• 13(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
(2020-09-20, 16:32)Tedkiller Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 15:59)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-09-20, 15:22)ontap Wrote: Am looking at the Advancedsettings wiki page , but can't see an example of the text set up for updating library artwork , could you elaborate please ?

OK... follow this steps:

1. go to your Kodi profile directory:
C:\Users\YOUR_NAME_HERE\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

2. right click and choose "new text document"

3. copy and paste the text from this advancedsettings.xml file.

4. go to "file" menu and choose "save as".  At the bottom, "save as type" change it to "all files" and name the documente: advancesettings.xml

5. erase "new text document.txt"

6. make a copy and save it in the cloud or some cold storage in case you make another installation. Now, whenever you make a new installation, just paste this file and everything will be automated.

Notes:

It loads all artwork when it "reads" from sources. So, if you make a change, lets say a new poster or fanart of something already in your library, you have to go to that item and make a manual "refresh" to allow the changes.

For first time I would suggest you make a "backup" of your Kodi installation and then go to your sources, change content to "nothing", clear library.
Then re-set content to your sources and let Kodi update your library ... this time all your artwork will be there...

... any other doubt drop the line...

This advancedsettings tip is really a nice thing to know ! thanks a lot for it.

Does it work when artworks are named with the movie name  ?

For example : movie-logo.png

Check the advancedsettings wiki... I am not sure... As far as I know, it does not work.
thanks for your answer, I did a little research and apparently it does work with the long filename format : 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=337089
(2020-09-19, 10:39)Mr. V Wrote: New update on github
  • Reworked media flags
  • For the resolution flag, if you have ‘remux’ in the filename it will override the resolution
  • For the video codec flag it will override with;
    1. ListItem.VideoResolution = 4k or the Filename contains UHD – 4k.png
    2. ListItem.IsStereoscopic or the filename contains 3D – bluray3d.png
    3. Filename contains pdtv, sdtv or sd tv – sdtv.png
    4. Filename contains hdtv or hd tv – hdtv.png
    5. Filename contains hddvd or hd-dvd – hddvd.png
    6. Filename contains bluray or blu-ray or bdrip or brrip or file extension is bdmv  – bluray.png
    7. Filename contains web-dl or webdl or webrip – webdl.png
    8. Filename contains dvd or file extension contains iso or ifo – dvd.png
    9. If nothing matches above it will show the video codec.
  • Re-worked flags. Removed obsolescent, added more and improved some.
  • Actors should load instantly when opening the video info dialog.
  • Changed actor info movies/tvshows in dialog video info. Press up to show movies/tv shows by actor. If you enable’ TMDb actor info’ in settings the on up action will open a new window with online information relating to the actor.
  • Fix for home screen widget when now playing info is disabled
  • Switched to TMDb Helper content for next aired widget and custom next aired window, instead of 7 days it shows the next 365 days of next aired info.
  • RSS feed – Text and title colour changed to highlight colour.

@Tedkiller 
Thanks for your suggestions. Replacing the video codec flag seems like the best method as there is no space for additional flags. See above for how it works. If you have remux in the filename, i thought is was best to replace the resolution with 'remux'. You will still see SD, HD or 4K with remux below if it is in the filename. Let me know if you have any ideas on how i can improve on this.

@Fietspomp 
You can post here for feature requests or on github. Although i prefer github.
Changed the RSS feed colors. The skin highlight color is the same as the feed title and separator colors.

@Edworld
Changed the way actors loads It should be instant and not show the actors from the prior movie for a brief second.
Awesome work!

Will post any other issues/feature requests on Github. Makes for easier tracking I suppose.
(2020-09-20, 07:33)guandms Wrote: A few things that I couldn't fix.

Artwork Beef doesn't update the Movie set.
The music artist logo does not update from my local library for some reason, where do I configure it?
I can't find any Movie/ TV Show view for Clearart.
Can you please help me with my issues?

(2020-09-20, 14:53)lynxstrike Wrote: About Arwork Beef... may I suggest you could use advancesettings.xml . You will never have to use separate process to update your library and artwork.
Check it out, and if you need help making the change drop me a line...

