• 17(current)
Beta Night
(2020-10-18, 13:24)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2020-10-18, 12:59)bkury Wrote:
(2020-10-18, 10:50)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for the update.
I can add a favourite as a widget now, but they still don't show up when choosing "dynamic".
I thought so but then the question is, how did you add your playlist to favorites in the first place? I mean, you have to select your playlist somewhere in KODI to be able to add it to favourites. In this case just open up the context menu and select "Add to custom home" instead of "Add to favourites". Or did I miss something here?
Thanks.
I will give that a try later.

"Add to custom home" is the solution indeed. Thanks a lot man.
Great skin
(2020-10-18, 00:52)bkury Wrote:
(2020-10-16, 20:59)Aaiemron Wrote: "In Progress TV shows" doesn't show the episode you can watch another time. It shows the next episode of a TV Show if you have more episodes of a certain TV Show.
The playlist has to be " In Progress Episodes" if you want to continue watching an episode.
I'm not sure if it will fix your problem but I've pushed an update which should address most issues that have been posted here. If you are still having problems after the update, send me a PM.

Night (Git) v2.5.1

Changelog:
  • Added new dialog for home menu (Search, Jump to, Add to custom home)
  • Added filter sub menu for horizontal menu
  • Fixed widget not focusable when using horizontal menu
  • Fixed dashboard when using horizontal menu
  • Fixed custom background for viewtypes
  • Fixed favourites path for custom home
  • Other small fixes

"Added filter submenu for horizontal menu"  What exactly does that mean ?  I can't find how to add "default" movies submenu to show below mainmenu when Movies is highlighted and pressing down ? Is it anything to do with "dashboard" ? I have disabled dashboard in skin settings because I don't really know what its for ?
(2020-10-18, 16:41)ontap Wrote: "Added filter submenu for horizontal menu"  What exactly does that mean ?
If you select Movies and press your down key, you should get a filter sub menu now (Recently Added, Genres, Years, ...), if you press down again you should get to the normal sub menu (Settings, Quit, Reboot, ...)
Isn't that what you wanted?

Quote:Is it anything to do with "dashboard" ? I have disabled dashboard in skin settings because I don't really know what its for ?
No, dashboard (screensaver) is a different feature. In short, it will show you the configured widgets when the screensaver is active. It works best with the screensaver set to "dim" with a short 1-5min activation time, so everytime your system is idle it will show you some useful information like time, weather, recently added media, ...
Hello bkury

I hope you are well, after some testing, here is what I can bring up :
(My Set up : NAS with Plex server connected with to Vero 4k to TV. PKC and Kodi 18.8 installed on Vero 4K+)

- So far, I have been experiencing issues with background and colors mainly :
  • The home menu management is awesome. We can manage all librairies, and the widgets that goes with them. Great Job!
  • I haven't succeeded in adding a Plex playlist on the home menu. I have been able to add the Playlist menu but not a specific one. Any idea how to do that?
  • Settings - Background - If I modify the Default background to an image, it is not loading on the home screen (this is happening both on the Vero 4K and my Mac mini). (But if for each Plex librairies I manually set up the background, it works)
  • Setting - Colours : I can't seem to change any colors, when displaying the library of colors, they are all white and selecting one, doesn't change the color, it remains the default cyan one
  • Inside a library, the gray frame (and the overlay one) around a poster is a little bigger in width than the poster itself

I will continue testing and let you know.
(2020-10-23, 20:00)SBOG Wrote: The home menu management is awesome. We can manage all librairies, and the widgets that goes with them. Great Job!
Thank you!

Quote:I haven't succeeded in adding a Plex playlist on the home menu. I have been able to add the Playlist menu but not a specific one. Any idea how to do that?
I think you are looking for the "custom home" feature :

• Select your playlist (e.g. Library --> Playlists or directly from a widget), Open context menu --> Add to custom home --> Add to Custom #1 / Home Menu
  • Select your playlist again, Open context menu --> Add to custom home --> Set Custom #1 Widget #1 to "dynamic" --> Select Item #1 to save your playlist

You should now have a new home menu item and a widget which shows the content of your playlist.

