• 172(current)
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)
IS this skin now dead for Version 19 (Matrix) of Kodi?

Hope not as I love the customization allowed using it.

Thank you,
Mark
Due to Matrix only allowing Python 3 addons an skin API bump has been recently done so only skins submitted to the Matrix repo can run, this has been done as many skins rely on helper scripts that still use Python 2 and so will not work on v19 Matrix, this affects all skins used in conjunction with v19 whether in the repo or not, however it's simple to correct. To re-enable Xonfluence you will need to locate the addon.xml and make sure the follow line specifies version="5.15.0" to work on v19.

xml:
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Note - that if you do this and Xonfluence does use Python 2 scripts then things may not work properly, however if you've already been using Xonfluence with recent builds of v19 then you should be ok.
Hi guys,
I have AndroidTV / kodi 18.7 Leia and this great skin Xonflunece.
All works great only startup is annoying.

The reason is, each time when I start kodi , after 1st screen when shows KODI 18.7 , 2nd screen pops up - when some 'blue thunders are playing around' following with some sound which is so high that all in a house and in the neighborhood knows that Im on kodi?!@

Question is how (and where) to either reduce that sound on reasonable volume level or (even better) disable startup sound (blue thunders can stay & play Wink
(2020-08-10, 08:25)nokiae60bgd Wrote: Hi guys,
I have AndroidTV / kodi 18.7 Leia and this great skin Xonflunece.
All works great only startup is annoying.

The reason is, each time when I start kodi , after 1st screen when shows KODI 18.7 , 2nd screen pops up - when some 'blue thunders are playing around' following with some sound which is so high that all in a house and in the neighborhood knows that Im on kodi?!@

Question is how (and where) to either reduce that sound on reasonable volume level or (even better) disable startup sound (blue thunders can stay & play Wink
Thx to @kamby19 hint, I managed to find a solution for this!

Awsome
Looks like the OP hasn't been active since December 2019. So unless he decides to pop on, hopefully one of you guys that maybe considers yourself a guru of sorts can help me out here...

Regardless of the skin, this may be a core software related question. But maybe there's a theme setting that allows it to be done that I don't know about...

But on system boot with the number of menus I have set.

It defaults to music. Showing me the addon shortcuts below. But how can I get it to do that with TV shows?

Now if I add one more category / menu item. It defaults to TV. But I don't want to do that just to get at the land on TV shows, so does anybody know of a setting in the theme that will have it Land on TV shows on Startup regardless of the number of main menu items that I have.

And I don't mean open up the menu item itself. But just land on it showing me my addon shortcuts. But still if I want to, allowing me to scroll left or right to the other menu items.

Ty.
(2020-08-21, 09:26)MoreBloodWine Wrote: Looks like the OP hasn't been active since December 2019. So unless he decides to pop on, hopefully one of you guys that maybe considers yourself a guru of sorts can help me out here...

Regardless of the skin, this may be a core software related question. But maybe there's a theme setting that allows it to be done that I don't know about...

But on system boot with the number of menus I have set.

It defaults to music. Showing me the addon shortcuts below. But how can I get it to do that with TV shows?

Now if I add one more category / menu item. It defaults to TV. But I don't want to do that just to get at the land on TV shows, so does anybody know of a setting in the theme that will have it Land on TV shows on Startup regardless of the number of main menu items that I have.

And I don't mean open up the menu item itself. But just land on it showing me my addon shortcuts. But still if I want to, allowing me to scroll left or right to the other menu items.

Ty.
Skin Settings > General Settings > Home Screen Options

Very first option there is "Default Focused Menu Item".

Set to whatever you want it to land on without opening it after boot.
Hi,
I'm using xonfluence skin with Leia 18.8.

Is it possible to link the Main Home Menu Bar to certain addon sections? 
For example: Link MOVIES on the Main Home Menu Bar, to the Movie section from an addon?
or:
Link TV SHOWS on the Main Home Menu Bar to the TV SHOWS section of an addon?

If so, where is the option to do so?

I looked in Skin Settings but but do not see the option.

**Note: When I click SYSTEM on the Main Home Menu Bar, it links to Xonfluence Change your Settings window.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Bob
(2020-09-23, 18:54)rvf263 Wrote: Hi,

For example: Link MOVIES on the Main Home Menu Bar, to the Movie section from an addon?
or:

**Note: When I click SYSTEM on the Main Home Menu Bar, it links to Xonfluence Change your Settings window.

Bob

If I understand what you want correctly you can do this by making it a "Favourite".  You can then add it to your Main Menu via System, Skin Settings, Home Menu & select any 'vacant' Menu Item.  In Select Menu Item scroll down to "Selected-Favourites" and select the favourite you want as a part of your Main Menu.  You can also create your own 'sub menus" and finish off with your own background pics and sets of short cuts that you have created.

