• 7(current)
Release YouTube
Since 6.8.6 Youtube plugin didn't function for me at all ("Youtube error, see logs..." etc) throwing Python exceptions in the log.

6.8.7 from Github didn't change it.

Full debug log here: https://paste.kodi.tv/qapepenefa.kodi
Wojtek
Since yesterday (havn't tried for a couple of days, but it had worked flawlessly for months) I'm experiencing the following error:

When I try to list a YouTube folder or perform a search, the YouTube plugin responds with the error 'quotaExceeded'.
In short: YouTube login works, watching content does not.

Here is what I already did to resolve this problem:
  • restarted the plugin
  • restarted kodi
  • reinstalled the plugin
  • checked my API key data - ok
  • checked if I can (re)login - ok
  • checked my Google Cloud Platform Account: activity is visible in the dashboard, however, with a 100% error rate
  • created a new API key and reconfigured the plugin - no change, same error
  • reinstalled the plugin without keeping the configuration data (moved ~/.kodi out of the way) and reconfigured - same error
  • activated debug logging and reproduced the error (search for 'quotaExceeded')
  • log file is under this link in hastebin.
I don't know if this is actually a plugin/version problem (automatic update was activated for the plugin but not for the system) or if it is a YouTube Data API v3.0 problem. Under https://console.cloud.google.com/apis/cr...ls/consent?... in my account there is a message "Wir haben derzeit Dienstunterbrechungen und sind im Moment nicht in der Lage, Informationen zu Kontingenten bereitzustellen." which translates to
"Currently. we have a service interruption and are not able to provide information on quotas at this point of time."
This message still exists since I started to experience problems but I'm not sure if this could be the cause.

I'd very much appreciate if someone could have a look into my log file and give me a hint how to proceed from here.

System: Ubuntu 19.10
Kodi: Leia 18.7
more Details: see log file this link

Thanks,
Hans
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
I hope someone can help me here. the Youtube plugin always worked fine with my API key but suddenly since a few days I get an error message that I exceeded my quota (not daily quota).
when I click on "Playlists". I did some "investigations" into my API key and i found Queries=0 
I didn't us it for a few days and yet ...
Any ideas?
(2020-11-01, 17:28)Klojum Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
I apologize for for the inconvenience. I was not aware I had a banned plugin installed, I assume 'Ares' had been the culprit and removed it from my system. The new log where I've again reproduced the error is in this link.

Should there be more inflicting plugins please bear with me and let me know what it is and how I can get rid of it - all I can see is YouTube, the Kodi Logfile Uploader, and four "Mediathek" plugins which are from official sources.

Thank you,
Hans
Hey,

I get this error on Raspberry Pi OS. I had it on Libreelec as well. I tried MULTIPLE times. Every time I got error 403 - Client Id is incorrect. 

What can I do with that? 

Best Regards
Tomasz
I run the YouTube addon on several devices, including two identical 4K Firesticks. When Kodi 18.8 came out I did the update on one of my identically configured sticks and from that point forward about 2/3 of the time when starting a YouTube video it plays normally for about 5 or 6 seconds, then freezes for 3 or 4 seconds. When it starts playing again the audio is out of sync for a couple more seconds, then snaps back into proper synchronization. The video then plays normally to the end with no more hesitation, even very long ones. This only happens with the YouTube addon, all other Kodi video playback starts and runs normally. About 1/3 of the time YouTube videos will play without any hesitation on startup, but most times the problem does happen.

I left the second Firestick 4K on Kodi 18.7 and it plays YouTube videos with the YouTube addon perfectly... no hesitation on startup. Since then I have installed several YouTube addon updates on both sticks, with the hope this problem would go away, but it hasn't, including with the latest version, 6.8.7. A few days ago I updated the Kodi 18.8 installation to 18.9, but once again the problem still persists. The stick running Kodi 18.7 still plays YouTube videos perfectly with no hesitation on startup.

As i said at the beginning, this issue showed up as soon as I installed the Kodi 18.8 update, the first time it showed up was the very first YouTube video I watched after installing the Kodi update and rebooting the stick. I should point out that my internet connection is pretty fast, typically testing at nearly 300 Mbps with latency under 10 ms. Is anyone else seeing this or have any idea what is going on?
I can't get YouTube to work anymore. I get quota exceeded when I try to search for or start a video. I even made new api keys, but the result is the same. Anyone know what's going on?
(2020-11-02, 00:53)RedNas74 Wrote: I can't get YouTube to work anymore. I get quota exceeded when I try to search for or start a video. I even made new api keys, but the result is the same. Anyone know what's going on?

It's not Kodi related. I'm getting the same using other applications which require a Youtube API3 key.

You can check your quotas here at link below...My best guess is that the problem is a google and will be fixed shortly..

Cheers,

Gary

https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/quotas
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)
(2020-11-01, 23:59)tw_psycho Wrote: Hey,

I get this error on Raspberry Pi OS. I had it on Libreelec as well. I tried MULTIPLE times. Every time I got error 403 - Client Id is incorrect. 

What can I do with that? 

Best Regards
Tomasz
My best guess is you are receiving this...>

error
code403
message"The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href=\"/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota\">quota</a>."
errors
message"The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href=\"/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota\">quota</a>."
domain"youtube.quota"
reason"quotaExceeded"

But if you want any help from the devs, put a paste debug log
Running Kodi on Arch 64bit Linux (Leia 18.9) ,  Android Nougat (Leia 18.9) CoreELEC (S905 community builds Leia 18.9)
(2020-11-02, 02:38)gary9872 Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 00:53)RedNas74 Wrote: I can't get YouTube to work anymore. I get quota exceeded when I try to search for or start a video. I even made new api keys, but the result is the same. Anyone know what's going on?

It's not Kodi related. I'm getting the same using other applications which require a Youtube API3 key.

You can check your quotas here at link below...My best guess is that the problem is a google and will be fixed shortly..

Cheers,

Gary

https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/quotas

Guess I'll wait then to see if Google fixes it. Thanks.
@tw_psycho - your thread and post has been merged into this, the main YouTube addon support thread.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Today too, youtube plugin does't work. My kid'll kills me soon :-(
I see now that quota limit is set to 0 (https://console.developers.google.com/iam-admin/quotas). it's a normal value?

Yeah I've just an email this morning saying my quota has been pulled through lack of recent use and need to request more, only thing is they are requesting app design documents on how it interacts with the api
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0