Quote:Settings - Background - If I modify the Default background to an image, it is not loading on the home screen (this is happening both on the Vero 4K and my Mac mini). (But if for each Plex librairies I manually set up the background, it works)
The default background option is actually the fallback background, it only shows up if there is no fanart or other background image available. (I should rename it to fallback image)
Anyway, you can only change the home background via "Settings --> Home Menu" like you already did for you plex library.

Hint:
You can bulk change most home menu options via "Settings --> Home Menu --> Section (e.g. General)", so if you want to have a custom image for all "General" home items you can do something like this :
  • Settings --> Home menu --> General --> Background --> Custom image

This will set a custom background image for all home menu items in the "general" section.

Quote:Setting - Colours : I can't seem to change any colors, when displaying the library of colors, they are all white and selecting one, doesn't change the color, it remains the default cyan one
Confirmed. Thanks for reporting!

Quote:Inside a library, the gray frame (and the overlay one) around a poster is a little bigger in width than the poster itself
I see, please give me some more information:

• Your Resolution (I assume 4k) and Aspect ratio (16:9?)
  • Is your viewtype image size set to something different? (Options --> Appearance --> Small/Medium/Large/Huge)
  • Does it only affect poster images or do you also have this issue with thumbs? (e.g. panel episode view)
  • Are widget poster images fine? So, this only happens when browsing the library?
  • If it's possible, a screenshot would be very helpful (via PM if you want)
Here is a quick video navigating in the menus : Video.
Quote:Hint:
You can bulk change most home menu options via "Settings --> Home Menu --> Section (e.g. General)", so if you want to have a custom image for all "General" home items you can do something like this :
Settings --> Home menu --> General --> Background --> Custom image

So far, I haven't been able to reproduce this bulk change in background. In terms of look&feel, I have only my Plex libraries on the main screen, and I display only a single background. If I set up the background for each library, it works but there is a fade in/fade out when you move from one library to another (you can see it in the video). It probably helps transitioning from a fan art to another, but on a single background it looks "weird". In the previous release (from last year), I could set up a main background and the fade in/out did not exist.
Quote: 
Your Resolution (I assume 4k) and Aspect ratio (16:9?)
Is your viewtype image size set to something different? (Options --> Appearance --> Small/Medium/Large/Huge)
Does it only affect poster images or do you also have this issue with thumbs? (e.g. panel episode view)
Are widget poster images fine? So, this only happens when browsing the library?
If it's possible, a screenshot would be very helpful (via PM if you want)
Yes, the screen is in 4K resolution and 16:9.
In a movie library, here is the view type : Panel - Fullscreen - large poster size. By switching size option, it happens on all configuration except for the small ones where the frame is fine.
See image 1 & Image 2
So far, I am seeing this behavior only on Movie type library, TV shows libraries are being displayed fine in all sizes. If I switch to full HD (1080p) on TV, no changes.
Quote:I think you are looking for the "custom home" feature :
Select your playlist (e.g. Library --> Playlists or directly from a widget), Open context menu --> Add to custom home --> Add to Custom #1 / Home Menu
Select your playlist again, Open context menu --> Add to custom home --> Set Custom #1 Widget #1 to "dynamic" --> Select Item #1 to save your playlist
You should now have a new home menu item and a widget which shows the content of your playlist.

Ok, I will try this soon, each time I try the "add to custom home", it seems to add the selected movie and not section where I am. I probably need to play around a little to make it work. I will let you know.

The widget part : "On Deck" is still problematic (long loading time and once it is loaded, it doesn't refresh), but this is not skin related I guess.
(2020-10-24, 18:42)SBOG Wrote: If I set up the background for each library, it works but there is a fade in/fade out when you move from one library to another (you can see it in the video). It probably helps transitioning from a fan art to another, but on a single background it looks "weird". In the previous release (from last year), I could set up a main background and the fade in/out did not exist.
You can disable the fade in/out animation by setting the background option "fadetime" to "None". 

Quote: 
Yes, the screen is in 4K resolution and 16:9.
In a movie library, here is the view type : Panel - Fullscreen - large poster size. By switching size option,
Thanks for this detailed information. I'm going to look into it ...