I hope this makes sense for you.
(2020-07-01, 14:41)jjd-uk Wrote: Due to Matrix only allowing Python 3 addons an skin API bump has been recently done so only skins submitted to the Matrix repo can run, this has been done as many skins rely on helper scripts that still use Python 2 and so will not work on v19 Matrix, this affects all skins used in conjunction with v19 whether in the repo or not, however it's simple to correct. To re-enable Xonfluence you will need to locate the addon.xml and make sure the follow line specifies version="5.15.0" to work on v19.

xml:
import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"/>

Note - that if you do this and Xonfluence does use Python 2 scripts then things may not work properly, however if you've already been using Xonfluence with recent builds of v19 then you should be ok.
okay maybe clarify this for everybody?

Can I use Xonfluence when I update an existing install that is running 18.8 and Xonfluence?
Can I use Xonfluence on a fresh install?

And if so in both cases: do I need to do anything?
Thank you, much appreciated!

(2020-09-30, 03:34)Thomfam Wrote:
(2020-09-23, 18:54)rvf263 Wrote: Hi,

or:

Bob

If I understand what you want correctly you can do this by making it a "Favourite".  You can then add it to your Main Menu via System, Skin Settings, Home Menu & select any 'vacant' Menu Item.  In Select Menu Item scroll down to "Selected-Favourites" and select the favourite you want as a part of your Main Menu.  You can also create your own 'sub menus" and finish off with your own background pics and sets of short cuts that you have created.

I hope this makes sense for you.
(2020-10-05, 21:00)bartmans Wrote: okay maybe clarify this for everybody?

Can I use Xonfluence when I update an existing install that is running 18.8 and Xonfluence?
Can I use Xonfluence on a fresh install?

And if so in both cases: do I need to do anything?
Hey bartsman, so to my understanding it wont be possible to use Xonfluence with Kodi Matrix. At least not untill somebody updates the skin to the latest Kodi Release. It doesnt really matter whether you update or do a fresh install. v19 onward will not support Python 2 and therefore render everything that is not compatible with python 3 as broken. I do know Xonfluence is heavy on the helper scripts side, it has quite a lot of them. However I have no idea which areas of the skin will actually be affected and therefore need updating. I sure hope somebody will start updating this skin as we all really appreciate its flexibility and layout.

However there seems to be a way to "re-enable" the skin as descriped above. Just be aware that this is not really a solution to the problem. Its more like a loophole to get passed the gatekeeper. The areas in which Xonfluence relies on python 2 rather than on python 3 will still not be working and can potentially interfere with the functionality. On the other hand Matrix is Alpha so breaking things and things not working are integral parts of that release.

So it seems to me the best to do for now is either stay on 18.8 and use Xonfluence or update and switch skin.
I hope this helps.
Just want to drop a note for maintaining this skin, I have been using this skin for aeons since it's interface is simple and there's a kiosk mode which is perfect for setting up for my parent, recently wanted to upgrade to leia have to dig through and find this thread, download the zip and install the latest skin works great, thank you.
has anyone been successful with this hack?

import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"

I tried to upgrade to nightly Matrix and xonfluence but some dependencies still seem to use python 2 which is deprecated in Matrix.

And is xonfluence development dead at the moment? If so, is there anyone hopefully willing/able to resurrect xonfluence on Matrix?

Thilo

PS: the out of the box kodi skin is totally overloaded ... they know how to program a superb videoplayer but somehow they seem to have missed gui design classes Wink
(2020-10-27, 14:48)tomjones69 Wrote: has anyone been successful with this hack?

import addon="xbmc.gui" version="5.15.0"

I tried to upgrade to nightly Matrix and xonfluence but some dependencies still seem to use python 2 which is deprecated in Matrix.

And is xonfluence development dead at the moment? If so, is there anyone hopefully willing/able to resurrect xonfluence on Matrix?

Thilo

PS: the out of the box kodi skin is totally overloaded ... they know how to program a superb videoplayer but somehow they seem to have missed gui design classes Wink

Are you referring to Estuary, the default KODI skin?  I personally never liked it either.  It's vertically orientated, far too busy looking on the main screen (that I like simple to get to the main operating modes) and well green (I don't like most shades of green to begin with).  Some of us pleaded to get Confluence back (for awhile it didn't even work with KODI anymore even though it was the default skin since the XBMC days).  At least you can add it back now.  Xonfluence just gives a lot more options to Confluence. 

