• 19(current)
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)
Will have a good scroll thru "views", but I only noticed it in home icons and home screen widgets.
Most of the time I am using kodi on an old iMac that I have revved up a bit with an SSD and 12gb ram.
Hello,
I am a long-time fan of this skin, a music lover, and very grateful, among other things, because, thank to a request I posted few years ago, the composer, conductor and orchestra are displayed on the Now Playing screen.
Today I was listening to some high definition music and this question came to my mind: would it be possible to display on the Now Playing screen information about the file that is being played?
Type (e.g. flac), sample rate (e.g. 96 kHz), audio bit depth (e.g. 24 bit).
It could maybe "on demand" if quite possibly not everybody would be interested.
Thank you
(2020-10-11, 10:33)pierocol Wrote: Hello,
I am a long-time fan of this skin, a music lover, and very grateful, among other things, because, thank to a request I posted few years ago, the composer, conductor and orchestra are displayed on the Now Playing screen.
Today I was listening to some high definition music and this question came to my mind: would it be possible to display on the Now Playing screen information about the file that is being played?
Thank you

@pierocol ,

hiya mate,

can certainly take a look and see what is involved. Trying to finalise a bug fix release of latest version (1.6.4), so probably unlikely for upcoming 1.6.5, but if not much work it might happen.

Wyrm
@pierocol ,

have some bad news and some good news for you. For Kodi Leia that information is not available to the skin writers. Good news is that it has been added to Kodi Matrix, so will probably add it to the next major version of the skin when I start to code it.

Wyrm
Wink 
(2020-10-11, 15:54)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

have some bad news and some good news for you. For Kodi Leia that information is not available to the skin writers. Good news is that it has been added to Kodi Matrix, so will probably add it to the next major version of the skin when I start to code it.

Wyrm

Thanks again very much. BTW, I noticed that the default skin, which I never use Smile and forgot to have, reports the file type (but not the audio resolution and bit depth) in the Now Playing view.
(2020-10-12, 09:31)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-10-11, 15:54)wyrm Wrote: @pierocol ,

Wyrm

Thanks again very much. BTW, I noticed that the default skin, which I never use Smile and forgot to have, reports the file type (but not the audio resolution and bit depth) in the Now Playing view.
@pierocol ,

oh sorry mate, misread your post. Indeed some of it is available on the now playing screen. V19 matrix will allow for that information to be displayed in the music library screen for individual listitems.  If I do another release for Leia, will add it to that. Otherwise will have to wait for Matrix release of skin.

Wyrm
Hi guys,

very quick announcement. Is mainly a bug fix release so will not do my usual song and dance, but version 1.6.5 is now available in the main Kodi repo. Have included two new features for @pierocol  and @HiroProtagonist . Basically audio flags on music visualisation screen and profile names on Home Screen, please let me know if any issues with these.

Wyrm
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2020-10-20, 11:03)wyrm Wrote: Hi guys,

very quick announcement. Is mainly a bug fix release so will not do my usual song and dance, but version 1.6.5 is now available in the main Kodi repo. Have included two new features for @pierocol  and @HiroProtagonist . Basically audio flags on music visualisation screen and profile names on Home Screen, please let me know if any issues with these.

Wyrm

Wonderful! Just tested a bit with some random high def music and found out that with one of my Dark Side of the Moon versions, 88.2 kHz and 24 bit flac, the frequency label does not appear. It works beautifully with other frequencies, 48 kHz, 96 kHz. I cannot recall at the moment if I have something at 192 kHz
I had forgotten to let you know something I noticed in the recent past: I had created a couple of nice icons for the home screen (play disc, eject disc, and rock concert movies). Every time a new version of your skin is installed, I have to copy the icons that I have stored in a proper folder again in the home menu icons folder. I wonder if this can be avoided. No big deal of course, unless your user does not back up the custom icons somewhere...
(2020-10-20, 13:46)pierocol Wrote:

Wyrm

Wonderful! Just tested a bit with some random high def music and found out that with one of my Dark Side of the Moon versions, 88.2 kHz and 24 bit flac, the frequency label does not appear. It works beautifully with other frequencies, 48 kHz, 96 kHz. I cannot recall at the moment if I have something at 192 kHz
@pierocol ,

was something I just quickly threw together, so was expecting I might have to add other flag images. Let me know what’s missing and I will add for the next release.

