• 49(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-09-15, 12:43)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 11:51)HugoBoss Wrote: Hey guys, I'm experiencing problems with this mod and the Original Bingie. This wasn't a problem in the OG Bingie when I used a windows laptop, but now I use a MacBook.
I can't post a picture here so I'm just gonna describe it as best as I can.
In the Original Bingie, the home screen works fine. But when you click on the show/ movie, it just shows you the fanart and plot (This is the page where the "More Info" button takes you).
In the Bingie Mod, the home screen is just blank, I've already scanned the shows to the library, and I see that even though I updated and downloaded the latest mod, the settings page only has 2 detail options, unlike the numerous ones that's supposed to be there.
I already fiddled with this for 2 days, now I'm officially stuck. SEND HELP PLEASE!

tl;dr: Original Bingie does has home screen but does not show the Information in Shows.
       Modded Bingie only shows a black home screen.

So if I've understood, you're not getting the video info dialogue screen below right?

Is the widget pointing to your library or an add-on?

For the other issue, try uninstalling bingie mod completely. Make sure it's no longer present in your addons folder and or the temp folder in addons. Redownload from github to ensure you have the latest version.
Yeah, just the title, plot, and fan art.
(2020-09-15, 13:03)HugoBoss Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 11:51)HugoBoss Wrote: Hey guys, I'm experiencing problems with this mod and the Original Bingie. This wasn't a problem in the OG Bingie when I used a windows laptop, but now I use a MacBook.
In the Original Bingie, the home screen works fine. But when you click on the show/ movie, it just shows you the fanart and plot (This is the page where the "More Info" button takes you).
In the Bingie Mod, the home screen is just blank, I've already scanned the shows to the library, and I see that even though I updated and downloaded the latest mod, the settings page only has 2 detail options, unlike the numerous ones that's supposed to be there.
I already fiddled with this for 2 days, now I'm officially stuck. SEND HELP PLEASE!

tl;dr: Original Bingie does has home screen but does not show the Information in Shows.

So if I've understood, you're not getting the video info dialogue screen below right?

For the other issue, try uninstalling bingie mod completely. Make sure it's no longer present in your addons folder and or the temp folder in addons. Redownload from github to ensure you have the latest version.

Also, I reverted the widgets back to the default settings, still the video information dialogue is not showing.
(2020-09-15, 13:13)HugoBoss Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 12:43)HugoL Wrote: So if I've understood, you're not getting the video info dialogue screen below right?

Also, I reverted the widgets back to the default settings, still the video information dialogue is not showing.

do you have another device you can load your build to? Is it possible its a Mac issue?
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-15, 13:15)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 13:03)HugoBoss Wrote: Yeah, just the title, plot, and fan art.

do you have another device you can load your build to? Is it possible its a Mac issue?
Yeah I think it's a Mac issue. I tried Bingie before in a windows laptop, it works just fine.
I tried it on my iPhone before, but that just had a black home screen, so I don't have other devices anymore.

OK but what's the widget pointing to? addon or library?
(2020-09-15, 12:43)HugoL Wrote: So if I've understood, you're not getting the video info dialogue screen below right?

That won't help either of your issues.  For black homescreen issue did you do what I said?
(2020-09-15, 13:20)HugoBoss Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 13:15)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 13:13)HugoBoss Wrote: Also, I reverted the widgets back to the default settings, still the video information dialogue is not showing.

Yeah I think it's a Mac issue. I tried Bingie before in a windows laptop, it works just fine.
I tried it on my iPhone before, but that just had a black home screen, so I don't have other devices anymore.
Are you planning on using your mac as a HTPC or something or do you do most of your video watching from a PC? I have Kodi loaded to my windows pc but rarely use it maybe if i want to play with the code or something but its much easier to use a dedicated streaming box with a voice activated remote for watching on large screen in my opinion I use an Nvidia Shield for my main TV and I have a couple Xiaomi Mi boxes for the bedroom and camper. Both run Android TV and support all the other streaming services Netflix, Hulu, Prime video, Youtube, Sling etc. Dont get me wrong we want to help you figure out your issue with your mac but just throwing out some other options for you.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-09-15, 13:30)HugoL Wrote:

That won't help either of your issues.  For black homescreen issue did you do what I said?
I had some squirrely behavior with my setup before and by completely deleting the skin was the only thing that fixed it for me. Like HugoL stated delete both Bingie and the Bingie Mod in the addons folder then try reloading everything from the Bingie repo then reload from zip the Bingie Mod. Are you familiar where to look for the addons folder with a file explorer? you may have to enable hidden folders on your mac.

