• 28(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
So I tried out the Netflix addon which works really nicely as widgets. It also looks lovely because you get the Netflix posters which are so much better than the scraped ones and you also get the Netflix clearlogos.

But because Netflix clearlogos are a different aspect ratio to the typical scraped ones, Bingie Mod makes a complete mess of these logos because we increased the clearlogo size!

I reduced the clearlogo size to fix this but the trade-off is you get smaller clearlogos for everything other than the Netflix addon widgets.  I'm totally OK with this because they're still bigger than vanilla and I was never happy with how the larger clearlogos we increased, also massively increased any empty space not utilised in it's height box and  I didn't like the way it pushed everything else down like the details row, plot and more info.  Now, they're all at the correct height and if I want to get bigger clearlogos on anything else I can edit their aspect ratios to Netflix style ratios in Paint 3D which is a long process depending on how many you want to do but it's strangely therapeutic!

New Netflix widget's spotlight

New library widget's spotlight without editing the clearlogo aspect ratio

New library widget's spotlight after editing the clearlogo aspect ratio.

I've also made a few other edits like making a static Netflix logo bottom right (also had to create a new diffuse image to sit behind it) and I'm also in the process of changing the menu blade.  I've already removed the black panel and switched it to a new black diffuse image instead as per below:

Current vs WIP

ImageImage
(2020-08-29, 11:10)spinecho Wrote: Hi Guys... I'm super confused about what version and which features are current now as download link at top of thread just points to the master file with no version number.

I'm saving each new file with a sequencial filename, but I don't always know what changes are.

@AchillesPunks big ask I know, but any chance of a changelog as versions get updated?
I will start updating the changeling. Already uploaded the version to 1.0.5. I just need to update to the GitHub.
I start my work week today so I can not do this until Wednesday.
Titan Bingie Mod
One mess i am facing , i have installed Aura Mod , Arctic , zephyr as well  , when i do some changing in there  home screens widgets and settings ,  it effects the Bingie Home screen and widgets get complicated response to those changing .
(2020-08-29, 13:59)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 11:10)spinecho Wrote: Hi Guys... I'm super confused about what version and which features are current now as download link at top of thread just points to the master file with no version number.

I'm saving each new file with a sequencial filename, but I don't always know what changes are.

@AchillesPunks big ask I know, but any chance of a changelog as versions get updated?
I will start updating the changeling. Already uploaded the version to 1.0.5. I just need to update to the GitHub.
I start my work week today so I can not do this until Wednesday.
That's great. Take your time.
Really appreciate all your hard work on this.
(2020-08-26, 17:47)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-08-23, 23:08)bornagainpengui Wrote: Since this seems to be actively developed I was wondering if there could be an option to make larger Bingie Main Landscape displays by limiting the number in a row?  As far as I can see there are currently five in a line with two rows displayed on the screen.  Landscape limits this to three panels in a row and keeps the two rows but at the expense of the top display with the logo art and summary.  Is there a way to keep that at a slightly reduced area and having four in a row instead of five?

Also I was wondering if there was anything being worked on for the eventual release of Matrix?
If you select large landscape you will have 4 landscape posters on screen.
Go to settings, home screen layout, widgets, layout for widgets, and select Landscape Large.
I have that enabled already. I thought it was only for the spotlight views?

I'm trying to adjust what you get when you go from the menu bar on the left, to TV Shows, All TV Shows which has five tiles.
(2020-08-29, 12:39)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 12:14)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 00:59)HugoL Wrote: I had this issue with extrafanart. Could never get that to work properly anyway so just I disabled it.

Do you have this enabled?

I noticed you’re not using the UK certificate icons you were very keen to get back!
Thanks it worked after disabling extra fanart. Yes i am still keen for UK Icons but i dont want to do by myself unless it will be updated in Mod just like few updates ago or may be not. i have seen your UK certificates that's what i want .
It's already in the mod. You just need to scrape UK certificates with the metadata editor addon and switch to the includesmediaflagsUK.xml. I thought I was pretty clear on this point.

OK i have started  scrape using metadata editor addon for UK certificates for 9000 movies and shows in library , about 1000 updated in 2 hours , now you can imagine how much time it will take , i just need to know whenever i will update Bingie Mod skin with new versions , will i need to re scrape each time ? and how to backup that specific thing so that even if i will able to reinstall Bingie i could get it easily but not to wait for 12 hours ?

By the way metadata editor wont allow me to use Kodi while scrapping 

https://i.postimg.cc/BvTNcRGX/image.png
Here is a short video I made of some bugs I didn't check to see see if they were reported already so may be some repeats.

https://youtu.be/XQuFU8qRm2Q
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-08-29, 19:43)cscott1 Wrote: Here is a short video I made of some bugs I didn't check to see see if they were reported already so may be some repeats.

Yes you are right.

