Req The .kodi Media Container
Disclaimer: I know—I have serious OCD issues. But the fact that even after 19 releases I am unable to get XBMC/Kodi to see my files properly, I felt there is scope for something new.

My current media drive’s layout is simple. My Videos drive has everything in just 3 folders:
  • Home Videos
  • Movies
  • TV Shows

Within the Movies folder, every movie is within its own folder. So something like:
  • 12 Strong (2018)
  • 12 Years A Slave (2013)
  • 127 Hours (2010)
  • A Clockwork Orange (1971)
  • A King In New York (1957)
  • A Private War (2018)
  • A Quiet Place (2018)
  • A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)
  • Ad Astra (2019)
  • etc.

Taking the 12 Strong movie as an example, the contents of its folder look something like this:
  • 12 Strong (2018)-poster.jpg
  • 12 Strong (2018).mkv
  • Extras
    • 1 12 Strong - The Making Of An Impossible Mission-poster.jpg
    • 1 12 Strong - The Making Of An Impossible Mission.mkv
    • 2 Monumental Effort - Building America's Response Monument-poster.jpg
    • 2 Monumental Effort - Building America's Response Monument.mkv
    • folder.jpg
  • folder.jpg

And this is how all of my movie folders are. Even if I do not have extras for a film, every film is within its own folder.

My collections are also organised in folders. So my Captain America Collection folder looks something like this:
  • Captain America Collection (2011-2016)
    • 1 Captain America - The First Avenger (2011)
      • 1 Captain America - The First Avenger (2011)-poster.jpg
      • 1 Captain America - The First Avenger (2011).mkv
      • 2 Captain America - The First Avenger (2011) 4K-poster.jpg
      • 2 Captain America - The First Avenger (2011) 4K.mkv
      • Extras
        • 1 Deleted Scenes-poster.jpg
        • 1 Deleted Scenes.mkv
        • 2 Marvel One-Shot - A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer-poster.jpg
        • 2 Marvel One-Shot - A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Thor's Hammer.mkv
        • 3 Outfitting A Hero-poster.jpg
        • 3 Outfitting A Hero.mkv
        • 4 Howling Commandos-poster.jpg
        • 4 Howling Commandos.mkv
        • 5 Heightened Technology-poster.jpg
        • 5 Heightened Technology.mkv
        • 6 The Transformation-poster.jpg
        • 6 The Transformation.mkv
        • 7 Behind The Skull-poster.jpg
        • 7 Behind The Skull.mkv
        • 8 Captain America's Origin-poster.jpg
        • 8 Captain America's Origin.mkv
        • 9 The Assembly Begins-poster.jpg
        • 9 The Assembly Begins.mkv
        • folder.jpg
      • folder.jpg
    • 2 Captain America - The Winter Soldier (2014)

• 3 Captain America - Civil War (2016)

Perhaps you can see where I may be having problems. Not only do I have multiple editions of some titles, but I have every extra ripped from my discs; and I’ve got them (the extras too) in a nested folder structure that I think is ideal to me. Of course, in my ideal world, I would have liked my media player to be able to detect this folder structure and intelligently curate the library, and present the media to me for consumption. But, I know that isn’t easy.

I know there are add-ons that can help with various things—like managing the Extras for every feature; and even managing various versions/editions of the titles themselves. But therein lies the problem. They are add-ons. They break. And many times, they don’t even work as intended. Like some movies have nested folders within the Extras folder too—like the deleted scenes may be 10 separate files instead of 1. All that gets thrown out—and even the sort order gets ignored—and everything is just displayed as 1 list.

The only way to have it work properly is if Kodi itself could see my data the way I see it. So, here’s what my idle brain has come up with.

