• 32(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
Does anyone know how to get the add-on to play the next episode in a season of a TV series automatically? Or is there a general Kodi setting I can use?
If i have Prime USA with Showtime/HBO channels, will this add on get me them or just the VOD?
@Airw0lf_  I believe most people just use the export feature to use abilities like play next episode or have the Kodi setting to play next file.

@markeymark Yes it will play any content associated with your Prime account. I believe this Prime and SlingTV are the only addons to get premium channels like HBO in the USA at the moment. PSvue was another option but the service was discontinued.
(2020-09-11, 21:11)snoopyjoe Wrote: @Airw0lf_  I believe most people just use the export feature to use abilities like play next episode or have the Kodi setting to play next file.

@markeymark Yes it will play any content associated with your Prime account. I believe this Prime and SlingTV are the only addons to get premium channels like HBO in the USA at the moment. PSvue was another option but the service was discontinued.

@snoopyjoe Thank you, I just realized if I select "Play from here" that does the trick.
Time for another "massive reply since I've been gone for months" post.

(2020-08-17, 01:58)Sumanyu Wrote: I am trying to use the Amazon VOD addon but whenever I play a video, the blue circle keeps on rolling and the video does not start. Anyone have any solution? The debug log is here

Seems like a decoding error.

(2020-08-22, 19:52)rocko Wrote: This works great on Kodi 18 and 19 except for two things, watched movie doesn,t check off and no option for resume point, always starts over.

Am I missing something in the settings or do these functions not work.

At the moment there is no way to sync from PrimeVideo to Amazon VOD, although the opposite does work. It also works within Kodi.

(2020-08-29, 22:59)heysoundude Wrote: I tried for both the leia and the matrix zips, same message both times.

Those are repos zips, not addons. You need to select the .zip while adding a new repository. After that you can download the addons from the repos.
Note: make sure you select leia for Kodi 18 or matrix for Kodi 19, or there'll be hell to pay in cleaning up.

(2020-08-30, 13:48)dormamu Wrote: I'm unable to login into the app. The reason why is clear. Amazon identifies the login as an unusual sign-in attempt. I receive a text message from Amazon with a redirect where I can approve the login but this won't allow me to sign in into the app. I keep receiving the same error and I keep receiving approval requests from Amazon

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Anyone knows a workaround?

There are/have been changes with the authentication code, mainly to get around new Amazon's restrictions. I don't handle that portion of the code, but it might be solved by now. There may or may not be a problem with OTPs at the moment.

(2020-08-31, 03:11)teriyaki Wrote: Haven't check the status of the Amazon VOD addon in a while... Is it still a goal to get it in the official repo for the Kodi 19 release?

Yes, the addon is repo ready for the Matrix release, and I am supposed to manage it, but I wanted to provide some accessibility functions that are long overdue before pushing it to public and fix a couple minor issues, but between work, COVID and my newborn daughter it's become tough to find the time.

(2020-09-05, 13:05)AbRASiON Wrote: Does this work currently on Kodi 18?  It sounds like people are having problems.

Absolutely.

(2020-09-06, 02:37)AbRASiON Wrote: Never mind, I got the plugin working, not the fastest performer, but it does work.

Does it get faster at caching thumbs or anything?

Thumbs are cached by Kodi, most of the rest is cached by us. And yes, it gets very faster.

(2020-09-06, 14:55)Utter Wrote: Yes, I have the same issue. It seems an almost trivial act to trigger Amazon's 'unusual sign-in' response, particularly if you use a VPN.

Did you find a solution at all?

It might be quite the problem for us because some of these issues require a JS interpreter which MechanicalSoup doesn't have. There are multiple ways to fix this, including logging in a browser and then copying the cookies manually into the addon file.

(2020-09-11, 06:05)picard12 Wrote: I have some problems. When I try to access my series list, the plugin fails. vod 8.8 leila

Not enough info, especially without logs. Open an issue on GitHub and provide info and logs if you need help.

(2020-09-11, 11:23)Airw0lf_ Wrote: Does anyone know how to get the add-on to play the next episode in a season of a TV series automatically? Or is there a general Kodi setting I can use?

