• 33(current)
Release Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]
(2020-09-19, 18:31)Tedkiller Wrote: Thanks for your feedback, I was going nuts trying to get 4K and focusing on the video, I didn't notice the stereo issue with the native crappy app. what a shame.

Huh, interesting... I've had a number of updates to the official Amazon app on my Shield recently, but today they appear to have finally released an update that's fixed it! Got 5.1 audio back again! Nothing in the changelog, but I've just tested it and it's working.
Hi.
I noticed that the show "the boys" is not updating its episode list normally this week, the S02E05 was released two days ago and it's on the site and app, but on the addon it just shows up to episode 4 (this one was on the list the same day as it got released).
Is this happening to others? Is there a way to force an update? I already tried to update the addon itself, disable/enable but stays the same.

I use the addon on kodi in a raspberry pi 3B.
I didn't found anyone with this problem here on the forums or outside.
(2020-09-19, 17:41)rob_l12 Wrote: It stopped being possible to get 4k in the Kodi addon on the Shield some time ago. Not sure why. 1080 is the most you can get now, but at least you get proper audio (unlike the 'proper' Amazon app which only outputs stereo on the Shield). But you should be able to get the Amazon app working for 4k content (just with stereo). Basically Amazon on the Shield is a PITA these days - I have to use the TV's native app, and put up with their crap interface.

Ah, didn't know they fucked Shield too. They just can't let us have shiny toys.

(2020-09-20, 00:57)notgoo Wrote: do you believe the new efforts on enabling TMZ capability in the amdgpu driver will bring some hope to play content at 720p+ on Linux systems?

I'm afraid not, as I'm reading this TMZ has to be coupled with HDCP, and Kodi will never be certified for HDCP I'm afraid, nor VMP, so yeah… remains to be seen, but I doubt it.

(2020-09-20, 20:42)Pharazon Wrote: Is this happening to others? Is there a way to force an update? I already tried to update the addon itself, disable/enable but stays the same.

The addon uses aggressive caching, since most of the series come out in bulk. For the few seasons where this doesn't happen, you can right click (or use the contextual menù via keyboard or remote) and select "Refresh". That will add the new episodes to the list.
Quote: The addon uses aggressive caching, since most of the series come out in bulk. For the few seasons where this doesn't happen, you can right click (or use the contextual menù via keyboard or remote) and select "Refresh". That will add the new episodes to the list.

The refresh worked. I didn't knew that this option worked like that.
Thanks for the info.
The refresh is multi-functional and generally means "forget the cache, scrape everything anew", based on the context. The closest you go to the navigation root, the deeper it scans. But, generally, it's most useful to refresh single seasons.
(2020-09-20, 18:33)rob_l12 Wrote:
(2020-09-19, 18:31)Tedkiller Wrote: Thanks for your feedback, I was going nuts trying to get 4K and focusing on the video, I didn't notice the stereo issue with the native crappy app. what a shame.

Huh, interesting... I've had a number of updates to the official Amazon app on my Shield recently, but today they appear to have finally released an update that's fixed it! Got 5.1 audio back again! Nothing in the changelog, but I've just tested it and it's working.

And then... another update today, and they've taken it away again! grrrrr

If only I'd backed up the APK before updating Undecided
They giveth by mishap, and then they taketh away… Does Shield have private apk repo mirrors, like the many available on android devices? Stuff like apkpure, they keep revisions. Found an Nvidia Shield TV apk page in there, not sure if that's what you have, but you might try it.
Since a few days ago, if I enter the my series menu or try to search for an on going series, I get an error and doesn't work. It worked until now though, and the log doesn't give much information about the error....
Feel free to post a new issue on github, links in the first post. If you're an amazon.tld user (DE/JP/UK/US) then Amazon changed something on their backends, so the only way to watch content is to add to the watchlist via browser and then access it from there inside Kodi.
I'm brand new to all of this. I have a Pi with latest certain OSMC. Everything looks like it works on again and I can see all of my content. I received no errors during install. However, when clicking any of my purchased movies, it shows the little "gonna play" details in the upper right corner as if it's going to do a thing, but then no thing is done. Not sure if this is just user error or worth a github issue report?

Thanks!
(2020-10-01, 13:14)orion_134 Wrote: I'm brand new to all of this. I have a Pi with latest certain OSMC. Everything looks like it works on again and I can see all of my content. I received no errors during install. However, when clicking any of my purchased movies, it shows the little "gonna play" details in the upper right corner as if it's going to do a thing, but then no thing is done. Not sure if this is just user error or worth a github issue report?

Thanks!

Apparently this is a widevine/inputstreamhelper issue as it's failing to load the drm file in the logs:/ I reinstalled to no avail.
I've said this time and again, and at the cost of being flamed I'll say it once more: replace OSMC with LibreElec. It just works! Insert Todd Howard picture here…
(2020-10-01, 14:05)Varstahl Wrote: I've said this time and again, and at the cost of being flamed I'll say it once more: replace OSMC with LibreElec. It just works! Insert Todd Howard picture here…
The website says it's only for RP4? Mine is olderSad
You can find RPi1 and RPi2 support (and more) in their download page. I've got it working on a Banana Pi as well. Also, there's their new build finder here.
Is this add on set to work with kodi 19 yet?
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon VOD [plugin.video.amazon[vod|-test]]2