——

The suggestion/concept is to have an all encompassing container that would house media (video, audio & image) content into a single folder like structure with the extension .kodi. To the OS, the .kodi container is just another folder. But to Kodi, it is an all-in-one package. The contents of this container would be:
  1. A folder.jpg file that will be the poster image for the container itself;
  2. A background.jpg image file that will show up as the the backdrop of the title once the user enters the container; or
  3. A background.mov video file that would play as the backdrop once the user enters the container. (This video file—if it exists—takes precedence over the static image file.)
  4. A Titles and/or Tracks folder which would house the primary media files of this title; (Titles for video; Tracks for audio/music.)
  5. An optional Extras folder, which would house all of the Title’s extras. (This folder is forever ignored during library scans. Contents of this folder would be displayed alphabetically by default, with files and folders sorted together.); and finally
  6. An optional title.nfo file which would house custom information about the title in the XML format. (If the viewer doesn’t like scrapers to fetch info. about the title.)

For movies which are single-titled, like for example ‘Forrest Gump’—the Forrest Gump (1994).kodi container would look like this:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • Forest Gump (1994).mkv
    • Forest Gump (1994)-poster.jpg
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1 Musical Signposts to History.mkv
    • 2 Greenbow Diary.mkv
    • 3 The Art of Screenplay Adaptation.mkv
    • 4 Getting Past the Impossible: 'Forrest Gump' and the Visual Effects Revolution.mkv
    • 5 Little Forrest.mkv
    • 6 An Evening with 'Forrest Gump'.mkv
    • 7 Archival Supplements.mkv
    • 8 The Make-up of 'Forrest Gump'.mkv
    • 9 Through the Ears of 'Forrest Gump:' Sound Design
      • 1 Bike.mkv
      • 2 Crowds.mkv
      • 3 Vietnam.mkv
      • 4 Rain.mkv
      • 5 Ping Pong.mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • 10 Building the World of 'Gump:' Production Design.mkv
    • 11 Seeing is Believing: The Visual Effects of 'Forrest Gump'
      • 1 Run Forrest Run.mkv
      • 2 Martin Luther King, Jr..mkv
      • 3 George Wallace.mkv
      • 4 Vietnam.mkv
      • 5 Ping Pong with George Bush.mkv
      • 6 Lyndon B. Johnson.mkv
      • 7 Enhancing Reality.mkv
      • 8 Dick Cavett and John Lennon.mkv
      • 9 Richard Nixon.mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • 12 Screen Tests
      • 1 Michael Conner Humphreys.mkv
      • 2 Hanna R. Hall.mkv
      • 3 Robin Wright.mkv
      • 4 Haley Joel Osment.mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • folder.jpg

If multiple editions/versions of the movie exists, the Forrest Gump (1994).kodi container would look like this:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 Forest Gump (1994) Theatrical Release.mkv
    • 1 Forest Gump (1994) Theatrical Release-poster.jpg
    • 2 Forest Gump (1994) 4K.mkv
    • 2 Forest Gump (1994) 4K-poster.jpg
    • 3 Forest Gump (1994) Sapphire Edition.mkv
    • 3 Forest Gump (1994) Sapphire Edition-poster.jpg
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1 Musical Signposts to History.mkv
    • 2 Greenbow Diary.mkv
    • 3 The Art of Screenplay Adaptation.mkv
    • 4 Getting Past the Impossible: 'Forrest Gump' and the Visual Effects Revolution.mkv
    • 5 Little Forrest.mkv
    • 6 An Evening with 'Forrest Gump'.mkv
    • 7 Archival Supplements.mkv
    • 8 The Make-up of 'Forrest Gump'.mkv
    • 9 Through the Ears of 'Forrest Gump:' Sound Design
      • 1 Bike.mkv
      • 2 Crowds.mkv
      • 3 Vietnam.mkv
      • 4 Rain.mkv
      • 5 Ping Pong.mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • 10 Building the World of 'Gump:' Production Design.mkv
    • 11 Seeing is Believing: The Visual Effects of 'Forrest Gump'
      • 1 Run Forrest Run.mkv
      • 2 Martin Luther King, Jr..mkv
      • 3 George Wallace.mkv
      • 4 Vietnam.mkv
      • 5 Ping Pong with George Bush.mkv
      • 6 Lyndon B. Johnson.mkv
      • 7 Enhancing Reality.mkv
      • 8 Dick Cavett and John Lennon.mkv
      • 9 Richard Nixon.mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • 12 Screen Tests
      • 1 Michael Conner Humphreys.mkv
      • 2 Hanna R. Hall.mkv
      • 3 Robin Wright.mkv
      • 4 Haley Joel Osment.mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • folder.jpg

