Solved Can't Move Mouse To Player Settings
Every time I try to move my mouse over to settings on my Android TV, the settings disappear before I can get my cursor onto it.
Is there some trick to it? Does the menu need to be a bit closer to the button?

Is it possible to move the button and popup menu a bit closer? I can't grab it. Maybe the TVs too big. Confused
The skin would be perfect then.

(2020-10-19, 01:26)Dypsis Wrote: Is it possible to move the button and popup menu a bit closer? I can't grab it. Maybe the TVs too big. Confused
The skin would be perfect then.

@Dypsis, I will look into this. It will be a few days, I am on vacation without access to my development setup.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano 

Thanks, Bart. Smile
@Dypsis , I looked at the code, and I see that using a mouse is an issue, since as soon asthe focus is away from the button, the popup dialog disappears.  I need to think about how to change the behavior of this so it can be used with a mouse.  It was designed for keyboard use, and it works well with a keyboard (you just press up from the button to get to the popup dialog).  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Dypsis , if you are comfortable downloading from GitHub, I have pusehd to the Leia branch changes that make the popup menus in the video and music OSD more mouse-friendly.  With the changes, in the music OSD, now you have to click on the settings button for the popup to show up, and you can click anywhere outside of the popup menu to make it disappear.  In the video OSD, the same applies for the subtitles and settings buttons.

Please let me know if you are willing to download from GitHub to test these changes.  If not, I will push a new version to the Amber repo in a day or two.  Thanks.
(2020-10-24, 22:51)bsoriano Wrote: @Dypsis , I looked at the code, and I see that using a mouse is an issue, since as soon asthe focus is away from the button, the popup dialog disappears.  I need to think about how to change the behavior of this so it can be used with a mouse.  It was designed for keyboard use, and it works well with a keyboard (you just press up from the button to get to the popup dialog).  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Dypsis , if you are comfortable downloading from GitHub, I have pusehd to the Leia branch changes that make the popup menus in the video and music OSD more mouse-friendly.  With the changes, in the music OSD, now you have to click on the settings button for the popup to show up, and you can click anywhere outside of the popup menu to make it disappear.  In the video OSD, the same applies for the subtitles and settings buttons.

Please let me know if you are willing to download from GitHub to test these changes.  If not, I will push a new version to the Amber repo in a day or two.  Thanks.
Hi Bart.
Yes, I will test it.

How do I get it?
I download and installed it from here, but it made no difference.
I guess that is not the updated version.
(2020-10-25, 04:56)Dypsis Wrote: I download and installed it from here, but it made no difference.

@Dypsis, that is indeed the latest version. I will update the Amber repo with a new version sometime today so that you can test it. I tested extensively with a mouse yesterday and it was working. Please remember that with the updated code, you have to click on the settings button for the pop-up to appear, and you have to click anywhere outside the pop-up for it to disappear. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Dypsis , I have pushed version 3.2.106 to the Amber repo for Leia.  Please test with that version.  This post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2984458 explains the changes I made in this version.  Thanks.
(2020-10-25, 13:02)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-10-25, 04:56)Dypsis Wrote: I download and installed it from here, but it made no difference.

@Dypsis, that is indeed the latest version. I will update the Amber repo with a new version sometime today so that you can test it. I tested extensively with a mouse yesterday and it was working. Please remember that with the updated code, you have to click on the settings button for the pop-up to appear, and you have to click anywhere outside the pop-up for it to disappear. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Dypsis , I have pushed version 3.2.106 to the Amber repo for Leia.  Please test with that version.  This post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2984458 explains the changes I made in this version.  Thanks.

Hey, much better. It works. That's great. Nod And you have made the bottom section transparent now. Nice.
I also like the small add-on browsing. It was huge before. Did you change that or is it a setting somewhere?

Do you know how to turn the lyrics off after they have been turned on?
There is nothing to click on to close them.

What do the two dots indicate on the progress bar?
(2020-10-26, 03:41)Dypsis Wrote:
(2020-10-25, 13:02)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Hey, much better. It works. That's great. Nod And you have made the bottom section transparent now. Nice.
I also like the small add-on browsing. It was huge before. Did you change that or is it a setting somewhere?

Do you know how to turn the lyrics off after they have been turned on?
There is nothing to click on to close them.

What do the two dots indicate on the progress bar?
@Dypsis , thanks for confirming, I am glad it is working now.

I am not sure what you mean by "small add-on browsing", could you please post a screenshot? Thanks.

As for the lyrics, as far as I know, what you can do is go into the lyrics add-on settings and enable the option to not display the lyrics automatically.  Then, when you do want to see the lyrics, you can use the lyrics button in the music OSD.  I have not tried this, since I do not use lyrics.  Please try and let me know if it works.  Again, as far as I know, there is nothing I can do from the skin side to turn the lyrics off once they are showing.

Finally, the two dots in the progress bar is a bug.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I will ifx it in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for your reply, @bsoriano 

1. Regarding the large add-on browser icons. Prior to upgrading to the new version of the skin, the add-on browser displayed huge clunky icons, but now it is in a nice tidy list. Very nice.
I thought that there must be a setting somewhere to change the view. I can't really explain more than that as I am new to both Kodi and Android TV. Still learning.

2. Regarding the Lyrics panel. I already have the lyrics panel set to not display automatically. But if I manually open the lyrics, it opens fine, but I cannot close it.
If I use the default Estuary skin, I can close the Lyrics panel by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the lyrics panel, but the new Amber skin lyrics panel is now borderless without the close icon.

Take care...

Dypsis
(2020-10-27, 00:12)Dypsis Wrote: Thanks for your reply, @bsoriano 

1. Regarding the large add-on browser icons. Prior to upgrading to the new version of the skin, the add-on browser displayed huge clunky icons, but now it is in a nice tidy list. Very nice.
I thought that there must be a setting somewhere to change the view. I can't really explain more than that as I am new to both Kodi and Android TV. Still learning.

2. Regarding the Lyrics panel. I already have the lyrics panel set to not display automatically. But if I manually open the lyrics, it opens fine, but I cannot close it.
If I use the default Estuary skin, I can close the Lyrics panel by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the lyrics panel, but the new Amber skin lyrics panel is now borderless without the close icon.

Take care...

Dypsis
@Dypsis , thanks for the additional feedback.  I don't use lyrics, so I had not looked at the code for that.  I will include a fix in the next skin update, so that you can just press back to close the lyrics panel.  Would that be acceptable to you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-10-27, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote:

Take care...

Dypsis
@Dypsis , thanks for the additional feedback.  I don't use lyrics, so I had not looked at the code for that.  I will include a fix in the next skin update, so that you can just press back to close the lyrics panel.  Would that be acceptable to you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Yes, I guess pressing back would be OK if you can't put a close button.
(2020-10-27, 21:58)Dypsis Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 17:07)bsoriano Wrote:

Take care...

Dypsis

Regards,

Bart
Yes, I guess pressing back would be OK if you can't put a close button.
@Dypsis , thanks for confirming.  This will be in the next skin update.  And by the way, the transparent background in the music OSD is a bug, I will also fix this in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't Move Mouse To Player Settings0