• 42(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-08-12, 12:49)meowmoo Wrote: Hi, a few updates ago the script added 2 options to my context menu and I can't find a way to disable them.
I don't want my context menu to be full of stuff I don't use, so it would be very welcome if we could disable the context menu items if we don't use them.

Thanks.
I'll be curious about a more "official" answer, but having just done development work on an addon that has a context menu, it doesn't appear there is any simple way to enable/disable them. They are defined in addon.xml, and that is loaded before any of the script is.  I was thinking about playing with it some more to try setting a skin or system value that could be used to decide whether to show the menu item, but I haven't had time to dig into it with my own addon yet.
(2020-07-25, 06:02)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-07-24, 02:53)Mr. V Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am having some issue with the next aired being updated. I am trying to replicate the behavour of tv show next aired addon, so when navigating to tv shows it triggeres an update of the next aired status.

My code in startup.xml;
Code:
<onunload condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper)">Skin.SetBool(TMDbHelper.Service)</onunload>

The label;
Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Next_Aired)]

I can see in the settings there is an option for 'Days to cache details' and assume this is why the info labels are not updating.

Any suggestions on how this could be coded?

Currently this is what i see for a show on air
The skin shows 7x7 08/07/2020. The latest episode is 7x9 on 22/07/2019 so it is behind.
watch gallery

You're correct - it uses the long cache for details (which the 14 day cache expiry obviously causes issues for currently airing tvshows that will air more frequently than that!). I'm not sure why I've never noticed this problem or why I never thought about it before -- I guess I must only look at that info when I'm seeing when a tvshow will return for a new season, not whilst it is currently airing.

Can you test with latest version? The service monitor should now update next aired dates using a 24hr cache

NOTE: Only service monitor will use the up-to-date details (i.e. only the window props). The actual ListItem infolabel data will still use the longer cached details for performance reasons.
@jurialmunkey 

Thanks. Seems to be working.
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
I like what your doing with this addon and works great with composite, I now have a decent setup for Plex back end and Kodi front end.

Library Integration: Auto-update library from Trakt list(s)....... Is there a reason why you never included Trakt Watchlist?

I noticed that which ever Trakt list you sync with the addon to the Kodi library it makes a matching playlist. I don't use playlists, im a heavy user of tags along with filters from the video nodes addon.

What's the chances of you adding an option to tag movies/TV Shows with the name of the Trakt list it is synced from?
(2020-09-09, 16:32)kingkearney Wrote: I like what your doing with this addon and works great with composite, I now have a decent setup for Plex back end and Kodi front end.

Library Integration: Auto-update library from Trakt list(s)....... Is there a reason why you never included Trakt Watchlist?

I noticed that which ever Trakt list you sync with the addon to the Kodi library it makes a matching playlist. I don't use playlists, im a heavy user of tags along with filters from the video nodes addon.

What's the chances of you adding an option to tag movies/TV Shows with the name of the Trakt list it is synced from?

I don't use watchlist for library sync because items disappear from the watchlist after watching, so it never really reflects what's in the library.

On principle I never delete anything because that could be dangerous and it's also possible to have watched something *before* the sync happens so the item never gets added.

I prefer syncing from normal lists because as long as you don't manually remove items from it, you always have a record of what's been added. Happy to add features though as long as they're justified with logical reasons.

Re tags - the problem is that the script skips adding items already added to the library so that we don't get duplicates and we don't waste time re-adding things that are already there. So anything already in your library wouldn't get tagged (or if you've got two overlapping lists), hence why I generate the playlist.

I'd actually prefer to use tags since it's easier to base a playlist off tags anyway, but it's pretty pointless if we're only going to have new items tagged.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-08-12, 19:03)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-08-12, 12:49)meowmoo Wrote: Hi, a few updates ago the script added 2 options to my context menu and I can't find a way to disable them.
I don't want my context menu to be full of stuff I don't use, so it would be very welcome if we could disable the context menu items if we don't use them.

Thanks.
I'll be curious about a more "official" answer, but having just done development work on an addon that has a context menu, it doesn't appear there is any simple way to enable/disable them. They are defined in addon.xml, and that is loaded before any of the script is.  I was thinking about playing with it some more to try setting a skin or system value that could be used to decide whether to show the menu item, but I haven't had time to dig into it with my own addon yet.

