• 30(current)
Release A Confluence ZEITGEIST [ 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega ]
(2020-02-14, 16:44)axbmcuser Wrote: Leia version now online

4.4.0 (2020-02-14)
4.3.9 (2020-02-14)
- Reworked all main menu icons for higher quality (Now supporting native 2160p icons if 4K system resolution is detected)
- Reworked font sizes for multiple sections (home screen, favorites dialog, shutdown dialog, search dialog, videoinfo dialog) (Improved/larger fonts)
- Added SkinSettings option to hide movie file name in DialogVideoInfo
- Added new lightweight dependency for DialogVideoInfo mood backgrounds: service.listitem.helper
- Other improvements
- Version now in sync with Krypton skin version 3.3.9

Edit1: Just noticed that there are still some small changes missing from the Krypton version. Will port them over later on. Sry
Edit2: Fixed
Using Leia 18.6
Just wanted to mention that yours is the only skin I have found that has A nice concise horizontal home menu that I enjoy very much. Without all of the extra clutter making it hard on the eyes , and to navigate.
So thanks for that.
Also: as of this update I have noticed that when accessing Videos->Files->TV Shows , and right clicking on any of the shows that are in there(in my case using 3x9 as the view) it used to show "Information" at the top of the box of any of the shows that were already in the library, and missing that "Information" from the ones that had not been correctly scraped into the library. That  "Information" button is no longer there when right clicking any of the shows...
it does show up when directly accessing TV Shows and right clicking but that does not allow me to do a quick "Change Content" for those shows that need to have their scraper changed to be added into the library.
As it was the only way I had to tell if the show/movie was in the library or not , and change the scraper when needed,  I am missing it greatly. Not sure how or why it may have gone missing, but it is not there, even for the shows that are in the library.
And finally: just a wish thing.... when using the default kodi skin I noticed there was an overlay at the bottom of the Show posters on the TV Show poster view (2x7 I think) that showed a little eye and an x/x showing watched vs total for that show. Is there any way to add that to your views? It makes it very convenient to tell what has and has not been watched.
Thanks for the Skin!! it is Greatly appreciated on my part.
kallita
Question about listitem.helper

I remember reading that you created listitem.helper to make it faster than skinhelper and keeping the functionality that you decided to use in this skin.

Did you keep all the ratings in your helper and just decided to not display them in dialogvideoinfo? For example: tmdb, tvdb, imdb top 250 for movies / tvshows and critic consensus. If you did keep these in your helper can you share what is the property that displays this info.

Would you consider adding them if they don't slow down your helper?

Thanks in advance
Just updated to the v19 29/06 nightly build and now Confluence Zeitgeist has been disabled, are you still developing this and if you are will you be bringing a fix soon, CZ is the only skin worth using IMO. Estuary is  not user friendly like CZ is. Thanks for your work and I look forward to using it again soon.
Due to Matrix only allowing Python 3 addons an skin API bump has been recently done so only skins submitted to the Matrix repo can run, this has been done as many skins rely on helper scripts that still use Python 2 and so will not work on v19 Matrix, this affects all skins used in conjunction with v19 whether in the repo or not, however it's simple to correct. To re-enable Zeitgeist you will need to locate the addon.xml and make sure the follow line specifies version="5.15.0" to work on v19.

xml:
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Note - that if you do this and Zeitgeist does use Python 2 scripts then things may not work properly, however if you've already been using Zeitgeist with recent builds of v19 then you should be ok.
(2020-07-01, 14:42)jjd-uk Wrote: Due to Matrix only allowing Python 3 addons an skin API bump has been recently done so only skins submitted to the Matrix repo can run, this has been done as many skins rely on helper scripts that still use Python 2 and so will not work on v19 Matrix, this affects all skins used in conjunction with v19 whether in the repo or not, however it's simple to correct. To re-enable Zeitgeist you will need to locate the addon.xml and make sure the follow line specifies version="5.15.0" to work on v19.

