• 21(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread
It's been a couple of days...

... I don't know if it is just me but today when scraping for a movie that it couldn't automatically find, instead of being able to put the IMDB id in the manual verify, it's now asking for the TMDB id.  Would this imply the link to IMDB is down?

When I disable TMDB as a scrapper, but leave IMDB enabled, no verification of the movie is taking place, skips straight to image selection.

This was working fine earlier today but all of sudden seemed to switch.  I know as I had copied in at least two IMDB id to manual entry.
(2020-08-31, 16:47)Hairy Hippy Wrote: It's been a couple of days...

... I don't know if it is just me but today when scraping for a movie that it couldn't automatically find, instead of being able to put the IMDB id in the manual verify, it's now asking for the TMDB id.  Would this imply the link to IMDB is down?

When I disable TMDB as a scrapper, but leave IMDB enabled, no verification of the movie is taking place, skips straight to image selection.

This was working fine earlier today but all of sudden seemed to switch.  I know as I had copied in at least two IMDB id to manual entry.
Re-scrape Movie >Skip if more than one match >All items

There are not all these problems with Ember, please try
(2020-08-28, 16:55)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Hi @DanCooper - I see MSAA is dead (probably has been for some time) for movie set artwork management.  Are you planning to switch to Artwork Beef instead or should we only use the Kodi Interface going forward?

Ember scrapes artwork therefore it doesn't matter what artwork plugin Kodi uses, set it not to automatically add artwork from web services, identify local files only.  Please read the sticky guide for Movie Set Artwork Automator, it is very easy to set up.  

In Ember: 
In Scrapers - Data, tick Collection ID, tick "Add movie automatically to collection", if required also tick "Save extended collection info". 
In movie scraper (IMDB/TMDB etc) tick Collection ID
In Movie Sets - Files & Sources in the Kodi section set your path for movie set artwork.  In the Kodi Add Ons section once again set the path for movie set artwork

In Kodi:
Unzip the MovieSetArtwork Automator script
Find the file called (From memory) script.moviesetart.frodo (unless there's been a newer releaseHuh)
Assuming Windows, paste it into ... >appdata >roaming >kodi >addons
Start/re-start Kodi
System >Library settings >Videos "Show movie sets" = yes
Go to Kodi Programs, configure MovieSetArtworkAutomator: enable single artwork for all sets, set path for artwork
In MovieSetArtworkAutomator context menu, "Run" to run it

Read how to set up Ember to sync with Kodi & everything will be automated from now on.

Please read the stickies/guides & try things yourself so Dan can continue his hard work on new version.
(2020-08-31, 19:40)FumbDuck Wrote:

I have been using Ember for years!  Normally, and as I already stated, (Re)Scrape movie was working perfectly fine earlier today.  If it couldn't find the movie, the manual entry was IMDB not TMDB.  Not sure why this has suddenly switched, I don't recall changing anything in settings.  I would normally enter, for example tt1234567, which is the IMDB id not TMDB.
(2020-08-31, 20:01)FumbDuck Wrote:
(2020-08-28, 16:55)Hairy Hippy Wrote: Hi @DanCooper - I see MSAA is dead (probably has been for some time) for movie set artwork management.  Are you planning to switch to Artwork Beef instead or should we only use the Kodi Interface going forward?

Ember scrapes artwork therefore it doesn't matter what artwork plugin Kodi uses, set it not to automatically add artwork from web services, identify local files only.  Please read the sticky guide for Movie Set Artwork Automator, it is very easy to set up.  

In Ember: 
In Scrapers - Data, tick Collection ID, tick "Add movie automatically to collection", if required also tick "Save extended collection info". 
In movie scraper (IMDB/TMDB etc) tick Collection ID
In Movie Sets - Files & Sources in the Kodi section set your path for movie set artwork.  In the Kodi Add Ons section once again set the path for movie set artwork

In Kodi:
Unzip the MovieSetArtwork Automator script
Find the file called (From memory) script.moviesetart.frodo (unless there's been a newer releaseHuh)
Assuming Windows, paste it into ... >appdata >roaming >kodi >addons
Start/re-start Kodi
System >Library settings >Videos "Show movie sets" = yes
Go to Kodi Programs, configure MovieSetArtworkAutomator: enable single artwork for all sets, set path for artwork
In MovieSetArtworkAutomator context menu, "Run" to run it

Read how to set up Ember to sync with Kodi & everything will be automated from now on.

