• 14(current)
Release Madnox (Leia)
(2020-10-03, 09:07)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-10-02, 20:18)ontap Wrote:
(2020-10-02, 17:35)lynxstrike Wrote: To turn off fanarts on HOME SCREEN follow this steps:

1. Settings
2. Interface Settings
3. Configure Skin
4. General
5. Main Menu, Edit
6. Choose the Main Menu Section you want to turn off background
7. Select Background, Select "NONE"
8. Enjoy...!

Thanks for answer but that doesn't work. If I set, for example background in movies main menu to none, when I push up and highlight a widget , the fanart shows. I specifically wanted to turn off fanart and add my own background to each menu item , but even if I set a path to my own image , yes it works but as soon as I highlight a widget same thing happens. When setting a widget , there's no option to turn off widget fanart.

@ontap 
Added a new option to disable widget fanart. Open the home screen menu, info/widgets.
Thankyou.
Just wanted to say thanks for a great skin and ask a few things.  Would it be possible to add a larger image preview when selecting artwork?  Is there a way to change the number of items shown on a widget?  I use Recommended episodes from Library data Provider when using Aeon Nox Silvo.  I set the number of items to five.  In Madnox it seems that UpNext episode widget does about the same thing but displays 20+ items.  Would like to limit it.  If I setup a widget and get rid to the label by backspacing the title and then add a space, I can't access the widget using the keyboard up arrow.  My current work around is us a . instead of the space.  Hope this makes sense.  Again, thanks and really enjoying the skin.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2020-10-03, 22:59)bobrap Wrote: Just wanted to say thanks for a great skin and ask a few things.  Would it be possible to add a larger image preview when selecting artwork?  Is there a way to change the number of items shown on a widget?  I use Recommended episodes from Library data Provider when using Aeon Nox Silvo.  I set the number of items to five.  In Madnox it seems that UpNext episode widget does about the same thing but displays 20+ items.  Would like to limit it.  If I setup a widget and get rid to the label by backspacing the title and then add a space, I can't access the widget using the keyboard up arrow.  My current work around is us a . instead of the space.  Hope this makes sense.  Again, thanks and really enjoying the skin.
@bobrap 
Thanks for the bug reports. Think i got them all.
- Added artwork to dialog select
- Added option to limit the number of items a widget displays
- Changed onup condition when navigating to widget from 'widgetLabel' to 'widget.1'.

Awesome that you are enjoying the skin.  Smile

Cheers
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Thanks for the quick changes.  One problem, can't change the number of widget items.  A feature request for the future maybe?  When onup to a widget item, would it be possible to add an option to display the movie/episode plot?  Thanks.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Mr. V this skin is amazing, I looked around all the settings I could find and have a question.

cdart isn't showing up for cd's, I'm just getting the default blank disc. I use Artwork Beef and the cdart comes up in Aeon MQ8. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this, hopefully a way I can still get my cdart to still come up in Mq8 - Although after an afternoon with this skin I dunno how often I'll go back to MQ8.   I understand this is alpha but I saw screenshots in this thread with cdart, so I'm guessing I'm just overlooking a setting somewhere.
(2020-10-06, 18:35)bobrap Wrote: Thanks for the quick changes.  One problem, can't change the number of widget items.  A feature request for the future maybe?  When onup to a widget item, would it be possible to add an option to display the movie/episode plot?  Thanks.
@bobrap 
Made a coding mistake for the number of widget items. Fixed now.
Added an option to show widget plot. Home screen media menu/Info/Widgets/Plot.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-10-07, 00:56)quebert Wrote: Mr. V this skin is amazing, I looked around all the settings I could find and have a question.

cdart isn't showing up for cd's, I'm just getting the default blank disc. I use Artwork Beef and the cdart comes up in Aeon MQ8. I'm trying to figure out how to fix this, hopefully a way I can still get my cdart to still come up in Mq8 - Although after an afternoon with this skin I dunno how often I'll go back to MQ8.   I understand this is alpha but I saw screenshots in this thread with cdart, so I'm guessing I'm just overlooking a setting somewhere.

