Too Much Empty Space
This is a great skin and easy to navigate, but I feel there is too much empty space on my Android TV.
How can I enable something like the current playing artist image to fill the empty space?

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi Karellen.

I have Fanart enabled.

I first tried Fanart, then I tried Visualisation. Both don't seem to do anything.

Do you have fanart?

Have you scanned and scraped your music into the library?

Check the Artwork link and the How to create music library link in My Signature below.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I stream my music from my computer using a DLNA server. For audio I use Asset UPnP.
My music is all fully tagged including multiple artwork embedded in the tags.

I haven't scraped? How do I do that? The article doesn't seem to say how to do it.

Why is it if I switch to the MQ 8 skin I get fanart?
(2020-10-17, 05:33)Dypsis Wrote: I stream my music from my computer using a DLNA server.
Nah, don't do that. Set up a proper SMB or other sharing protocol to share your media.

Read the introduction here... UPnP (wiki)
My Signature
As far as I can see, Asset UPnP server is the same as a Kodi UPnP server.
The reason I have chosen Asset UPnP, is that it focuses on audio quality.
I also have other servers running such as MediaMonkey and Universal Media Server.

But I guess I can also install Kodi on one my computers and use a Kodi UPnP server.

I still don't understand why I get Fanart with the MQ 8 skin by default.
(2020-10-17, 05:54)Dypsis Wrote: But I guess I can also install Kodi on one my computers and use a Kodi UPnP server.
No. I am saying don't use UPnP / DLNA at all. It is very limiting and Kodi cannot access artwork or scrape your media.

Use SMB (wiki).
My Signature
(2020-10-17, 06:11)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-17, 05:54)Dypsis Wrote: But I guess I can also install Kodi on one my computers and use a Kodi UPnP server.
No. I am saying don't use UPnP / DLNA at all. It is very limiting and Kodi cannot access artwork or scrape your media.

Use SMB (wiki).
So, I don't need to have Kodi on my PC?
Do I just share the Music folder, then add it to Kodi on my TV?
(2020-10-17, 07:52)Dypsis Wrote: So, I don't need to have Kodi on my PC?
Not if you don't want to.

(2020-10-17, 07:52)Dypsis Wrote: Do I just share the Music folder, then add it to Kodi on my TV?
You share your Music folder, then as shown on that wiki page, you add the SMB network share as a source in Kodi. Then Kodi has direct access to your media, instead of getting a list from another piece of software.

A google search on "setting up SMB on Windows" should give plenty of guides. Once you have shared your media, then you can follow the SMB (wiki) wiki page to add the source.
My Signature
OK. I have shared the Music folder.
My other computers can see it, but Kodi can't.

The Wiki says no need for a drive letter or path. Just a folder name.
(2020-10-17, 08:21)Dypsis Wrote: The Wiki says no need for a drive letter or path. Just a folder name.
Yes it does say that, but it also says a whole lot more. I can't give you any more help than what is already on that wiki page.
My Signature
No problem. Kodi must require something more than Windows, as I am logging in and browsing the Music folder on other computers.
There seems to be a lot of obscure things to find out about Kodi. I've discovered a few already. I'll work it out eventually.

I appreciate your help, Karellen. Smile
(2020-10-17, 09:06)Dypsis Wrote: No problem. Kodi must require something more than Windows
No it shouldn't. Let me know which step you are stuck on and what you have tried. Also a screenshot of how you have filled out that Add Network Location page.
My Signature
(2020-10-17, 09:51)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-17, 09:06)Dypsis Wrote: No problem. Kodi must require something more than Windows
No it shouldn't. Let me know which step you are stuck on and what you have tried. Also a screenshot of how you have filled out that Add Network Location page.

I've done it.
I have my music connected via SMB, but I still cannot see anything.
I have tried scraping as suggested, but I don't have the "Query info for all artists" or "Query info for all albums" as explained in the Wiki here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Too Much Empty Space0