Wyrm
(2020-10-20, 13:57)pierocol Wrote: I had forgotten to let you know something I noticed in the recent past: I had created a couple of nice icons for the home screen (play disc, eject disc, and rock concert movies). Every time a new version of your skin is installed, I have to copy the icons that I have stored in a proper folder again in the home menu icons folder. I wonder if this can be avoided. No big deal of course, unless your user does not back up the custom icons somewhere...
@pierocol ,

you don’t have to add them to the skins icons directory you can store them anywhere, in fact it would be better to not store them there. When the file selector is displayed, just go back a level and navigate to where you normally keep your image files. The default directory shown is just that, a default directory to some skin provided icons.

There is also no reason why I can’t include your icons with the skin. Don’t be shy, post them here for us to take a look at, and they might just make the next release ( providing you don’t mind including them).

Wyrm
(2020-10-20, 16:58)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 13:57)pierocol Wrote: I had forgotten to let you know something I noticed in the recent past: I had created a couple of nice icons for the home screen (play disc, eject disc, and rock concert movies). Every time a new version of your skin is installed, I have to copy the icons that I have stored in a proper folder again in the home menu icons folder. I wonder if this can be avoided. No big deal of course, unless your user does not back up the custom icons somewhere...
@pierocol ,

you don’t have to add them to the skins icons directory you can store them anywhere, in fact it would be better to not store them there. When the file selector is displayed, just go back a level and navigate to where you normally keep your image files. The default directory shown is just that, a default directory to some skin provided icons.

There is also no reason why I can’t include your icons with the skin. Don’t be shy, post them here for us to take a look at, and they might just make the next release ( providing you don’t mind including them).

Wyrm
Thanks a lot! I would be very happy if I can contribute something to this very nice initiative. I do not know how I can post an image here as I do not have a website I can link to. I hope a DropBox link works. Let me know, please.
DVDEject
DVDPlay
RockConcerts

(2020-10-20, 16:48)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 13:46)pierocol Wrote:

Wyrm

@pierocol ,

was something I just quickly threw together, so was expecting I might have to add other flag images. Let me know what’s missing and I will add for the next release.

Wyrm
I found that I also have a Nina Simone high def album (192 kHz, 24 bit flac) and indeed also the 192 kHz flag image is missing. In summary, in order to correctly display the standard high definition file formats you would need to add the flag images for 88.2 kHz and 192 kHz. I do not know if it would be overdone, but in order to highlight that a file is so-called "high resolution" or "high definition", therefore with a resolution higher than the standard CD quality (16 bit, 44.1 kHz), you might want to display the semi-standard logo
(2020-10-11, 10:33)pierocol Wrote: Hello,
Thank you
Hello again,
I have been checking what I wrote here, because I had a doubt regarding what is displayed in the "Now Playing" window.
I had mentioned that, for classical music (if Genre contains "Classic"), composer, conductor and orchestra are displayed.
I checked now and actually it is not completely true.
Under the "Now Playing" label in blue, there is
Composer
Title
Artist - Conductor
Album

Therefore there is no Orchestra.

The best for classical music, provided that the files are correctly tagged with these genre-specific tags, would be

Composer
Title
Performer - Conductor - Orchestra
Album

If possible, I would suggest a check:
IF one of Performer, Conductor, Orchestra NOT EMPTY  --> Display as suggested above ELSE Display Artist (Default)

Thank you very much in advance for your consideration
(2020-10-24, 19:18)pierocol Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 16:48)wyrm Wrote:
(2020-10-20, 13:46)pierocol Wrote: Wonderful! Just tested a bit with some random high def music and found out that with one of my Dark Side of the Moon versions, 88.2 kHz and 24 bit flac, the frequency label does not appear. It works beautifully with other frequencies, 48 kHz, 96 kHz. I cannot recall at the moment if I have something at 192 kHz
@pierocol ,

Wyrm
I found that I also have a Nina Simone high def album (192 kHz, 24 bit flac) and indeed also the 192 kHz flag image is missing. In summary, in order to correctly display the standard high definition file formats you would need to add the flag images for 88.2 kHz and 192 kHz. I do not know if it would be overdone, but in order to highlight that a file is so-called "high resolution" or "high definition", therefore with a resolution higher than the standard CD quality (16 bit, 44.1 kHz), you might want to display the semi-standard logo

@pierocol 

Can do up a 88.2 and 192 kHz flags easy enough, you could even easily add them to the skin, but the Hi-res image would definitely have to wait for next version of the skin. That would require additional code to display, resolution and frequency flags are read directly from Kodi and used to read an appropriate names file from the extras directory. Will get onto new flag images as soon as I get a chance. Next version of skin will have to wait until I have caught up on something’s in real life.

Wyrm
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Announcing new skin, AppTV (xTV-SAF reboot)1