• 9(current)
Release YouTube
(2020-11-04, 16:50)FXB78 Wrote: There is already a thread where this is being discussed here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2986467

The threads have now been merged together.

@hans@arcasys - your posts are now in this thread (the one linked above), which is the main YouTube addon support thread. Just in case you were wondering where things had gone.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
So, is there any known workaround? Why Google thinks api calls are not used and how to prevent that?
I also "Quota exceeded"
this add on is really a pain Angry
Quota exceeded or inactivity? That's not the same. In my case, Google said my project has been shut down because 3 months of inactivity
Inactivity is just the excuse google used. I believe that most people with this problem actually had activity. Quota exceeded is the error message we all see, so pretty sure it's the same issue.   Google simply identified people who were accessing youtube in a way they didn't like so they shut everyone down. 

This plugin probably either needs to be totally redone in a manner that is sanctioned by google or else just let it die.  Streaming youtube probably needs to be either on streaming stick or box with official youtube plugin or by exiting Kodi and using web browser.
(2020-11-06, 22:05)bluzee Wrote: Streaming youtube probably needs to be either on streaming stick or box with official youtube plugin or by exiting Kodi and using web browser.

Kodi will have a web browser built in, it seems that AlwinEsch resumed his wonderful work on it.

https://github.com/AlwinEsch/web.browser...-716184537

So it seems very likely that we will be able to access youtube and other sites INSIDE Kodi through their websites.

(2020-11-06, 22:05)bluzee Wrote: Inactivity is just the excuse google used. I believe that most people with this problem actually had activity. Quota exceeded is the error message we all see, so pretty sure it's the same issue.   Google simply identified people who were accessing youtube in a way they didn't like so they shut everyone down. 

This plugin probably either needs to be totally redone in a manner that is sanctioned by google or else just let it die.  Streaming youtube probably needs to be either on streaming stick or box with official youtube plugin or by exiting Kodi and using web browser.

That was expected. Google will never allow any 3rd party access, especially without displaying ads every 5 minutes. The only way is act as browser to cheat Google, as youtube-dl and any other similar software does. Old YouTube plugin for Kodi was designed to work that way. As long as Kodi wants to be 100% safe, I think there's no way. Unless somebody develop 3rd party plugin considred as not allowed here
(2020-11-03, 19:19)anxdpanic Wrote: ...
@sus67
Settings - Folders - Retrieve Watch Later playlist id
If that fails, set Settings - Folders - Custom Watch Later playlist id to " WL" including the space, without the quotes
@anxdpanic
tried this multiple times, followed the dialogs. Got same message "playlistNotFound" if adding videos to Watch Later in Kodi. Hoping you can lead me to find right way.
https://paste.kodi.tv/fosivefina.kodi

(In the video two passes in the background, I added videos via web)
(2020-11-07, 01:40)giaur Wrote:
(2020-11-06, 22:05)bluzee Wrote: Inactivity is just the excuse google used. I believe that most people with this problem actually had activity. Quota exceeded is the error message we all see, so pretty sure it's the same issue.   Google simply identified people who were accessing youtube in a way they didn't like so they shut everyone down. 

That was expected. Google will never allow any 3rd party access, especially without displaying ads every 5 minutes. The only way is act as browser to cheat Google, as youtube-dl and any other similar software does. Old YouTube plugin for Kodi was designed to work that way. As long as Kodi wants to be 100% safe, I think there's no way. Unless somebody develop 3rd party plugin considred as not allowed here
That's pretty much my conclusion as well. It's disappointing because I do pay for Youtube premium so it really shouldn't matter when it comes to my usage, I'm not distributing to anyone else, and my experience with using this addon is identical to my Youtube experience anywhere else.... BUT I get their point as well. It is what it is.
Afaik there's no any public api for premium users. You are still forced to use original app.
(2020-11-02, 02:43)gary9872 Wrote:
(2020-11-01, 23:59)tw_psycho Wrote: Hey,

I get this error on Raspberry Pi OS. I had it on Libreelec as well. I tried MULTIPLE times. Every time I got error 403 - Client Id is incorrect. 

What can I do with that? 

Best Regards
Tomasz
My best guess is you are receiving this...>

error
code403
message"The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href=\"/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota\">quota</a>."
errors
message"The request cannot be completed because you have exceeded your <a href=\"/youtube/v3/getting-started#quota\">quota</a>."
domain"youtube.quota"
reason"quotaExceeded"

But if you want any help from the devs, put a paste debug log

Now I get error 401 - invalid client id. Is there any solution for that?
Thumbs Up 
@all
who has "Quota exceeded" need delete project which was stopped by good.
Create new project and generate new api keys.
Then uninstall youtube plugin and install again
and put all needed data.
After Sign in and all success will YT plugin again working.
(2020-11-07, 11:21)sus67 Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 19:19)anxdpanic Wrote: ...
@sus67
Settings - Folders - Retrieve Watch Later playlist id
If that fails, set Settings - Folders - Custom Watch Later playlist id to " WL" including the space, without the quotes
@anxdpanic
tried this multiple times, followed the dialogs. Got same message "playlistNotFound" if adding videos to Watch Later in Kodi. Hoping you can lead me to find right way.
https://paste.kodi.tv/fosivefina.kodi

(In the video two passes in the background, I added videos via web)
Exact problems here, also tried the above methods cannot fix.
(2020-11-08, 18:55)kentworld Wrote: @all
who has "Quota exceeded" need delete project which was stopped by good.
Create new project and generate new api keys.
Then uninstall youtube plugin and install again
and put all needed data.
After Sign in and all success will YT plugin again working.

This did not work for me. Created new project, complete fresh install of libreelec with youtube addon 6.8.7, enter api keys, sign in, reboot, ...
still get quota exceeded
Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and a fresh install of KODI and this YouTube add-on. But now when I try to watch videos they will pause for a split second every minute or two. It makes it impossible to use.
I tried lowering the stream quality to 480 and increasing the cache but neither of these helped. Any help would be appreciated.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0