@quebert 

Awesome that you like the skin. Thakyou.

The difference i can see is MQ8 uses skin helper service as a fallback for cdart. From my end i am using the kodi database and cdart is shown. By default cdart is enabled in all views where it is supported.

Not sure what the issue is. I suggest to look at the kodi wiki for music artwork to see if you are missing anything.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_artwork
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-10-09, 04:46)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-10-07, 00:56)quebert Wrote: Mr. V this skin is amazing, I looked around all the settings I could find and have a question.

@quebert 

The difference i can see is MQ8 uses skin helper service as a fallback for cdart. From my end i am using the kodi database and cdart is shown. By default cdart is enabled in all views where it is supported.

Not sure what the issue is. I suggest to look at the kodi wiki for music artwork to see if you are missing anything.

Thanks for the info, I read the page and will see what I can do. I use Artworkbeef to scrape my music and have the cdart option turned on. I just checked one of the few albums that has an actual disc.png in the album's directory and it's showing the cd.  From everything I found cdart.png has been superseded with disc.png in v18.  The setting in ArtworkBeef says album discart, maybe it's naming it discart in the database and that's why Madox isn't picking it up.  The strange thing is movie disc images are all coming up fine. So I'm at a loss, but it should be a pretty simple fix once I read up on the database.

I'm assuming here, but on a fresh install of Kodi 18 with just this skin and ArtworkBeef installed I'd get the disc art? Since I'm not going to use MQ8 any more I need to figure this out, as one thing I do remember when I switched to MQ8 last year there were things here and there that didn't work the way they do in other skins.   Well thankfully with the quarantine I have a lot of free time today to figure this out. lol
(2020-10-09, 21:45)quebert Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 04:46)Mr. V Wrote:

@quebert 

Thanks for the info, I read the page and will see what I can do. I use Artworkbeef to scrape my music and have the cdart option turned on. I just checked one of the few albums that has an actual disc.png in the album's directory and it's showing the cd.  From everything I found cdart.png has been superseded with disc.png in v18.  The setting in ArtworkBeef says album discart, maybe it's naming it discart in the database and that's why Madox isn't picking it up.  The strange thing is movie disc images are all coming up fine. So I'm at a loss, but it should be a pretty simple fix once I read up on the database.

I'm assuming here, but on a fresh install of Kodi 18 with just this skin and ArtworkBeef installed I'd get the disc art? Since I'm not going to use MQ8 any more I need to figure this out, as one thing I do remember when I switched to MQ8 last year there were things here and there that didn't work the way they do in other skins.   Well thankfully with the quarantine I have a lot of free time today to figure this out. lol

Sounds like it might be file name thing as you said some are picked up. Filenames should be the same as in the wiki link under 'Local Artwork'.

A simple fix is to use https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ to batch rename files. Then open artwork beef and select 'add missing artwork for...' then all music.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-10-10, 04:14)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 21:45)quebert Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 04:46)Mr. V Wrote: @quebert 

Sounds like it might be file name thing as you said some are picked up. Filenames should be the same as in the wiki link under 'Local Artwork'.

A simple fix is to use https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ to batch rename files. Then open artwork beef and select 'add missing artwork for...' then all music.

Another change is they now have the option to natively support double (or more) disc albums by way of adding disc1.png, disc2.png, etc. image files but these file types / names also need to be specified in your advancedsettings.xml file music artwork section AFAIK. This is to cater for people who store multi-disc albums in the same root album folder, where under the old system, only one image (cdart.png) could be stored. Only caveat to this is, that for people like me, it doesn't work properly if you store your different disc's tracks under separate "Disc" folders under the global album folder by default. If memory serves, you either get both disc images for both discs in each sub-folder or both disc images being saved to the root album folder, neither of which I want.

