How to split channels group to Kodi sections
Hi guys,
This is my first post on this forum and most of the things that were bothering me I was able to find Googleing, but this one I'm not able to sort out.
My problem is the following..
Im using Kodi to stream Live TV with the paid list. Once the list is added, I see everything in the TV section of Kodi using IPTV Simple Client.
My list is already broken to different groups so, for example, I have several groups separating live tv channels per country, I have movies in movies group, tv-series are in a separate group / and radio channels are in a separate group as well.

As you all know Kodi has sections like Movies, Tv Shows, Music, Music Videos, Games and so on.
So my question is is it possible to separate the list which I'm seeing in TV section in order that I can see (for example) TV series in TV shows group or let's say Radio channels in Radio group?

Thank you all!
Cheers
Those are actually diffent sections. You are using the PVR section, while Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos are Libraries while Games is Retro Player. So no, you need to have access to the video files. Either local, http, WebDAV or a Media Server with a plugin (example Emby, Plex or Jellyfin).

Hope that helps

Cheers,
LongMan
(2020-10-29, 01:33)LongMan Wrote: Those are actually diffent sections. You are using the PVR section, while Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos are Libraries while Games is Retro Player. So no, you need to have access to the video files. Either local, http, WebDAV or a Media Server with a plugin (example Emby, Plex or Jellyfin).

Hope that helps

Cheers,
LongMan
Hi and thank you for your suggestion. It's actually disappointing that it's not possible to do this. Sad I'm just a beginner in Kodi but I believe that this could be easily sorted out by some software update. If Simple client is used in TV section why it cant be used in other sections as well in the way that you can choose which part of the list to be displayed.
Anyway, I have one more quick question for you.. 
I will try to use the suggestions you proposed but do you think that I could achieve my goal with any of the suggestions you mentioned? Did you use any of them?
Thanks again!
Cheers
Yes I use Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos, Music and the TV section. I have my files on a NAS, I use Emby as Media Server with the Emby for Kodi addon. In addition, I use HD Homerun Tuners for Live TV.

Remember that Kodi is primarily a media player, one has to supply the media. In your case the media is supplied by your provider for use with the PVR section so that is the only way what is provided to you is used.
PVR does everything you ask

PVR offers the functionality to group channel into general channel groups and these can be however you define them.  You can separate channels into whatever categories your want, (Movies, Sport, TV, News etc)

TV and radio can also be separated onto the different main menu options and radio can have separate groups.

This is typically down when users use tuners with a full backend and not IPTV Don't expect your IPTV provider to do the work for you and I think there are applications like xteve that allow pre-processing and customization of m3u lists.

Martin
(2020-10-29, 00:28)madhorse1983 Wrote: My list is already broken to different groups so, for example, I have several groups separating live tv channels per country, I have movies in movies group, tv-series are in a separate group / and radio channels are in a separate group as well.

As you all know Kodi has sections like Movies, Tv Shows, Music, Music Videos, Games and so on.
So my question is is it possible to separate the list which I'm seeing in TV section in order that I can see (for example) TV series in TV shows group or let's say Radio channels in Radio group?

Thank you all!
Cheers
@emveepee
He wrote "Group" not "Library" so I stand with my last post.   They don't have to be grouped by country just because that is how an IPTV provider sends it.

For library support other PVR's like NextPVR do support recording to specific folders that could show recordings under the appropriate library but that wasn't the question.

Martin
Fair Enough. Now he knows what to do.

Thanks for chiming in.

Cheers,
LongMan
Hello Madhorse

I've been looking for you to contact you directly for some information on cartoon sync. Could you please contact me on DM or give me an email for contact please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to split channels group to Kodi sections0