In AutoWidget, I can control the context menu visibility at runtime by running a service that listens for settings changes, and then using those properties as visibility conditions in addon.xmlhttps://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.pro...don.xml#L8.

Which setting IDs are listened for is controlled by https://github.com/drinfernoo/plugin.program.autowidget/blob/master/plugin.program.autowidget/resources/lib/refresh.py#L11, so you could expand this easily to cover settings for multiple context items.

EDIT: For clarity, those properties will also be initialized when the script initializes, so the context items will have the correct visibility on boot as well.
(2020-07-06, 04:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: To get around this limitation, the plugin also provides a service monitor which does the details lookup for the focused item in real time. However, it is up to the skin to implement support for the service monitor.

Helllo
I have two android TV, btoh with Kodi et Artic:Horizon, and (i think) the same parameters
In one, I can see the service working. When I press "I" on a movie in a widget of movies in theaters, I can see basic movies info, and 1 or 2 second laters, appears more infos, particualry Trailer Button
In the other, nothing appears afer 1 or 2 seconds. I have allways to force manually : "C" > TMDbHelper Options > Refresh Cached Details

An idea of the pb ? 

thanks
(2020-09-16, 12:59)mardup Wrote:
(2020-07-06, 04:54)jurialmunkey Wrote: To get around this limitation, the plugin also provides a service monitor which does the details lookup for the focused item in real time. However, it is up to the skin to implement support for the service monitor.

Helllo
I have two android TV, btoh with Kodi et Artic:Horizon, and (i think) the same parameters
In one, I can see the service working. When I press "I" on a movie in a widget of movies in theaters, I can see basic movies info, and 1 or 2 second laters, appears more infos, particualry Trailer Button
In the other, nothing appears afer 1 or 2 seconds. I have allways to force manually : "C" > TMDbHelper Options > Refresh Cached Details

An idea of the pb ? 

thanks
Turn on use online info in the ratings skin settings - you need to enable that option to turn on the service monitor.
@jurialmunkey If I sync a Trakt list to my library, and then want to remove a movie from my library... what keeps that movie from getting synced back to my library again?
I am receiving an error with the latest version of he plugin. I know it's not a complete log, but I will post that later on tonight. Below is just what I pulled from the kodi.log file.

xml:
NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            HTTP Error Code: 401
                                            Request: http://www.omdbapi.com/?apikey=xxxxxxxxx...atoes=True
                                            Postdata: None
                                            Headers: None
                                            Response: <Response [401]>

I also get the follwing error when I enter the URL directly into my browser.

xml:
<root response="False">
<error>Request limit reached!</error>
</root>

Is it because I am using the free OMDB API?

Regards,

Shedrock
(2020-10-03, 00:32)shedrock Wrote: I am receiving an error with the latest version of he plugin. I know it's not a complete log, but I will post that later on tonight. Below is just what I pulled from the kodi.log file.

xml:
NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            HTTP Error Code: 401
                                            Request: http://www.omdbapi.com/?apikey=xxxxxxxxx...atoes=True
                                            Postdata: None
                                            Headers: None
                                            Response: <Response [401]>

I also get the follwing error when I enter the URL directly into my browser.

xml:
<root response="False">
<error>Request limit reached!</error>
</root>

Is it because I am using the free OMDB API?

Regards,

Shedrock

Omdb has a 1000 requests per day limit. If you hit that limit it will 401 (which is the unauthorised http error code).

Im not sure if paid keys have the limit or not.
(2020-10-03, 03:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: Omdb has a 1000 requests per day limit. If you hit that limit it will 401 (which is the unauthorised http error code).

Im not sure if paid keys have the limit or not.
Thanks for the explanation. It is odd though that I would hit 1000 considering it is a new installation of LibreELEC and I was just looking up the information on 2 movies when I got that error.
I been using this for the past few with trakt library integration. (running on a pi3 with libreelec)
Videos keep repeating after playing.

If I end (stop) before it recaches the end it doesn't do this.
It looks like its creating a playlist and not removing once its over. (If I look at Yatse shows what im watching is in a playlist)

If I dont use tmdb helper, It doesnt repeat when its over.

Before I do a reinstall of tmdbhelper and or Kodi I wanted to see if there is something I should look at first.

