Channels Do Not Play, Or Attempt To play
Using Kodi 18.7
IPTV Simple Client 3.8.8
Raspberry PI 3

Title covers it mostly. I have the M3U list and XML loading and it shows up just fine. But when I click on the channel to play it nothing happens.

If I turn on debugging and tail the log it records the button press, but nothing else happens. No failed URL or attempts at doing anything with CURL

I can load the M3U list into other programs like TV Guide FullScreen  but I don't think it is being maintained and was hoping to use the more integrated PVR.
Can you supply a full debug log?

If you don’t know how there are details in my signature.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-10-03, 21:46)phunkyfish Wrote: Can you supply a full debug log?

If you don’t know how there are details in my signature.

Thanks, I figured it out, my m3u did not have all the tags

It had looked like 
Quote:#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1, Stream
http://stream.url

Once I changed it to
Quote:#EXTM3U
#EXT-X-STREAM-INFTongueROGRAM-ID=1,BANDWIDTH=572723"
http://stream.url
The first one should work. The second one is usually the content of the m3u8 supplied int be first one.

I.e. the first one signifies a channel. The second is for the stream and can support many bandwidths.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
(2020-10-05, 00:03)phunkyfish Wrote: The first one should work. The second one is usually the content of the m3u8 supplied int be first one.

I.e. the first one signifies a channel. The second is for the stream and can support many bandwidths.

Cool, Yeah I'm not sure if they are "streams" or channels, they worked when launch from a .strm file or using TV Guide Fullscreen, but didn't launch from IPTV Simple Client until I added that second bit. I'm building my own streams that are scraps of free online services so there's a lot that can go wrong, just glad it's working now with the builtin guide / PVR. It so much faster.
(2020-10-05, 05:07)hattmall Wrote:  I'm building my own streams that are scraps of free online services so there's a lot that can go wrong, just glad it's working now with the builtin guide / PVR. It so much faster.
I am doing the same.  Amazing how many free and legal sources there are now, like open source software it's the way to go.  I sent you a PM.
(2020-10-03, 10:27)hattmall Wrote: Using Kodi 18.7
IPTV Simple Client 3.8.8
Raspberry PI 3

Title covers it mostly. I have the M3U list and XML loading and it shows up just fine. But when I click on the channel to play it nothing happens.

If I turn on debugging and tail the log it records the button press, but nothing else happens. No failed URL or attempts at doing anything with CURL

I can load the M3U list into other programs like TV Guide FullScreen  but I don't think it is being maintained and was hoping to use the more integrated PVR.

Try reverting back to IPTV Simple Client 3.8.6.1  

It will work.  Any version after that is broken on RPi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channels Do Not Play, Or Attempt To play0