For multi-titled movies, like ‘The Lord of the Rings’ series—every individual title should be saved as a stand-alone container. So, The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).kodi container would look like:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).mkv
    • 1 The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)-poster.jpg
    • 2 The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) Extended Edition.mkv
    • 2 The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) Extended Edition-poster.jpg
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1 The Lord of the Rings: War in the North - The Untold Story.mkv
    • 2 The Appendices Parts 1 & 2 Introduction.mkv
    • 3 J.R.R. Tolkien: Creator of Middle-earth.mkv
    • 4 From Book to Script.mkv
    • 5 Visualizing the Story.mkv
    • 6 Designing and Building Middle-earth.mkv
    • 7 New Zealand as Middle-earth.mkv
    • 8 Middle-earth Atlas.mkv
    • 9 Filming The Fellowship of the Ring.mkv
    • 10 Visual Effects.mkv
    • 11 Post Production: Putting It All Together.mkv
    • 12 Digital Grading.mkv
    • 13 Sound and Music.mkv
    • 14 The Road Goes Ever On....mkv
    • folder.jpg

The .kodi container can be nested too. So the above The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).kodi container could be inside The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy.kodi container, whose contents would looks like this:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring (2001).kodi
    • 2 The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (2002).kodi
    • 3 The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King (2003).kodi
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1……

And in turn, The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy.kodi container could be inside The Middle Earth Collection.kodi container, whose contents would looks like this:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 The Lord of the Rings - The Motion Picture Trilogy.kodi
    • 2 The Hobbit - Motion Picture Trilogy.kodi
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1……

All Extras folders (nested at any level) should be ignored during scans into the library; and if the folder itself is empty—or doesn’t exist—it would not be displayed within Kodi as an option either.

All words used after the (YEAR) in a file name within the Titles folder, could be used to describe that version of the title—like 4K, Sapphire Edition, Extended Edition, or Director’s Cut etc.

If a suffixed -poster.jpg file does not exist for a media file, the folder.jpg file residing in the same folder will be used as the poster image for that media file.

-x-x-x-

TV Shows would follow the same pattern. Every season would be a .kodi container in itself. With all of them being nested inside a show’s .kodi container. For example, Friends - The Complete Series.kodi container would consist of:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 The Complete First Season.kodi
    • 2 The Complete Second Season.kodi
    • 3 The Complete Third Season.kodi
    • 4 The Complete Fourth Season.kodi
    • 5 The Complete Fifth Season.kodi
    • 6 The Complete Sixth Season.kodi
    • 7 The Complete Seventh Season.kodi
    • 8 The Complete Eighth Season.kodi
    • 9 The Complete Ninth Season.kodi
    • 10 The Complete Tenth Season.kodi
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1 Friends from the Start.mkv
    • 2 When Friends Become Family.mkv
    • 3 The Legacy of Friends.mkv
    • 4 Friends on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.mkv
    • 5 Friends Visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show.mkv
    • 6 The One Where Rachel Tells Ross.mkv
    • 7 Gag Reel.mkv
    • 8 Music Video - I'll Be There for You by The Rembrandts.mkv
    • folder.jpg

The 1 The Complete First Season.kodi container itself would look like this:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 The Pilot.mkv
    • 2 The One with the Sonogram at the End.mkv
    • 3 The One with the Thumb.mkv
    • 4 The One with George Stephanopoulos.mkv
    • 5 The One with the East German Laundry Detergent.mkv
    • 6 The One with the Butt.mkv
    • 7 The One with the Blackout.mkv
    • 8 The One Where Nana Dies Twice.mkv
    • 9 The One Where Underdog Gets Away.mkv
    • 10 The One with the Monkey.mkv
    • 11 The One with Mrs. Bing.mkv
    • 12 The One with the Dozen Lasagnas.mkv
    • 13 The One with the Boobies.mkv
    • 14 The One with the Candy Hearts.mkv
    • 15 The One with the Stoned Guy.mkv
    • 16 The One with Two Parts, Part 1.mkv
    • 17 The One with Two Parts, Part 2.mkv
    • 18 The One with All the Poker.mkv
    • 19 The One Where the Monkey Gets Away.mkv
    • 20 The One with the Evil Orthodontist.mkv
    • 21 The One with Fake Monica.mkv
    • 22 The One with the Ick Factor.mkv
    • 23 The One with the Birth.mkv
    • 24 The One Where Rachel Finds Out.mkv
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1 Friends of Friends.mkv
    • 2 Season Two Trailer.mkv
    • folder.jpg

