No Radio Stations Found
Hi all.

I am not sure if I posted this in the right place as I am only just starting to try Kodi.
The first thing is that when I select the Radio menu, and try to search, it doesn't display any radio stations.
I looked to see if it is an Addon, but I couldn't see one. Is Radio built-in?

Thanks...
(2020-10-14, 03:26)Dypsis Wrote: Is Radio built-in?
No it's not.

Both Radio and Live TV are only the front end interface. You need to install backend software and get it working with radio and live tv first. Then once that backend is working, you would install the corresponding add-on in Kodi and then use it to access radio and live tv.

Backends that work with Kodi each have their own forum here... https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167

I use NextPVR if it helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks Karellen.

It seems I have to do some study.
I'll also have a look at NextPVR.
Radio means many things.  If your goal is internet radio then pvr.iptvsimple would likely meet your needs without a backend.  There are several good Internet Radio addons that will run as addons and don't populate Radio but they might be easier to maintain.

Martin.
Hi guys.

Where do I get these backends to install?
I guess I will try both your suggestions of NextPVR and pvr.iptvsimple.

I can't reply too many times as I only have 9 posts per day, for some reason.
(2020-10-15, 04:29)Dypsis Wrote: Hi guys.

Where do I get these backends to install?
I guess I will try both your suggestions of NextPVR and pvr.iptvsimple.

I can't reply too many times as I only have 9 posts per day, for some reason.
I have both of these installed.
Now how do I get one or both of them working? I can see that they can't be run from there.
(2020-10-15, 04:29)Dypsis Wrote: I can't reply too many times as I only have 9 posts per day, for some reason.
I have upgraded your forum permissions as I can see your efforts in trying to get Kodi right for you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Right the Run button does nothing, you enter the addon through TV or Radio stations that you have configured.

Martin
(2020-10-15, 04:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-15, 04:29)Dypsis Wrote: I can't reply too many times as I only have 9 posts per day, for some reason.
I have upgraded your forum permissions as I can see your efforts in trying to get Kodi right for you.
Thank you.
(2020-10-15, 05:02)emveepee Wrote: Right the Run button does nothing, you enter the addon through TV or Radio stations that you have configured.

Martin

Hi Martin.

Can you be more precise about doing that please?
I know that I have to somehow connect the frontend to the backend.
You haven't provided any specifics and what "radio" you want to listen to and if you want to to use a tuner or not.   For me it means

Internet radio
Analog FM radio using analog tuners  typically v4l or DirectShow
DVB Radio using dvb tuners
RDS

I am a hobbyist and I also use several options using SDR devices  (I can bring pretty much any SDR frequency into Kodi)  This is how I use FM and HD FM.  I expect DAB would be possible too.

Martin
(2020-10-15, 16:13)emveepee Wrote: You haven't provided any specifics and what "radio" you want to listen to and if you want to to use a tuner or not.   For me it means

Internet radio
Analog FM radio using analog tuners  typically v4l or DirectShow
DVB Radio using dvb tuners
RDS

I am a hobbyist and I also use several options using SDR devices  (I can bring pretty much any SDR frequency into Kodi)  This is how I use FM and HD FM.  I expect DAB would be possible too.

Martin
Some internet radio stations, and a few AM and FM radio stations.
What tuner hardware are you planning on using? Personally I think you should install the radio add-on and see if that meets your needs.

Martin
(2020-10-16, 03:26)emveepee Wrote: What tuner hardware are you planning on using? Personally I think you should install the radio add-on and see if that meets your needs.

Martin

OK.
I'll have a look.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Radio Stations Found0