The only thing in Leia that doesn't work quite right with Xonfluence is the new search engine (no default compatible Cinema Vision mode either for all its options, but that only takes like two lines of code inserted to make that work) and gives plain results since Xonfluence isn't updated to take advantage of it.  It's a shame if it doesn't work in Matrix.  It's one of the few skins I like.  I tried a LOT of skins.  Most have terrible viewing modes for the lists (I liked Media Info 3 so I can see both artworks and most seem to just ditch that mode.  Worse yet, many are very slow with a dozen add-ons needed to make them display pointless eye candy that still ends up with movie lists with very little information in them. 

What's really a pain in all of them for me is adding extra information to a given movie (e.g. special edition, indicate it has a soundtrack type that KODI doesn't recognize like Atmos, DTS:X or Auro-3D.... I have to add these manually in parenthesis for all the titles to keep easy track of them since it will probably be another 5-10 years before they're actually detected.  It also lets me search for those sound modes in the search engine since apparently no one ever thought being able to search movies or shows by video resolution or audio soundtrack type might be a nice idea and suggestions on here are generally met with utter contempt or "do it yourself" type replies so you just have to deal with whatever they feel like doing.  What would really help here is if there was video ID tagging support since you could add that information and even the artwork ONCE and never have to worry about it again (like with music).  But after 14 years, video ID tagging support has never been added, even after it was discovered the music tag reader can read the tags from the video files if they're renamed, so it seemed like a relatively easy addition for a programmer, but...14 years and it's never been done.  Zero interest on the developers side, I suppose.  They ask for donations, but not suggestions.  Well, I'd donate if they'd consider adding some features many of us have requested for years.  Contempt works both ways, really.  

Scrapers in the past year or two have suddenly lost most of their previous images for unknown reasons and you have to redo the title to get whatever is offered that's newer.  I then have to add those extra tags on the end of the titles again since it cannot refresh the information without wiping out the name, image choices, etc.  It's a PITA.  The alternative is no pictures for databases that don't already have those images cached as they cannot be retrieved again (i.e. import saved database into new KODI setup and it won't have images for those titles since they aren't available any longer.  I have no idea what happened to the images worldwide.  This affected maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of all titles I have.  At least it's fixed for newer database rebuilds, at least until the next time it happens.  ID Tagging would eliminate this issue of dependence on external database scraping, of course, but no one likes that idea.

I've more recently discovered (probably due to FireTV getting larger software updates that use up more available memory) that large photo displays on systems with limited available memory for the player has been crashing KODI now (based on searches on here, it's been happening for years on such systems) if the preview icon sized art generation is on.  It must be using memory until it runs out and then crashes.  Several complained years ago.  They denied there is even a problem since the people complaining couldn't point to the exact code and it doesn't show up in the log as such.  So it's still there.  I can't load any of my vacation photos on my FireTV anymore since there's less available memory with newer software versions of FireTV and it crashes after loading 'x' number of preview pictures.  Sure it's fine if you have a ton of memory but TV type devices generally don't have anywhere near as much as desktops.  Turning off the preview icon generation mode allows the pictures to be displayed, but it also wipes out the preview pictures, making it pretty useless to pick out photos.  It even wipes them out if they were already generated even though the option says automatically generate preview icons.  Turning it off turns them ALL off, already cached or not.  Wonderful feature.  Not.  Clearly it needs to pause, clear the memory out and then continue more often rather than wait until it's out of memory and crash.  I'm no programmer and have no idea what level experience I'd need to read/adjust their code or I'd fix it myself.  It doesn't have the issue on systems with more memory (NVidia Shield or desktop with a lot of memory).  They probably wouldn't like the code or include it anyway even if I did (I've seen fixes trashed as poorly coded before like for detecting newer codecs FFMpeg didn't officially yet support and you have to wait years instead).  There's no easy way to clear cached images without ditching them ALL in the process (have fun rebuilding including those movie scraper cached images that probably won't be available if you haven't rebuilt in the past two years).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
hi - im trying to tinker in, a 3rd 'usrcolor' into the CustomFontColor.xml - i've sorted the necessary code in the other applicable xmls, but im having a little difficulty, with the string  
any help much appreciated. 

<item>  
          <label>aliceblue</label>  
          <onclick condition="String.IsEmpty(Window.Property(OSDColor))">Skin.SetString(UsrColorOne,aliceblue)</onclick>  
          <onclick condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window.Property(OSDColor))">Skin.SetString(UsrColorTwo,aliceblue)</onclick>  
          <onclick>Dialog.Close(2130)</onclick>  
</item>  

*my own throughts)  
i think ill need to change String.IsEmpty, get rid of the ! on color2, create a 3rd line - and maybe instead of (OSDColor)) - (OSDColor, something) 
<onclick condition="need help here">Skin.SetString(UsrColorThree,aliceblue)</onclick>  

any help would be greatly appreciated
  • 172(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated)13