There's a Kodi function, instead of pressing OK/Enter, open the contextual menu (via right mouse button, contextual menu key or through a remote button) and select "Play from here".

(2020-09-11, 14:44)markeymark Wrote: If i have Prime USA with Showtime/HBO channels, will this add on get me them or just the VOD?

We support live channels, but I'm not sure of the specifics for USA.
(2020-09-16, 12:07)Varstahl Wrote:
(2020-08-29, 22:59)heysoundude Wrote: I tried for both the leia and the matrix zips, same message both times.

Those are repos zips, not addons. You need to select the .zip while adding a new repository. After that you can download the addons from the repos.
Note: make sure you select leia for Kodi 18 or matrix for Kodi 19, or there'll be hell to pay in cleaning up.

In Terminal, it's just a wget with the full URL for the version-specific zip file, is it not?
You go here, wget the appropriate repo somewhere, then on Kodi go to Addons, install from zip, select the repo zip file you downloaded, and that should install the repo on Kodi. Then you should find Sandmann79's repo in the list along with the official one, and install Amazon VOD from there.
Just to let people no that the Amazon VOD addon no longer works correctly with Sony Android TV KD-49XH9505 after the TV updated. Video playback is in HD but has blocking Artifacts and audio sync issues every time the Artifacts happen, the problem is on all resolutions . Video playback had no problems before the update of the tv.  Sony Support is no help at all stating it is  a 3rd party app and not there problem even if it was all working correctly before the TV updated. Also the Netflix addon no longer played HD content only SD.
Whatever happened to good ol' "if it's not broken, don't fix it" (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Hello,

Do any of you have access to 4K format on an android box Widevine L1 certifcated, in my case a Shield TV 2019 pro ?

I've tried Kodi 18 Leia, and Kodi 19 matrix (nighly build of september 12th) and I've access to 1080p only...

I've read all the thread but I couldn't find a clear answer.

Netflix and Disney work well in 4K.
One of the two: enable "Bypass HDCP" in InputStream.Adaptive, or download and setup playback to use the native app.
(2020-09-17, 20:37)Varstahl Wrote: One of the two: enable "Bypass HDCP" in InputStream.Adaptive, or download and setup playback to use the native app.

Bypass HDCP is ticked and let me have 1080p instead of 720p but no 4K.

Use amazon app give me a black screen
(2020-09-17, 22:51)Tedkiller Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 20:37)Varstahl Wrote: One of the two: enable "Bypass HDCP" in InputStream.Adaptive, or download and setup playback to use the native app.

It stopped being possible to get 4k in the Kodi addon on the Shield some time ago. Not sure why. 1080 is the most you can get now, but at least you get proper audio (unlike the 'proper' Amazon app which only outputs stereo on the Shield). But you should be able to get the Amazon app working for 4k content (just with stereo). Basically Amazon on the Shield is a PITA these days - I have to use the TV's native app, and put up with their crap interface.
(2020-09-19, 17:41)rob_l12 Wrote:
(2020-09-17, 22:51)Tedkiller Wrote:

It stopped being possible to get 4k in the Kodi addon on the Shield some time ago. Not sure why. 1080 is the most you can get now, but at least you get proper audio (unlike the 'proper' Amazon app which only outputs stereo on the Shield). But you should be able to get the Amazon app working for 4k content (just with stereo). Basically Amazon on the Shield is a PITA these days - I have to use the TV's native app, and put up with their crap interface.
Thanks for your feedback, I was going nuts trying to get 4K and focusing on the video, I didn't notice the stereo issue with the native crappy app. what a shame.

Old fashion way of downloading the full cracked stream seems to still be the easier way to get 4K and proper audio ! (but losing the HDR metadata). At the end there is no way to have the 4K HDR with proper audio...

My end goal of using the kodi plugin is to be able to position the subs higher than bottom of the screen (using the calibration options) because I'm using a 2.40:1 screen with a projector. It's working great for my own medias and for others streaming services like Netflix and Disney.
Hi Varstahl,
do you believe the new efforts on enabling TMZ capability in the amdgpu driver will bring some hope to play content at 720p+ on Linux systems?

Link: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=n...-HDCP-2020
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2