Rating Format
One of the reasons I switched over to Tiny Media Manager from Media Center Master a while ago,  was because of this annoying aspect of MCM which they refused to fix forever.

Now it seems like it has crept into Tiny as well.  Hoping someone can address it.

The issue is that when the ratings are extracted into the metadata files, TMM is including the word "Rated" in the rating itself.  This is unhelpul and breaks the parental control with Emby.

I just want - and I'd assume most people want - the rating to be the rating itself.  It should be "R" or "PG-13", etc.  It should not be "Rated R", "Rated PG-13".  Putting the word Rated in the Rating value is redundant and useless.

Can this either be fixed or can someone give me instructions on how to fix it with code?
please have a look at the NFO settings: https://www.tinymediamanager.org/docs/mo...o-settings
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
I just looked through this guide and don't see a single mention of how to change this or why it it does it this way.

It doesn't even do it for every movie.  Just most of them.

Who needs the word "Rated" in the rating?  It is redundant.  Can anyone explain why this would be preferred?  Or how to change it?
(2020-10-11, 18:56)iesnik Wrote: I just looked through this guide and don't see a single mention of how to change this or why it it does it this way.

It doesn't even do it for every movie.  Just most of them.

Who needs the word "Rated" in the rating?  It is redundant.  Can anyone explain why this would be preferred?  Or how to change it?

Change Certification Format to Short under NFO settings.
(2020-10-11, 02:06)iesnik Wrote: and I'd assume most people want - the rating to be the rating itself
Nope, not at all.

The prefix is meant to be editable so Kodi and its skins can display the correct country flag.

For example PG-13 may be the same rating belonging to many countries. But if I add Australia:PG-13 then the skin reads the prefix and knows to display the Australian rating flag, not the American one or some other country.

So there is a purpose for the prefix, but the prefix "Rating" is probably useless, though some skins do use it to distinguish the US MPAA flags.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-10-11, 22:05)tr0nllam Wrote: Change Certification Format to Short under NFO settings.

Perfect.  Thank you.
(2020-10-11, 22:44)Karellen Wrote: The prefix is meant to be editable so Kodi and its skins can display the correct country flag.

For example PG-13 may be the same rating belonging to many countries. But if I add AustraliaTongueG-13 then the skin reads the prefix and knows to display the Australian rating flag, not the American one or some other country.

So there is a purpose for the prefix, but the prefix "Rating" is probably useless, though some skins do use it to distinguish the US MPAA flags.

Thank you for the explanation on why someone would want more than just the rating.   Never realized that.
(2020-10-11, 22:05)tr0nllam Wrote: Change Certification Format to Short under NFO settings.

Changed this setting and it didn't fix it.  Just scraped a movie and still came back with "Rated R" instead of just R.  

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  It's super annoying.  Have to manually edit every movie after the fact.
I just saw, that there is an exception especially for US certifications (several years old):

all US certifications are written as "Rated ..." into the MPAA tag

@Karellen according the the Wiki it looks like we can use the configured certification strings for the US MPAA string too - am I right?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
(2020-10-19, 10:06)mlaggner Wrote: the configured certification strings for the US MPAA string too
Which string? Rated:?

This is something the skins use. Kodi will save anything to the database, but it is up to the skins to parse the prefix to display the correct flag. Even if the user enters the correct string (say Australia:) but the skin has no Australian flags, then nothing gets displayed.

So the user should check with the skinner first to see what the correct prefix is, or to possibly add one for their country, then they can enter the correct prefix in TMM or Kodi scrapers.

Which wiki page are you looking at?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
IMHO this is historically.
MPAA was designed for US certifications only (hence the name)
And IIRC, Kodi NFO was defined to have the "Rated " prefix, since "R" did not look quite nice.

This is when the skins introduced a <certification> tag (for all other countries).
Dunno if that still exists, or any skin has support for it...

And this is what we did in TMM, added the fixed prefix for MPAA, and wrote the certifications 1:1 as-is...
But we should re-evaluate that Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
The nfo file uses this... <mpaa></mpaa>

In my case, I enter certifications like <mpaa>Australia:M</mpaa>

Then skins are coded with the prefix as shown in this skin here... https://github.com/mikesilvo164/Aeon-Nox....xml#L1040

As long as users add the correct prefix, they will get their country's rating flag if the skin supports it.

Yep, best to revisit if you currently cannot enter a different prefix.
My Signature
ok, after having a look at this, there is no more the need to hard code the US certification string - in the next version all certifications will share the same settings for the style
(2020-10-20, 20:23)mlaggner Wrote: ok, after having a look at this, there is no more the need to hard code the US certification string - in the next version all certifications will share the same settings for the style

Awesome.  Thanks for looking into this.  When you say it will be changed in "the next version" will that be only v4?  No problem if so, just would like to know when I should use my free upgrade coupon because that would be worth upgrading for.  Is there a way for me to track when this has been fixed/changed and in what version?
it will be definitely in 4.0.5.

maybe we will backport this to v3, but at the moment there is no v3 release needed soon (so that may take a while until there is a v3 release with this change IF we backport it)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rating Format0