-x-x-x-

For music albums, again, every album would be a .kodi container in itself. With all of them being nested inside either an Artist’s .kodi container; or, just by themselves—as a standalone album. An artist’s .kodi container—for example, Michael Jackson.kodi could consist of:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 Got To Be There.kodi
    • 2 Off The Wall.kodi
    • 3 Thriller.kodi
    • 4 Bad.kodi
    • 5 HIStory - Past, Present And Future, Book I.kodi
    • 6 Blood On The Dance Floor - HIStory In The Mix.kodi
    • 7 Dangerous.kodi
    • 8 Invincible.kodi
    • 9 Xscape.kodi
    • folder.jpg

This would allow for multiple album versions to be parsed correctly as well. Like, if you have the 3 versions of the Thriller album, the 3 Thriller.kodi container above would consist of:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Titles
    • 1 CDDA Release.kodi
    • 2 Hi-Res Release.kodi
    • 3 SACD Release.kodi
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1 Digital Booklet.pdf
    • 2 Music Videos
      • 1 Billie Jean (1983).mkv
      • 2 Beat It (1983).mkv
      • 3 Thriller (1983).mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • folder.jpg

A nesting container format allows for organization beyond the metadata of the file. Audio metadata is almost always wrongly scraped. And even if manually managed, for people with multiple versions of the albums or perhaps 2 albums the exact same name as well, it does become a nightmare. (Example: The soundtrack of Coco. There are 3 versions in 2 languages; but despite having all of the metadata fed in accurately and using the ‘sort album’ field within the ID3 tags, the album never shows up right in any audio player.)

Music albums do not have to be within an Artist container. So, if the Thriller.kodi container was for a single version by itself, it would look like:
  • background.jpg
  • folder.jpg
  • Tracks
    • 1 Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • 2 Baby Be Mine - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • 3 The Girl Is Mine - Michael Jackson feat. Paul McCartney.dsf
    • 4 Thriller - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • 5 Beat It - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • 6 Billie Jean - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • 7 Human Nature - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • 8 P. Y. T. (Pretty Young Thing) - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • 9 The Lady In My Life - Michael Jackson.dsf
    • folder.jpg
  • Extras
    • 1 Digital Booklet.pdf
    • 2 Music Videos
      • 1 Billie Jean (1983).mkv
      • 2 Beat It (1983).mkv
      • 3 Thriller (1983).mkv
      • folder.jpg
    • folder.jpg

I know—this may not be for everyone. But I felt like sharing what I have been thinking of… in the hope that my 2¢ could make a difference. (And, if you made it up to here… thanks for reading.) Smile
I've moved this post to 'Feature Requests' as it would seem appropriate.

Forgive my brevity, but your post is so long that I lost myself.

folder.jpg has been depreciated by many years now, although it still is somewhat functional in the wrong places. Artwork types (wiki) Artwork (wiki) so get rid of all occurrences of the file 'folder.jpg' or rename to 'poster.jpg' which will help somewhat, understand that the 'Extras' labelled folder inside a movie folder will be seen by the scrapers if you don't make an exception for it in the advancedsettings.xml section 4 Preventing Extras Being Added To Library this doesn't change with add-ons.  To enable access to these extras use one of the Add-on extras programs or select file mode.

