Movie scrapers not pulling keywords as tags
Hi all,

I discovered just recently that both Universal Movie Scraper, and the python version of The Movie Database scraper, can pull keywords as tags for my movies. I've enabled it for both.

This isn't having any effect though. Will updating my library be enough to activate this feature? Or do I have to do something else?

Thanks!
@Andarras

Just enabling a setting will not change what is already in your library. It affects the scraping that occurs after the setting was enabled. And make sure you changed the setting on your Source, not in Add-ons.

If you want tags, then you need to rescrape your library.

Another member just did the same thing and he ended up with over 4000 tags. Make sure that is what you want as, personally, I think that is excessive... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2978390
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-09-28, 08:43)Karellen Wrote: @Andarras

Just enabling a setting will not change what is already in your library. It affects the scraping that occurs after the setting was enabled. And make sure you changed the setting on your Source, not in Add-ons.

If you want tags, then you need to rescrape your library.

Another member just did the same thing and he ended up with over 4000 tags. Make sure that is what you want as, personally, I think that is excessive... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2978390
Thanks! I did update my movie library after changing it, but I didn't know there was also a setting in the Source.

I figured the number would be excessive, but over time I will delete any that are absolutely useless. I'm also going to add a symbol to the front of the major ones so they sort at the top. Sometimes I want to watch a specific type of movie such as coming of age, inspirational, etc, really depends on the mood.
(2020-09-28, 10:44)Andarras Wrote: Thanks! I did update my movie library after changing it, but I didn't know there was also a setting in the Source.
Yep, that trips up a lot of people. The settings in add-ons sets the Default settings. For example, a Russian user does not want all the English defaults. Any change here has no effect on existing sources.
Settings at the Source via context menu> Change content or when creating a new Source affect that particular Source.

(2020-09-28, 10:44)Andarras Wrote: I'm also going to add a symbol to the front of the major ones so they sort at the top.
How will you do that? You can't rename a tag. You need to create a new one, then add the movies into the new tag.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Andarras

Oh, just remembered. There is a bug in Tags and you cannot delete a tag. The Remove from library option is broken from v17 and later. Use the Remove Movies option and remove all movies from the tag instead.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_library_tags
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie scrapers not pulling keywords as tags0