About the missing views... the skin is in the "alpha" stage of development, meaning it's a work in progress. If none of the currently available views work for you, make a "feature request" to @Mr. V so if it is possible he schedule it in the development.

@guandms @lynxstrike 
Also if you are using artwork beef check the settings. For each area 'Automatically add artwork type from web and file system'.

For the views. I have no plans to add any more.
There are serveral view that support clear art. 'Cover Flow Landscape', 'Icon Landscape', 'Icon info landscape' and 'Wall Landscape'. By defualt they show the landscape image, Under 'view options' change the artwork type to clear art.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-09-20, 01:19)Edworld Wrote: Mr. V,
I switched to estuary and the actors are there when I click on the movie. It would help to see if I am the only one with the actor issue...
I have changed the artwork from a variable to ‘ListItem.Thumb’. That was the only difference I could see in the code between this skin and embuary. If it is still not working a debug log would be great to see if something is not quite right.
@meowmoo has reported it is working. Also, I installed the update on a very slow household TCL android tv.

(2020-09-20, 16:28)Tedkiller Wrote: Wouah ! exellent work ! love the new logos !
adding remux on the video resolution flag is a wonderful idea and works great.
Because I'm using the cases, having the source png instead of the video codec is a bit redundant for me (so I removed thoses lines to have only the codec infos), but for those that do not use cases, I guess it's great !
FYI, I had to add a h265.png in the videocodec folder and also a dts_es.png in the audio codec folder.
Also, I needed to do a few changes for the showcases because 3d.png was not called correctly : You may need to change the showcasecases lines (in Includes_ViewsVariables.xml) in order to add 3d in the filename like you did on the source flag (videocodec).
@Tedkiller 
Thanks for the detailed info. It helps a lot.
I have added an option for source flags. Default is off. ‘Skin Settings/Artwork/Media Flags’ if you would like to override the videocodec flag.
Also added h265.png and dts_es.png flags. Showcase variables are updated for 3d movies.

@All
Some other updates;
  • Updated animations for video/music info
  • Changed aspect ratio of some icons. The image is now stretched instead of scaled. So the text of the icons should not be cut off if you don’t have a perfect 16:9 resolution.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
I have a strange bug with the Picture Slideshow Screensaver.
I've set it to display Video Fanart and that works fine.
However I also activated "Display filename".
But the filename doesn't show with this skin, it does with other skins (Aeon Madnox and Esturary).

I'll also post this in the Picture Slideshow Screensaver topic as I'm not sure where to start debugging.

Anybody else also having this issue?
@Fietspomp  @Mr. V the skin is missing a font13 definition in Font.xml
this font is used by Kodi as the default fallback font (mostly needed for scripts that create their own gui).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2020-09-23, 00:44)ronie Wrote: @Fietspomp  @Mr. V the skin is missing a font13 definition in Font.xml
this font is used by Kodi as the default fallback font (mostly needed for scripts that create their own gui).

Yes that's it!
Made an issue on github for this skin, adding font13 to the Font.xml makes it work properly!
I may be asking too much, but Im hoping this will eventually have more views so I can recreate my current madnox setup and finally upgrade from krypton.  Are you planning to eventually add all the views and customizations from the current madnox with this recode?

Wall Episode view:

Info view with poster and clearart 

The Wall Large view for films/TV shows/series/playlist results

(2020-09-23, 00:44)ronie Wrote: @Fietspomp @Mr. V the skin is missing a font13 definition in Font.xml

@ronie
Thanks for the info. I had no idea it was required.

@Fietspomp
Thanks for the github issue. I will add it in next update.

(2020-09-25, 00:56)ThorC1138 Wrote: I may be asking too much, but Im hoping this will eventually have more views so I can recreate my current madnox setup and finally upgrade from krypton. Are you planning to eventually add all the views and customizations from the current madnox with this recode?

Wall Episode view:

Info view with poster and clearart

The Wall Large view for films/TV shows/series/playlist results

You’re not asking too much. Feedback/feature requests are great. For the feature requests I may or may not add it, but will try to get back to you with some sort of explanation.