Ensure your sources as TV or Movies with appropriate scrapers (scanning recursively if you have the 'Extras' have an exception in advanced settings and no nested folders) The Home Movies will have to be dealt with, in a custom manner. Custom video entries (wiki) The date is not needed on the video file name itself, but is useful for the folder if you scrape according to folder has the same name. 
Quote:I have multiple editions of some titles
Use the title rename to differentiate between. I have maybe 6 Avatar movies... in one folder all have different titles.

1) Poster.jpg
2) fanart.jpg
3) background.mov video file, this would slow browsing to a crawl... but is possible, check other areas of the forum for anims... I have a few.
4) That's why this post is in feature requests.
5) Extras folder is ignored with the proper advanced settings (no nesting of sub folders though unless you have don't scan recursively )
6) "title.nfo file which would house custom information", you can edit on the fly, but most people used a 3rd party media manager like TMM to quickly edit.

You might want to investigate Movie sets (wiki), at this point I think you have a fixed idea of how things should work and from my point of view (music stuff exempted here, not a big music fan) everything you want can be accomplished with Kodi as-is, but some things could be made simpler. I suggest that smart playlists and nodes will make your set-up sing. 

Everything has to be done in baby steps, Kodi is always a work in progress.
(2020-08-20, 17:18)PatK Wrote: I've moved this post to 'Feature Requests' as it would seem appropriate.

Forgive my brevity, but your post is so long that I lost myself.

folder.jpg has been depreciated by many years now, although it still is somewhat functional in the wrong places. Artwork types (wiki) Artwork (wiki) so get rid of all occurrences of the file 'folder.jpg' or rename to 'poster.jpg' which will help somewhat, understand that the 'Extras' labelled folder inside a movie folder will be seen by the scrapers if you don't make an exception for it in the advancedsettings.xml section 4 Preventing Extras Being Added To Library this doesn't change with add-ons.  To enable access to these extras use one of the Add-on extras programs or select file mode.

Ensure your sources as TV or Movies with appropriate scrapers (scanning recursively if you have the 'Extras' have an exception in advanced settings and no nested folders) The Home Movies will have to be dealt with, in a custom manner. Custom video entries (wiki) The date is not needed on the video file name itself, but is useful for the folder if you scrape according to folder has the same name. 
Quote:I have multiple editions of some titles
Use the title rename to differentiate between. I have maybe 6 Avatar movies... in one folder all have different titles.

1) Poster.jpg
2) fanart.jpg
3) background.mov video file, this would slow browsing to a crawl... but is possible, check other areas of the forum for anims... I have a few.
4) That's why this post is in feature requests.
5) Extras folder is ignored with the proper advanced settings (no nesting of sub folders though unless you have don't scan recursively )
6) "title.nfo file which would house custom information", you can edit on the fly, but most people used a 3rd party media manager like TMM to quickly edit.

You might want to investigate Movie sets (wiki), at this point I think you have a fixed idea of how things should work and from my point of view (music stuff exempted here, not a big music fan) everything you want can be accomplished with Kodi as-is, but some things could be made simpler. I suggest that smart playlists and nodes will make your set-up sing. 

Everything has to be done in baby steps, Kodi is always a work in progress.

Dear Pat.

Many thanks for moving this thread to the Feature Requests section. I realised my mistake the moment I created the post—and couldn't find a way to move it over myself. Appreciate you doing so.

Many thanks for your tips as well. I do have the poster.jpg for all of my media files. But I've been digitising and curating my collection for over 20 years now—and back then, folder.jpg seemed to be the norm. So it just became a habit. I know it serves no purpose, because I do have the filename-poster.jpg within my movie folder as well. Perhaps I should have said poster.jpg instead of folder.jpg within my initial post.

The point of my post was not to complain that something is lacking in Kodi—and I meant no offence to any of the developers. (I can't thank you all enough for the work you'll do.) Its just that some of these things needn't be 'add-ons' anymore. And with a defined media container, more could happen within Kodi itself. Like theme developers could come up with custom menu's that could be applied to these continers/titles—so that titles show up like (or better than) a standard Blu-ray menu etc.