I need to look at this again, but as it stands, for me Madnox and to a greater degree, Kodi itself, only displays artwork for Disc 1, even if artwork for both disks is present as I've not changed the folder hierarchy or made the required changes to my advancedsettings.xml file to work with the new way of doing things. Renaming and re-organizing 53,000 audio tracks, just to cater for this, is not a task I want to take on right now. YMMV.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
(2020-10-10, 22:46)gibxxi Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 04:14)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-10-09, 21:45)quebert Wrote: Thanks for the info, I read the page and will see what I can do. I use Artworkbeef to scrape my music and have the cdart option turned on. I just checked one of the few albums that has an actual disc.png in the album's directory and it's showing the cd.  From everything I found cdart.png has been superseded with disc.png in v18.  The setting in ArtworkBeef says album discart, maybe it's naming it discart in the database and that's why Madox isn't picking it up.  The strange thing is movie disc images are all coming up fine. So I'm at a loss, but it should be a pretty simple fix once I read up on the database.

Another change is they now have the option to natively support double (or more) disc albums by way of adding disc1.png, disc2.png, etc. image files but these file types / names also need to be specified in your advancedsettings.xml file music artwork section AFAIK. This is to cater for people who store multi-disc albums in the same root album folder, where under the old system, only one image (cdart.png) could be stored. Only caveat to this is, that for people like me, it doesn't work properly if you store your different disc's tracks under separate "Disc" folders under the global album folder by default. If memory serves, you either get both disc images for both discs in each sub-folder or both disc images being saved to the root album folder, neither of which I want.

I need to look at this again, but as it stands, for me Madnox and to a greater degree, Kodi itself, only displays artwork for Disc 1, even if artwork for both disks is present as I've not changed the folder hierarchy or made the required changes to my advancedsettings.xml file to work with the new way of doing things. Renaming and re-organizing 53,000 audio tracks, just to cater for this, is not a task I want to take on right now. YMMV.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
@gibxxi 
In regards to music this would be a Kodi Matrix update as it supports multi disc albums, the same way movie sets are supported. Also the music library will support custom artwork names from what i can see from the commits on github.

When i can commit to the Kodi repo for Leia i will be moving on to Matrix support. It may be a couple of months or so away.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
(2020-10-11, 08:04)Mr. V Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 22:46)gibxxi Wrote:
(2020-10-10, 04:14)Mr. V Wrote: Sounds like it might be file name thing as you said some are picked up. Filenames should be the same as in the wiki link under 'Local Artwork'.

Smile

Dan / Gib.
@gibxxi 
In regards to music this would be a Kodi Matrix update as it supports multi disc albums, the same way movie sets are supported. Also the music library will support custom artwork names from what i can see from the commits on github.

When i can commit to the Kodi repo for Leia i will be moving on to Matrix support. It may be a couple of months or so away.

It's already there in Leia Mr.V in as far as I understand it, although it may not be finalized until Matrix, based on what I'm seeing (and experiencing). So far I've not touched Matrix, and don't plan to until it's 'stable'.
Mr. V,

I use showcase view 98% of the time and I like the ratings information you have in dialogivdeoinfo. I believe I read you are now using Jurialmunkey's plug in and would like to add all the ratings to the info box on showcase view. You already have ratings and top #250. What file do I need to play with to add all the ratings that the plugin offers?

Thanks
Hello and thanks for your work. It took a little work of cleaning up my system but no to bad. I had to rename logo to clearlogo and cdart to discart in my music, but thanks for the hint of bulk renaming that went quick . ALL cleasrlogo and discart and showing up after a refresh, I am changing over 3 systems from aeon-madnox to your madnox and very pleased with all results so far. I have run into on block that i can't figure out. When I start playing music the screen never goes to now playing screen automatically, I have to hit the tab key for it to happen.  I Know find it will go to the now playing screen automatically if I select 2 or more songs. I wondering if i have some setting off. This happens on all 3 systems. Any Ideas what's happing? (Edit) Well a hour later I know realize it may be acting as intended. I play 1 song it does not go to Now Playing. When I select a second song (even if it min later) it quicky jumps tp the now playing screen. and strays on it for all songs.
Hello again, did test the last verison of your madnox and it work's great.
Atmos\DTSX icons, actor's icons showing up now.
in many movies new clearlogo's, discart and other extra fanart images can't be found in fanart menu selection.
thanks for this great skin.
  • 14(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Madnox (Leia)4