Basically after around 28 Widgets row , widgets starting loose focus and merging itself due to spotlight area keep expanding in heights , which should not be expanding . secondly if you are let say in a middle of any widget surfing you cannot come back to starting point by back button , you have to surf fast back to first point or you select circular navigation after the long ending widget . Yes Good point , Side Panel outer line should be dark transparent , along with side panel should not be disappear while surfing widget rows .
(2020-08-29, 19:43)cscott1 Wrote: Here is a short video I made of some bugs I didn't check to see see if they were reported already so may be some repeats.

Looks like you missed my post from earlier today where I covered a few things from your video. See here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2973307

1. But more on the clearlogos, regarding the current clearlogo size, it's not the length that's the problem, it's the height. The (max) length is bang-on the same length as Netflix. However,  inorder to get that length right, the height had to increase to keep the aspect ratio properly. I was never happy with this solution but then again, I was never happy with the vanilla size of the logos as they were too small.  Kodi/Artwork Beef scraped logos are a completely different aspect ratio to Netlfix's wider logos that also utilise specific artwork that fits the aspect ratio.  

This is also the reason why the Netflix clearlogo you sourced online was far too big and also something I only noticed recently as per my last post while using the Netflix add-on.

I have fixed this on my setup by making the clearlogos smaller again. By the way, making them smaller again will absolutely not match Netflix. You either match their height, or you match their length, you can't do both with Kodi scraped clearlogos. Unless you somehow try and source all their clearlogos, making them smaller again will not help you get close to Netflix.

Or you do what I am doing now, which is editing a lot of my clearlogo's from the standard aspect ratio Kodi scrapers use to Netflix aspect ratio and then increasing the size of the artwork (where it allows to be increased without messing up the aspect ratio).

You don't have to do this, the changes I made recently make the clearlogos a bit better than vanilla bingie but you'd always have to accept they still won't be anywhere near close to matching Netflix.  

2. I covered the diffuse menu coincidently in my last post.  It will be up the Achilles if he wants to include both the clearlogo and diffuse menu changes I've made.

3. Regarding the static slim menu staying on screen with the red indicator, I agree and I've been meaning to look into this.  Might be be beyond what I'm personally capable of though, we'll see.  You also missed a bug with the red indicator line not being aligned under the icon. I even noticed it happen in your video.  I've already fixed this.

4. You mentioned the font too, this is so much closer to Netflix's font than vanilla but feel free to revert back to vanilla font. I labelled it "original" and you can switch through the interface settings.  You can also try out another font, Gothic which was an older Netflix font.  It still needs some fixing but it's there to try out.

5. The fixed widget's changing height position, I could have sworn Achilles fixed this.  I haven't noticed it on mine but then again I'm not working with the exact same xmls and I don't have as many widgets. Not sure about that.

6. Regarding the MPAA on details row, if your comfortable in the XML's I can point you how to revert them from Icons back to text and flagbox. Just let me know.  I mainly changed these to match the UK Netflix which have the icons you can probably notice in any of the pictures in the post I linked to. I also provided an option for US too so you can actually have your US coloured icons by going to settings>library settings>media codecs and selecting coloured icons.

6. Don't remember what else you mentioned, maybe it would be easier to put some points in a post and hopefully Achilles can help.
(2020-08-29, 18:58)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 12:39)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 12:14)nazim12 Wrote: Thanks it worked after disabling extra fanart. Yes i am still keen for UK Icons but i dont want to do by myself unless it will be updated in Mod just like few updates ago or may be not. i have seen your UK certificates that's what i want .
It's already in the mod. You just need to scrape UK certificates with the metadata editor addon and switch to the includesmediaflagsUK.xml. I thought I was pretty clear on this point.

OK i have started  scrape using metadata editor addon for UK certificates for 9000 movies and shows in library , about 1000 updated in 2 hours , now you can imagine how much time it will take , i just need to know whenever i will update Bingie Mod skin with new versions , will i need to re scrape each time ? and how to backup that specific thing so that even if i will able to reinstall Bingie i could get it easily but not to wait for 12 hours ?

No idea about those times.  It only took me 20 mins to do 600 films.  You don't need to do TV shows by the way. UK icons will still work with US ratings, although they won't be as accurate.   

Your scraped data has nothing to do with Bingie or any skin updates.  You will always have UK certificates in your Kodi Database now unless you decide to change it.

Scrape it, go to bed and then wake up to UK icons.
(2020-08-29, 21:22)HugoL Wrote:

Looks like you missed my post from earlier today where I covered a few things from your video. See here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2973307

1. But more on the clearlogos, regarding the current clearlogo size, it's not the length that's the problem, it's the height. The (max) length is bang-on the same length as Netflix. However,  inorder to get that length right, the height had to increase to keep the aspect ratio properly. I was never happy with this solution but then again, I was never happy with the vanilla size of the logos as they were too small.  Kodi/Artwork Beef scraped logos are a completely different aspect ratio to Netlfix's wider logos that also utilise specific artwork that fits the aspect ratio.  