Please read the stickies/guides & try things yourself so Dan can continue his hard work on new version.
MSAA is dead, hence my question!  You can't even download it in the latest versions of Kodi.  I know how to use this tool thanks and have been doing so for years.

My question was simple, seeing as MSAA is dead, is the intention to replace or only use the Kodi interface going forward.  It's a simple question and wouldn't take Dan a minute to answer.
(2020-08-31, 21:14)Hairy Hippy Wrote:
(2020-08-31, 19:40)FumbDuck Wrote:

I have been using Ember for years!  Normally, and as I already stated, (Re)Scrape movie was working perfectly fine earlier today.  If it couldn't find the movie, the manual entry was IMDB not TMDB.  Not sure why this has suddenly switched, I don't recall changing anything in settings.  I would normally enter, for example tt1234567, which is the IMDB id not TMDB.
Seems clean cache & database solved my issue.  Edit:  In fact that wasn't what resolved the problem, although did appear to be the initial solution.  The solution in this case, was, for this one documentary in question, which does not exist in TMDB (does in IMDB), when scraping this movie, temporarily disable the TMDB scrapper.  If try to perform the scrape with TMDB enabled as well as IMDB, Ember tries to look for it on IMDB 1st, finds it but then tries to find it on TMDB, which it can't so doesn't end up scraping anything unless disable TMDB.  That in my opinion is a bug of sorts and to your point @FumbDuck can hopefully be resolved in the new version but for some reason I suspect has not been reported as a bug up until now!

Perhaps in future @FumbDuck you could suggest something that actually works.  I have been trying to fathom out the issue most of the day; had convinced myself that I can changed something in settings, even though I knew I hadn't.  I had been using the tool absolutely fine and the very next minute the issue occurred so was wondering if it might have been a connection to IMDB issue, it wasn't per the above.  However, I do only tend to post questions/potentially issues after I have tried most things!

Again, don't post anything else regarding my MSAA question; it's a valid question that only Dan can answer.  MSAA is dead, long live the Kodi interface :-)
Hi Dan, Lately I have been getting the error " ****this Movie has an invalid token " and on clicking OK emm exits.
Any idea why is this happening ?
(2020-09-04, 16:41)shaktoo Wrote: Hi Dan, Lately I have been getting the error " ****this Movie has an invalid token " and on clicking OK emm exits.
Any idea why is this happening ?
Any hint in the log file?
DefaultSource    Critical    3    '//b[.='Ocean's Thirteen']' has an invalid token. Unhandled Exception.
DefaultSource    Critical    3    Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Unhandled Exception.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Xml.XPath.XPathException: '//b[.='Ocean's Thirteen']' has an invalid token.

Does This Help ?
(2020-09-05, 04:13)shaktoo Wrote: DefaultSource    Critical    3    '//b[.='Ocean's Thirteen']' has an invalid token. Unhandled Exception.
DefaultSource    Critical    3    Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Unhandled Exception.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Xml.XPath.XPathException: '//b[.='Ocean's Thirteen']' has an invalid token.

Does This Help ?
Usually i need the Ember log entries to determine the addon or class. But this bug is nown and has to do with the ' in the title if you use one of the trailer scrapers (i think it was DavesTrailerPage). In Embers log you can see the addon that crashes.
(2020-09-05, 10:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-09-05, 04:13)shaktoo Wrote: DefaultSource    Critical    3    '//b[.='Ocean's Thirteen']' has an invalid token. Unhandled Exception.

Does This Help ?
Usually i need the Ember log entries to determine the addon or class. But this bug is nown and has to do with the ' in the title if you use one of the trailer scrapers (i think it was DavesTrailerPage). In Embers log you can see the addon that crashes.