Edit: when I look at the play list it has a music note icon (using Aura skin)
Thinking maybe it was thinking it was audio I check settings > player settings > music > play next song automatically and that is uncheck.
Upcoming v4.0.0 - Code Refactor
@bsoriano @nessus @mikeSiLVO @drinfernoo @shedrock @Mr. V @pkscout (and any other skinners that use TMDbHelper)

Sometime in the next week I'm planning to merge v4 of TMDbHelper into master. This version involves a significant code rewrite, so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up and chance to test in case I've missed a feature that you use in your skins. I'm planning for as much backwards compatibility as possible, but it's also completely likely that I've missed including some important feature that I don't use personally. Please let me know either here or on github if there are any issues / missing features etc.

Refactor is available from the "refactor" branch on github: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...e/refactor
There's also a matrix branch which I haven't personally tested but hopefully should work as I've been careful to keep code Python 2/3 compatible.

After installing, please make sure to restart Kodi so that the service monitor starts up correctly.

Highlights of v4
  • Significantly improved caching and performance (first run might take a moment since a lot of things will need to be re-synced/cached but after that I've been finding the performance much improved).
  • Ability to select and refresh artwork via context menu ("Manage artwork")
  • Ability to access all the lists previously found in the "detailed item" via context menu ("Browse Lists")
  • Much improved Trakt management functions and watched details syncing ("Trakt options")
  • Sort a variety of Trakt lists via context menu (Collection, Watchlist, User Lists). ("Browse sorted list")
  • Simplified settings
  • Player improvements

Known Issues
Currently there's an issue where I'm not getting trailers. Will be fixed soon. Also, some of the image lists (posters / fanart) are missing labels and need proper actions assigned to view slideshow/image.
(2020-10-17, 10:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Upcoming v4.0.0 - Code Refactor
@bsoriano @nessus @mikeSiLVO @drinfernoo @shedrock @Mr. V @pkscout (and any other skinners that use TMDbHelper)

Sometime in the next week I'm planning to merge v4 of TMDbHelper into master. This version involves a significant code rewrite, so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up and chance to test in case I've missed a feature that you use in your skins. I'm planning for as much backwards compatibility as possible, but it's also completely likely that I've missed including some important feature that I don't use personally. Please let me know either here or on github if there are any issues / missing features etc.

Refactor is available from the "refactor" branch on github: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...e/refactor
There's also a matrix branch which I haven't personally tested but hopefully should work as I've been careful to keep code Python 2/3 compatible.

After installing, please make sure to restart Kodi so that the service monitor starts up correctly.

Highlights of v4
  • Significantly improved caching and performance (first run might take a moment since a lot of things will need to be re-synced/cached but after that I've been finding the performance much improved).
  • Ability to select and refresh artwork via context menu ("Manage artwork")
  • Ability to access all the lists previously found in the "detailed item" via context menu ("Browse Lists")
  • Much improved Trakt management functions and watched details syncing ("Trakt options")
  • Sort a variety of Trakt lists via context menu (Collection, Watchlist, User Lists). ("Browse sorted list")
  • Simplified settings
  • Player improvements

Known Issues
Currently there's an issue where I'm not getting trailers. Will be fixed soon. Also, some of the image lists (posters / fanart) are missing labels and need proper actions assigned to view slideshow/image.
@jurialmunkey , thanks! I will start testing today and let you know if I find any issues.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-17, 10:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Upcoming v4.0.0 - Code Refactor
The Matrix version crashes on launch because of a change in logging levels for Matrix. LOGNOTICE is no longer available in Matrix, so you need to change it to LOGINFO. The only caveat there is that if you use LOGINFO in Leia it doesn't get logged unless debug logging is on. So you either have to have different log levels depending on the Kodi version or move everything to LOGWARNING (which might give the wrong impression as to the nature of the log message).

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=353818

I have another issue that might just be my dev machine (on OSX) has been rode hard and put away wet, but with the TMDb helper installed on Matrix Alpha2, Kodi hangs whenever it quits. This has been true for awhile, but I didn't bother saying anything because it was early in the Matrix Alpha cycle. If I disable the TMDb helper, then Kodi quits fine (even if I use Arctic Horizon as my skin - which requires that I remove the dependency on the TMDb helper).  Here's a debug log of the hang on quit if that helps:

https://paste.kodi.tv/uwulozeluv.kodi
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2