This is also the reason why the Netflix clearlogo you sourced online was far too big and also something I only noticed recently as per my last post while using the Netflix add-on.

I have fixed this on my setup by making the clearlogos smaller again. By the way, making them smaller again will absolutely not match Netflix. You either match their height, or you match their length, you can't do both with Kodi scraped clearlogos. Unless you somehow try and source all their clearlogos, making them smaller again will not help you get close to Netflix.

Or you do what I am doing now, which is editing a lot of my clearlogo's from the standard aspect ratio Kodi scrapers use to Netflix aspect ratio and then increasing the size of the artwork (where it allows to be increased without messing up the aspect ratio).

You don't have to do this, the changes I made recently make the clearlogos a bit better than vanilla bingie but you'd always have to accept they still won't be anywhere near close to matching Netflix.  

2. I covered the diffuse menu coincidently in my last post.  It will be up the Achilles if he wants to include both the clearlogo and diffuse menu changes I've made.

3. Regarding the static slim menu staying on screen with the red indicator, I agree and I've been meaning to look into this.  Might be be beyond what I'm personally capable of though, we'll see.  You also missed a bug with the red indicator line not being aligned under the icon. I even noticed it happen in your video.  I've already fixed this.

4. You mentioned the font too, this is so much closer to Netflix's font than vanilla but feel free to revert back to vanilla font. I labelled it "original" and you can switch through the interface settings.  You can also try out another font, Gothic which was an older Netflix font.  It still needs some fixing but it's there to try out.

5. The fixed widget's changing height position, I could have sworn Achilles fixed this.  I haven't noticed it on mine but then again I'm not working with the exact same xmls and I don't have as many widgets. Not sure about that.

6. Regarding the MPAA on details row, if your comfortable in the XML's I can point you how to revert them from Icons back to text and flagbox. Just let me know.  I mainly changed these to match the UK Netflix which have the icons you can probably notice in any of the pictures in the post I linked to. I also provided an option for US too so you can actually have your US coloured icons by going to settings>library settings>media codecs and selecting coloured icons.

6. Don't remember what else you mentioned, maybe it would be easier to put some points in a post and hopefully Achilles can help.

If possible it would awesome to have an option for the UK version of the ratings and the grey box US version like the US version of Netflix as a skin setting would be really nice so us US users don't have to dig into the code. I always mess something up.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-08-29, 21:39)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 18:58)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 12:39)HugoL Wrote: It's already in the mod. You just need to scrape UK certificates with the metadata editor addon and switch to the includesmediaflagsUK.xml. I thought I was pretty clear on this point.

No idea about those times.  It only took me 20 mins to do 600 films.  You don't need to do TV shows by the way. UK icons will still work with US ratings, although they won't be as accurate.   

Your scraped data has nothing to do with Bingie or any skin updates.  You will always have UK certificates in your Kodi Database now unless you decide to change it.

Scrape it, go to bed and then wake

I have found why it was taking too much time to scrape because while scrapping artwork beef were also working so the scrapping process were taking too much time but when it artwork beef stopped , everything done in minutes .
It feel good with UK certificate .

https://i.postimg.cc/Pf76ccw6/image.png
One mess i am facing , i have installed Aura Mod , Arctic , zephyr as well  , when i do some changing in those skins like in home screens widgets and settings ,  it effects the Bingie Home screen and widgets get complicated response to those changing made by those skins.
(2020-08-29, 22:11)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 21:39)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 18:58)nazim12 Wrote: OK i have started  scrape using metadata editor addon for UK certificates for 9000 movies and shows in library , about 1000 updated in 2 hours , now you can imagine how much time it will take , i just need to know whenever i will update Bingie Mod skin with new versions , will i need to re scrape each time ? and how to backup that specific thing so that even if i will able to reinstall Bingie i could get it easily but not to wait for 12 hours ?

Scrape it, go to bed and then wake

I have found why it was taking too much time to scrape because while scrapping artwork beef were also working so the scrapping process were taking too much time but when it artwork beef stopped , everything done in minutes .
It feel good with UK certificate .

https://i.postimg.cc/Pf76ccw6/image.png

Good stuff. No idea why artwork beef was working in the background. Metadata editor doesn’t touch artwork. It’s purely ratings.

But then again, Artwork Beef causes my shit to crash all the time.
(2020-08-29, 22:13)nazim12 Wrote: One mess i am facing , i have installed Aura Mod , Arctic , zephyr as well  , when i do some changing in those skins like in home screens widgets and settings ,  it effects the Bingie Home screen and widgets get complicated response to those changing made by those skins.

Reset your home menu
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0