How can I achieve this if possible
What I would like to do is have a playlist for an individual artist, sort the most popular songs out over the collection of artist albums.
(2020-10-06, 01:30)Harro Wrote: sort the most popular songs
How do you define the criteria for "most popular songs"?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-06, 01:37)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-06, 01:30)Harro Wrote: sort the most popular songs
How do you define the criteria for "most popular songs"?
That's just it. I made a playlist for Cat Stevens (3 albums), first tried sorting by rating, which didn't do a thing. Next I sorted by my rating and gave to rate all the most popular songs, and that worked. I have over 20 Beatles albums so looking at an easier solution.  In my office I have plex installed and clicking artist will sort by most popular songs. At home Kodi so looking to duplicate that plex list for popular songs

EX....
Create the playlists with plex?
So Plex gives you some random  songs and calls them "popular", and you want Kodi to do the same? No idea what criteria Plex uses, so no way to tell you how to reproduce it.

Popular could be rating based, or playcount or a combination of those weighted in some way.... or Plex could connect to some remote site that has a global popularity value for songs.
(2020-10-06, 09:16)DaveBlake Wrote: So Plex gives you some random  songs and calls them "popular", and you want Kodi to do the same? No idea what criteria Plex uses, so no way to tell you how to reproduce it.

Popular could be rating based, or playcount or a combination of those weighted in some way.... or Plex could connect to some remote site that has a global popularity value for songs.

I am not sure how plex goes about the listing of the songs, but don't think it is random, but from your reply I guess the best way was how I approached it to start, with myratings sort. I was just hoping there was a site I could scrape for ratings and or popularity of songs by artist. I am open to trying other options in Kodi just am not sure what those are. This feature in plex is the only feature I found that I like better than what I can do in Kodi.
use the gui to create a smart playlist select the artist and sort by playcount descending (this will be your most popular tracks)

you should end up with something like this

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="songs">
    <name>Beatles</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="artist" operator="contains">
        <value>Beatles</value>
    </rule>
    <order direction="descending">playcount</order>
</smartplaylist>

you could also limit to first 50 or whatever
(2020-10-11, 19:13)tkgafs Wrote: use the gui to create a smart playlist select the artist and sort by playcount descending (this will be your most popular tracks)

<name>Beatles</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>Beatles</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

Thanks for that. But if a person added new albums, there wouldn't be any play count yet. So plex must be getting popular songs from some site.
(2020-10-11, 19:21)Harro Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 19:13)tkgafs Wrote: use the gui to create a smart playlist select the artist and sort by playcount descending (this will be your most popular tracks)

<name>Beatles</name>
    <match>all</match>
        <value>Beatles</value>
    </rule>
</smartplaylist>

Thanks for that. But if a person added new albums, there wouldn't be any play count yet. So plex must be getting popular songs from some site.
yes but they are your most popular songs. As you play newly added albums, then those tracks playcount will increase so in time if you play an album a lot it will progress up this smart playlist. Conversly if you only ever use the smart playlist to play an artist then yes newly added albums will tend to remain at the bottom as they'll never get played.
I think Plex uses rating from last.fm and the like

I use plex to play my music collection on alexa, but to be honest I find plex incredibly frustrating as it doesnt store things like genre at a track level and only applies it album level
I only use plex in my office but at home it is strictly Kodi. I run a plex server on my NAS for my family and friends. Kodi by far has a better interface and a lot more options I like.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I achieve this if possible0