In regards to Madnox 1.0 vs 2.0;
I have no plans to add every feature that 1.0 had.
Although I mention re-code it is also a re-design. The re-design is to keep it familiar to 1.0 but feature rich and easier to use than 1.0, with new options and some of the old.
The skin is designed with theme, colour and background selection in mind. Not sure if the Kodi community is aware that is the intent to get the skin looking how you want. So, if something is not quite right the colour theme selection is something I will more likely change than a media view or options.

For wall episode views;
Yes. Using the current movie/tvshow landscape views I will enable this to be selected for episodes. Also need to add labels for the episode thumb. Added to the to-do list.
https://github.com/mistervee/skin.madnox/issues/45

For info view poster/clearart;
Now playing info shows the logo next to the now playing poster if enabled. If you have ‘show information’ ‘on info’ you will see the clear logo when you pause or step forward back ect. If you have ‘show information’ ‘persistent’ you will see only the logo. It was intentional to only show the cast or description on the right. No plans on changing this.

For the Wall Large view for films/TV shows/series/playlist results;
My implementation is Wall/poster view with three different sizes of posters without the floor texture. Any thoughts on how I could improve the view?
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-09-07, 02:28)Mr. V Wrote: Hi all,
Thanks for the positive comments and great feedback. Wish I could respond quicker to your comments, rather busy with life atm, so you may see only weekly replies and github updates. I will try my best to reply to every post. If I do miss something you have posted, feel free to give you question a bump.

I have a to do list on github, that I will add to as new features or bugs pop up. It is to keep track of what needs to be done before a submission to Kodi repo.
https://github.com/mistervee/skin.madnox/issues/45

New update of github;
  • Add fallback for landscape library artwork and widgets @zeroq 
  • Add landscape option to widgets (portrait, square and landscape icon selection only show the poster and will fallback to the icon) @ThorC1138 
  • Fix for dts-x ,atmos mediaflags and added coloured images (filename must contain ‘dtsx’, dts-x’ or atmos) Note: the atmos logo takes preference over dts-x icon @Dimetrixdemon  @Tedkiller @Edworld 
  • Add option for HDR/SDR, 8bit, 10bit, 12bit media flags (enable in skin settings/artwork/mediaflags or ‘view options’ under ‘Global’) for the flags to show the file name must contain HDR, 10bit, 10-bit ect.
  • Poster wall view – there are now three option for the icon size @ThorC1138 
  • Fixed showcase view discart when fallback option is set to none @Edworld 
Wow, big THANKS, gonna test it.
Spent hours trying to find where to turn off background fanart on home screen , doing my head in.
Best I can do is choose dark overlay on backgounds.
(2020-10-02, 10:09)ontap Wrote: Spent hours trying to find where to turn off background fanart on home screen , doing my head in.

To turn off fanarts on HOME SCREEN follow this steps:

1. Settings
2. Interface Settings
3. Configure Skin
4. General
5. Main Menu, Edit
6. Choose the Main Menu Section you want to turn off background
7. Select Background, Select "NONE"
8. Enjoy...!
(2020-10-02, 17:35)lynxstrike Wrote:
(2020-10-02, 10:09)ontap Wrote: Spent hours trying to find where to turn off background fanart on home screen , doing my head in.

1. Settings
2. Interface Settings
3. Configure Skin
4. General
5. Main Menu, Edit
8. Enjoy...!

Thanks for answer but that doesn't work. If I set, for example background in movies main menu to none, when I push up and highlight a widget , the fanart shows. I specifically wanted to turn off fanart and add my own background to each menu item , but even if I set a path to my own image , yes it works but as soon as I highlight a widget same thing happens. When setting a widget , there's no option to turn off widget fanart.
(2020-10-02, 20:18)ontap Wrote:
(2020-10-02, 17:35)lynxstrike Wrote:

1. Settings
2. Interface Settings
3. Configure Skin
4. General
5. Main Menu, Edit
8. Enjoy...!

Thanks for answer but that doesn't work. If I set, for example background in movies main menu to none, when I push up and highlight a widget , the fanart shows. I specifically wanted to turn off fanart and add my own background to each menu item , but even if I set a path to my own image , yes it works but as soon as I highlight a widget same thing happens. When setting a widget , there's no option to turn off widget fanart.

@ontap 
Added a new option to disable widget fanart. Open the home screen menu, info/widgets.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4