Yeah, I already did. Still a black screen. Also, I've noticed in the original Bingie Settings, that if you go to Skin Settings - HomeScreen Layout - Homescreen Layout (The very first option) Then it lets you choose which Homescreen layout you could pick. 
The first time I tried Bingie on this laptop, it has a black home screen to, but when I picked Bingie on the Homescreen layout, it showed the home screen but no video info dialogue.
The mod has Skin Settings- HomeScreen Layout- but within the home screen layout, there is no option that lets you pick. The very first option that I saw was the widget options.
(2020-09-15, 13:51)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 13:13)HugoBoss Wrote: Also, I reverted the widgets back to the default settings, still the video information dialogue is not showing.
I had some squirrely behavior with my setup before and by completely deleting the skin was the only thing that fixed it for me. Like HugoL stated delete both Bingie and the Bingie Mod in the addons folder then try reloading everything from the Bingie repo then reload from zip the Bingie Mod. Are you familiar where to look for the addons folder with a file explorer? you may have to enable hidden folders on your Mac.
I use this Mac for school works, but I also want to use it to watch tv and movies, since it's the only device with big screen that I have.
Also, I already tried deleting the skin, and the other add-ons that came with it, but still the same results.
(2020-09-15, 14:19)HugoBoss Wrote:
Yeah, I already did. Still a black screen. Also, I've noticed in the original Bingie Settings, that if you go to Skin Settings - HomeScreen Layout - Homescreen Layout (The very first option) Then it lets you choose which Homescreen layout you could pick. 
The first time I tried Bingie on this laptop, it has a black home screen to, but when I picked Bingie on the Homescreen layout, it showed the home screen but no video info dialogue.
The mod has Skin Settings- HomeScreen Layout- but within the home screen layout, there is no option that lets you pick. The very first option that I saw was the widget options.
Issue 1 - Again, can you tell me what your widgets point to?

Issue 2. So Original bingie was corrected by selecting "Bingie" for homescreen layout? This is a strange trick because  it's the default  option anyway.  And because bingie mod doesn't have this option you can't use the same trick.   No idea what's going on here I'm afraid.  You did say you also say you were missing the new options under the "details" section too.  Can you confirm you have bingie mod 1.06 installed?
I had this issue on my Mac , I had used the “ create skin back up “ in the Titan skin settings and was stuck on a black home screen , solved it by enabling the “ restore back up “ option , the rebooting Kodi.
(2020-09-15, 14:43)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 14:19)HugoBoss Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 13:30)HugoL Wrote: That won't help either of your issues.  For black homescreen issue did you do what I said?
Issue 1 - Again, can you tell me what your widgets point to?

Issue 2. So Original bingie was corrected by selecting "Bingie" for homescreen layout? This is a strange trick because  it's the default  option anyway.  And because bingie mod doesn't have this option you can't use the same trick.   No idea what's going on here I'm afraid.  You did say you also say you were missing the new options under the "details" section too.  Can you confirm you have bingie mod 1.06 installed?

I think my widgets point to the library, because I have my own content (Not sure if that's that answer you were looking for)
I looked at the add on settings and it's confirmed that I have version 1.06.
(2020-09-15, 11:26)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 02:58)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 02:40)HugoL Wrote: The 3 new settings can be found here:

Uploaded fine for me love the changes thank you.

No problem! Please can you check if you can recreate this bug?

Switch on uk logos then go to library views and switch from poster to landscape and then back to poster again.

If the bug occurs you should see the fallback flagbox/text displayed on top of the logo while in Poster view. Then it corrects itself by leaving and returning to the window.
Great update thanks! Diffuse is much better. I'm not seeing a bug when switching form poster/landscape/poster.
(2020-09-15, 16:27)Blackysb Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 11:26)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-09-15, 02:58)cscott1 Wrote: Uploaded fine for me love the changes thank you.

No problem! Please can you check if you can recreate this bug?

Switch on uk logos then go to library views and switch from poster to landscape and then back to poster again.

If the bug occurs you should see the fallback flagbox/text displayed on top of the logo while in Poster view. Then it corrects itself by leaving and returning to the window.
Great update thanks! Diffuse is much better. I'm not seeing a bug when switching form poster/landscape/poster.

Oh ok, thanks for letting me know. I’m stumped then. Can’t figure this out but it’s happens for me in library views and only while in poster view.

So you use UK icons on the details row right? Can you also check if you get the landscape art in episode view above the season 1 header? Seems to be another bug where for some reason, it also causes the landscape art to disappear.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0