I see and use Kodi as an experience. And while there may be ways to achieve some of what I am seeking, I think there is too much tinkering that needs to happen for it to work. Apart from the Extras add-on that you linked to, I have been keeping an eye on certain threads that seem to be under development—like this one for multiple versions of a film; and this one for the special features too. But none of them (IMHO) do justice to the experience that Kodi is. Hence, my long post.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to reply to me with your suggestions.

Cheers.
SD
(2020-08-20, 02:38)sarvajanik Wrote: Audio metadata is almost always wrongly scraped. And even if manually managed, for people with multiple versions of the albums or perhaps 2 albums the exact same name as well, it does become a nightmare. (Example: The soundtrack of Coco. There are 3 versions in 2 languages; but despite having all of the metadata fed in accurately and using the ‘sort album’ field within the ID3 tags, the album never shows up right in any audio player.)

Sorry, but I have to take issue with that.  If you tag properly and use MusicBrainz ID's (which Kodi understands) then metadata is almost always scraped correctly.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if you tag with MBID's its always scraped correctly.  Of course the issue there is getting the right MBID's in the first place, but Picard does a pretty decent job and only usually requires minimal user intervention.

The correct use of MBIDs also allows kodi to properly display multiple versions of albums.  I have 3 versions of an album by one artist and they are all displayed correctly, in spite of the title being the same in all three cases.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
I have a touch of OCD myself although it doesn't hit my media. I personally just rip the main title and stick the disk in the garage in a box. Your method is brilliant I have to admit, you get the whole disk. If I may suggest an option though? If you are keeping literally everything the might it be easier to rip an ISO of the disks and just run from that instead of managing each part of the disk separately? Would accomplish the same general thing and be far easier to manage?
(2020-08-25, 19:33)jmgibson1981 Wrote: I have a touch of OCD myself although it doesn't hit my media. I personally just rip the main title and stick the disk in the garage in a box. Your method is brilliant I have to admit, you get the whole disk. If I may suggest an option though? If you are keeping literally everything the might it be easier to rip an ISO of the disks and just run from that instead of managing each part of the disk separately? Would accomplish the same general thing and be far easier to manage?

I agree. A lot of my DVDs are in the ISO format. I had shunend away from ISOs for BDs, because back then, the format wasn't completely functional in XBMC/Kodi. My collection spans a little over 40TB as of now—so re-ripping the discs to ISOs isn't very inviting a task. Smile
(2020-08-23, 15:37)black_eagle Wrote:
(2020-08-20, 02:38)sarvajanik Wrote: Audio metadata is almost always wrongly scraped. And even if manually managed, for people with multiple versions of the albums or perhaps 2 albums the exact same name as well, it does become a nightmare. (Example: The soundtrack of Coco. There are 3 versions in 2 languages; but despite having all of the metadata fed in accurately and using the ‘sort album’ field within the ID3 tags, the album never shows up right in any audio player.)

Sorry, but I have to take issue with that.  If you tag properly and use MusicBrainz ID's (which Kodi understands) then metadata is almost always scraped correctly.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say that if you tag with MBID's its always scraped correctly.  Of course the issue there is getting the right MBID's in the first place, but Picard does a pretty decent job and only usually requires minimal user intervention.

The correct use of MBIDs also allows kodi to properly display multiple versions of albums.  I have 3 versions of an album by one artist and they are all displayed correctly, in spite of the title being the same in all three cases.
I should give this another shot. I had tried MB long ago—but it being an open database that anyone can contribute to and edit, a lot of my music (Western Classical and South Asian in genres in particular) gave me a lot of mismatched nightmares. Perhaps I did something wrong. Will try it again. Thanks.
(2020-09-15, 05:51)sarvajanik Wrote: I should give this another shot. I had tried MB long ago—but it being an open database that anyone can contribute to and edit, a lot of my music (Western Classical and South Asian in genres in particular) gave me a lot of mismatched nightmares. Perhaps I did something wrong. Will try it again. Thanks.

Yes, it's not a one-size fits all type of thing.  You do sometimes have to put in some effort to get the correct matches.  Of course the fact that is an open database means that you also can get an account and fix your mismatched stuff.  Not only does that benefit you, it benefits everyone following you.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The .kodi Media Container0