xml:
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Note - that if you do this and Zeitgeist does use Python 2 scripts then things may not work properly, however if you've already been using Zeitgeist with recent builds of v19 then you should be ok.
Hi thanks for your reply and many thanks for the heads up to get CZ working again!
I am really impressed in the few days I have been using this skin.
I have read the odd mention of something called Bettergui 2030 build.
Is this something I should have?
Sorry I am not that technical.
Is there a way to show "in progress" movies on the home screen of movies instead of "recently added" movies?
hi. i have been using the Confluence ZEITGEIST skin for the longest time on kodi 16 jarvis and recently upgraded my android box and am now running on kodi 18.5 leia. so glad to know that this skin is still being maintained and remains the best "no frills" skin out there! Smile

there is one difference i've noticed on kodi 18 which is the "Buffering %" display. if video playback halts due to buffering, the old version used to automatically display the mini video controller pop up on the top right, along with the "Buffering %" to show how far along the video buffering is moving. this is extremely useful and i'm not sure why this feature has disappeared. i haven't found any mention about this issue anywhere on this forum or on reddit so i'm not sure if others are experiencing the same thing.

would love to know how to "enable" the Buffering % again. Smile

oh, and since i already started a post. a very minor preference. is there any way to put the Favourites icon back at the bottom (or top) of the screen next to the Power button. i find it easier to access as it was always a down click away from the menu. i tried disabling Favourites from the menu bar but then it just disappears altogether. 

thanks for the great work with this skin!
@Sumanyu
No, such an option is not planned at this point. I'll keep it in mind...

@altern8tube
Quote:there is one difference i've noticed on kodi 18 which is the "Buffering %" display.
The KODI 18 skin version still is just a quick "beta version" at the moment. All our custom setups stay at KODI 17 for the foreseeable future, so the KODI 17 skin version is the most supported.
I promise to have a look at the KODI 18 version and the mentioned buffering-info as soon as circumstances allow. Cool
Quote:a very minor preference. is there any way to put the Favourites icon back at the bottom (or top) of the screen next to the Power button.
This option has been removed after much consideration. It's not planned to be changed to the old option/way again, i'm afraid. :<
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
@axbmcuser thanks so much for replying! 

the buffering % issue is the only important thing that's missing for me in kodi 18. i've tried other kodi skins but confluence (particularly ZEITGEIST) remains THE BEST!

looking forward to the 18 update. your work is much appreciated sir! Smile
(2020-09-21, 11:37)altern8tube Wrote: @axbmcuser the buffering % issue is the only important thing that's missing for me in kodi 18 Smile

Quick question - answer would be helpful: How does this mentioned buffering indicator look in Original Confluence on KODI 17 compared to Original Confluence on KODI 18? Is it present and identical in both cases? Thanks! Smile
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2020-09-21, 16:56)axbmcuser Wrote:
(2020-09-21, 11:37)altern8tube Wrote: @axbmcuser the buffering % issue is the only important thing that's missing for me in kodi 18 Smile

Quick question - answer would be helpful: How does this mentioned buffering indicator look in Original Confluence on KODI 17 compared to Original Confluence on KODI 18? Is it present and identical in both cases? Thanks! Smile
i have not used kodi 17 before. i jumped straight from 16 to 18. i did try using the original confluence skin in 18 and as far as i could tell, the buffering % is not displayed either. 

hope this helps.
Since i just started using KODI 18 on a secondary device, i'm happy to report that i will update the KODI 18 version of the skin to match the changes of the KODI 17 version in (hopefully) near-ish future.
New versions online:

Krypton
3.4.7 (2020-11-04)
3.4.6 (2020-11-04)
- Some more tweaking regarding larger fonts (Including: Full with list view)
- Visually optimized SideBlade
- Other improvements

Leia
4.4.4 (2020-11-04)
4.4.3 (2020-11-04)
- Some more tweaking regarding larger fonts (Including: Full with list view)
- Visually optimized SideBlade
- Other improvements

(2020-03-02)
- Other improvements

(2020-03-02)
- Skin settings: New option
- - General settings -> Trailer Search method: Kodi YouTube Add-on / Open in Default Web Browser
- Other improvements

(2020-02-29)
- Updated language strings (Including: Strangely named "Working..." renamed to "Loading...")
- Skin settings: New option
- - General settings -> views and visual options
- - -> "Show mouse control buttons if mouse input enabled   (Default: Disabled)"
- Other improvements

(2020-02-22)
- Some more tweaking regarding larger fonts
- Other improvements

- (In sync with Krypton skin version 3.4.6)
@axbmcuser thanks for your continued work on my favourite Kodi skin! Smile

any luck getting the "buffering %" indicator to work on Kodi 18? i just tested and noticed it's still not showing. 

also, i noticed that the default view type is now "Big List" instead of "List". is there anyway to set the default back to "List"?

thanks again and appreciate all that you do!
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A Confluence ZEITGEIST [ 17 Krypton | 18 Leia | 19 Matrix | 20 Nexus | 21 Omega ]9