on every movie 

I had this issue with extrafanart. Could never get that to work properly anyway so just I disabled it.

I noticed you’re not using the UK certificate icons you were very keen to get back!
I have never been able to even get the extra fanart to work.
Artwork beef save extra fanart to folder. Tried all. I enabled extra fanart in the media settings, set it to rotate.
@HugoL could you please explain how to test this?
Titan Bingie Mod
(2020-08-29, 05:08)AchillesPunks Wrote:

I have never been able to even get the extra fanart to work.
Artwork beef save extra fanart to folder. Tried all. I enabled extra fanart in the media settings, set it to rotate.
@HugoL could you please explain how to test this?

Man, I tried just about everything on this. Extrafanart folder and the newer multiple fanart method through artwork beef and even resorted to manually creating the extrafanart folder and placing fanart inside (this actually works). But everything is intermittent sometimes it seemed to work and sometimes it didn’t and I think it’s all related to the cache.

Something that I thought didn’t work, did end up working a couple days later after it cached properly but then trying to repeat it, didn’t work.

And when it was working with some movies (typically all the boxsets worked for some reason) the artwork kept displaying incorrectly. Like boxset artwork kept appearing with incorrect movies.

On my setup at least, the cache issue meant nothing was really testable without a lot of patience having to try something and then wait a day or two to see if it worked.

And another thing, when it did work, it only cycled artwork in the extrafanart folder and never used the original fanart not inside the folder. Also fanart cycling didn’t have a nice fade time so looked a bit shit when it cycled although that should be an easy fix.
Hi Guys... I'm super confused about what version and which features are current now as download link at top of thread just points to the master file with no version number.

I'm saving each new file with a sequencial filename, but I don't always know what changes are.

@AchillesPunks big ask I know, but any chance of a changelog as versions get updated?
(2020-08-29, 11:10)spinecho Wrote: Hi Guys... I'm super confused about what version and which features are current now as download link at top of thread just points to the master file with no version number.

I'm saving each new file with a sequencial filename, but I don't always know what changes are.

@AchillesPunks big ask I know, but any chance of a changelog as versions get updated?

I agree with this. At the very least, the version number needs updating in the addon.xml

Thanks it worked after disabling extra fanart. Yes i am still keen for UK Icons but i dont want to do by myself unless it will be updated in Mod just like few updates ago or may be not. i have seen your UK certificates that's what i want .
(2020-08-29, 12:14)nazim12 Wrote:

Thanks it worked after disabling extra fanart. Yes i am still keen for UK Icons but i dont want to do by myself unless it will be updated in Mod just like few updates ago or may be not. i have seen your UK certificates that's what i want .
It's already in the mod. You just need to scrape UK certificates with the metadata editor addon and switch to the includesmediaflagsUK.xml. I thought I was pretty clear on this point.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0