Quote:Ok, I will try this soon, each time I try the "add to custom home", it seems to add the selected movie and not section where I am. I probably need to play around a little to make it work. I will let you know.
It's pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. 

Quote:The widget part : "On Deck" is still problematic (long loading time and once it is loaded, it doesn't refresh), but this is not skin related I guess.
I know but for now this is the best I can do with skinning alone. It should still be faster than my previous skin version and a lot of improvements can be made directly in KODI (if I get help/support from a KODI or general c++ developer)
Quote:You can disable the fade in/out animation by setting the background option "fadetime" to "None".
No change, I put none (being displayed as 0 once saved) on all librairies but the fade is still present

Quote:It's pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. 
Ok I start to understand the functionality. I have been able to add one of my (Plex) playlist on the home screen. That is said :
- I cannot click on it to enter the library, only the widget is working (dynamic as advised).
- Also all Custom librairies are being displayed on home screen even if a specific one is on Off in the settings menu.
Quote:I know but for now this is the best I can do with skinning alone. It should still be faster than my previous skin version and a lot of improvements can be made directly in KODI (if I get help/support from a KODI or general c++ developer)
No worries, the work you've done is still impressive!
(2020-10-24, 21:30)SBOG Wrote: No change, I put none (being displayed as 0 once saved) on all librairies but the fade is still present
All right, I thought fadetime would fix it. Anyway, I'll add an option to disable the fade in/out animation completely.

Quote:- I cannot click on it to enter the library, only the widget is working (dynamic as advised).
Yes, playlist as a home menu item was actually a bad example. Although most KODI items/folders should already work with custom home, there are still some special cases like playlists. This will be fixed in my next update.

Quote:- Also all Custom librairies are being displayed on home screen even if a specific one is on Off in the settings menu.
Confirmed. I forgot to add some conditions, thanks for reporting!
Hello @bkury 

I just realized that one Plex library is missing from the home menu settings, the Plex library type "Other Videos" is missing.
See image1 from PKC settings that shows the "Vidéos Personnelles" library, but this same library isn't available in the home menu settings (see image 2). All other library types are properly displayed : Movies, TV Shows, Photos, Audio

Thank you
(2020-11-08, 19:14)SBOG Wrote: I just realized that one Plex library is missing from the home menu settings, the Plex library type "Other Videos" is missing.
It seems like you have more than 10 plex libraries which is currently the skin limit. I'll add some more plex spots but be aware that this might further increase widget update/reload times until I find a proper solution.
(2020-11-10, 18:43)bkury Wrote:
(2020-11-08, 19:14)SBOG Wrote: I just realized that one Plex library is missing from the home menu settings, the Plex library type "Other Videos" is missing.
It seems like you have more than 10 plex libraries which is currently the skin limit. I'll add some more plex spots but be aware that this might further increase widget update/reload times until I find a proper solution.

OK I understand. These 10 librairies, how are they selected? alphabetically? The skin displays the first 10, so may be if I change the name of the library I can display the missing ones.
(2020-11-11, 18:24)SBOG Wrote: OK I understand. These 10 librairies, how are they selected? alphabetically? The skin displays the first 10, so may be if I change the name of the library I can display the missing ones.
I can't test it right now but yes, I think they are alphabetically. You could also try "PlexKodiConnect Settings --> Sync Options --> Select libraries to sync" and disable the ones you don't access very often for now.
Make sure to restart KODI after the changes ...
Night (GIT) v2.5.2

Changelog
  • OpenHT Support
  • Plex/Emby home menu slots increased from 10 to 15
  • Fixed colors not working
  • Fixed poster image gaps with resolutions 1080+
  • Fixed background fade in/out if fadetime is set to 0
  • Fixed custom home still showing up even if it's disabled in settings
  • other small fixes

Happy new year everyone!
(2021-01-04, 14:38)bkury Wrote: Awesome job!
Hello,

I have been using this version (2.5.2) for 2 weeks now and I am very satisfied by the result.

- I love the minimalist design and it works smoothly on a 4K tv
- Big set of customization available for the home menu
- Widgets (On deck and recently added) are very fast compared to previous version.

Thank you for the work done.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Night6