Thanks Dan, 
As per your suggestion I disabled Dave's trailer page & Voila everything's back to Normal.
Once again thank you
Sorry if this is a dumb question - but can anyone tell me what it means if a TV Show has a series and individual episodes of that series showing in red text please?

Thanks

Pete
(2020-09-06, 21:21)wiredworm Wrote: Sorry if this is a dumb question - but can anyone tell me what it means if a TV Show has a series and individual episodes of that series showing in red text please?

Thanks

Pete

Anything that is marked is in red
I am trying again EMM and I get the same weird behavior of mediainfo with my MKVs: All ok but it just gets the "best" audio track. Others dont exist to EMM.

I quote the earlier post:
(2020-04-19, 15:16)Cromseth Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 14:08)DanCooper Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 13:04)Cromseth Wrote: The metadata load from video files (MKVs) just get one audio track, the "best" one (not always the first one). This way I can't see what movie is dubbed in my language or not until playing the real movie. The subs tracks are completely loaded, meanwhile. I don't see any option to change that or update mediainfo module. Is there something I can do to get all audio tracks?
Ember reads always reads all streams and shows them as small language icon. As default the best audio stream will be displayed with a flag, but in Settings => Movies/TV Shows => General => Main Window => Show best audio ... you can enable that the best stream of a specific language should be displayed with a flag.
It should be as you says, but it only gets one (the "best") track of the MKV. It happens with all of my movies (all MKVs). I post some images to show it:

Fist one: EMM shows just one audio track (subs are all indexed)

Image 2: EMM shows just one audio track in metadata info.

Image 3: Real Mediainfo from the file. It shows that the MKV has 3 audio tracks, not just one.

It happens with all my movies and as that is the info exported to Kodi I cant see what movies are dubbed or not in spanish (my language). I guess that has to be a Mediainfo inbuilt option or bug in EMM. Any clue?

Is there any way to change the mediainfo "core" that EMM uses? Maybe its just a file somewhere that I can change or overwrite and finally get all the audio tracks of my files...

Thanks in advance!
(2020-09-09, 14:40)Cromseth Wrote: I am trying again EMM and I get the same weird behavior of mediainfo with my MKVs: All ok but it just gets the "best" audio track. Others dont exist to EMM.

I quote the earlier post:
(2020-04-19, 15:16)Cromseth Wrote:
(2020-04-19, 14:08)DanCooper Wrote: Ember reads always reads all streams and shows them as small language icon. As default the best audio stream will be displayed with a flag, but in Settings => Movies/TV Shows => General => Main Window => Show best audio ... you can enable that the best stream of a specific language should be displayed with a flag.
It should be as you says, but it only gets one (the "best") track of the MKV. It happens with all of my movies (all MKVs). I post some images to show it:

Fist one: EMM shows just one audio track (subs are all indexed)

Image 2: EMM shows just one audio track in metadata info.

Image 3: Real Mediainfo from the file. It shows that the MKV has 3 audio tracks, not just one.

It happens with all my movies and as that is the info exported to Kodi I cant see what movies are dubbed or not in spanish (my language). I guess that has to be a Mediainfo inbuilt option or bug in EMM. Any clue?

Is there any way to change the mediainfo "core" that EMM uses? Maybe its just a file somewhere that I can change or overwrite and finally get all the audio tracks of my files...

Thanks in advance!

Just an update:

If I select "Spanish" in Settings->Movies-->General-->Display best audio stream language-->Spanish
Then the only one (again just one) track added to info is the Spanish one, not the "best" one.

After switch again the option to -->[Disabled] If I "reload" the movie it keeps the Spanish track as the only one... while scanning another NEW one it gets again the "best" one... I can't understand that!  Huh

And its not a main window "display" issue, because in the Metadata tab of the movie there is always just one audio track.

So there should be an option or configuration way to get ALL the audio tracks, because that shows that EMM can get any track info...
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.9.x - Download & Discussion Thread2