Kodi Retroplayer Input Mapping BUG
Please watch the video i have included via a megalink to see the issue i am having: https://mega.nz/file/piIXTK7L#Z9hw8W9Lt2...mHuH7klp4k

Why does this keep happening, it is driving me nuts and makes it so that I cannot play games with Retroplayer at all due to being unable to map the controls. As you can see from the clip, when i go to map the controls it starts mapping them automatically without me even pressing anything and then kodi totally flips out and i have to end kodi via task manager to use it again. I thought maybe it was ReWasd interfering with it, which is a third party controller mapping software that i use regularly, but even after closing ReWasd completely, i am still having the issue, so it cannot be that. Any ideas or help here?

(Windows 10, Kodi Version: 18.9/Aura Skin, 24gb's of Ram/AMD 5700XT/i9-9900K, Official Sony PS4 controller via wired connection)
A proper debug log might offer a clue. Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)
(2020-11-11, 19:05)PatK Wrote: A proper debug log might offer a clue. Add-on:Keymap Editor (wiki)
https://paste.ee/p/4oESF
FTL: Alas, I see scripts, wizards and add-ons that is in violation of the forums rules which you agreed to when you signed up Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) While Team Kodi does not regulate what users install or use, we offer no support when your install includes add-ons that violate the forum rules. And it's very likely that it's these 'extras' that are at the root of the issue.
(2020-11-11, 23:06)PatK Wrote: FTL: Alas, I see scripts, wizards and add-ons that is in violation of the forums rules whihc you agreed top when you signed up Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) While Team Kodi does not regulate what users install or use, we offer no support when your install includes add-ons that violate the forum rules. And it's very likely that it's these 'extras' that are at the root of the issue.
Yeah, i highly fucking doubt it lol. None of the unofficial add ons i have installed have anything to do in slightest with kodi retroplayer or what makes up the input mapping structure of your software. I love kodi but you guys are internet nazi's. I have no problem uninstalling some of these add ons you guys have problems with, but dont tell me it has anything to do with the problem i presented you because it doesnt lol, i had this problem before a single unofficial add on got installed, its something that you are just choosing to not look into because you saw i have some unofficial add ons installed lol
(2020-11-12, 00:02)eirrocmh Wrote:
(2020-11-11, 23:06)PatK Wrote: FTL: Alas, I see scripts, wizards and add-ons that is in violation of the forums rules whihc you agreed top when you signed up Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) While Team Kodi does not regulate what users install or use, we offer no support when your install includes add-ons that violate the forum rules. And it's very likely that it's these 'extras' that are at the root of the issue.
Yeah, i highly fucking doubt it lol. None of the unofficial add ons i have installed have anything to do in slightest with kodi retroplayer or what makes up the input mapping structure of your software. I love kodi but you guys are internet nazi's. I have no problem uninstalling some of these add ons you guys have problems with, but dont tell me it has anything to do with the problem i presented you because it doesnt lol, i had this problem before a single unofficial add on got installed, its something that you are just choosing to not look into because you saw i have some unofficial add ons installed lol
Alright man, so i just did a completely fresh and clean install of kodi, got rid of all the unsupported add-ons and i can provide proof of that if need be, and im still having the  same problem. So rather than just bitch and complain about me, how about you get to work on a fix and then let me know what i must do to solve my issue, yeah?
(2020-11-12, 02:10)eirrocmh Wrote: how about you get to work on a fix and then let me know what i must do to solve my issue, yeah?
Are you kidding?? We don't work for you. As far as I am concerned you can solve your own problem.

This is a family friendly forum, so we don't appreciate the swearing!
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-12, 02:10)eirrocmh Wrote: So rather than just bitch and complain about me, how about you get to work on a fix

If you think that calling us nazis and ordering us to "get to work" is something that will motivate us, then your perception of people is totally twisted.
Tone down your crap attitude, or your stay at this forum could be shortened very quickly.
(2020-11-12, 08:39)Klojum Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 02:10)eirrocmh Wrote: So rather than just bitch and complain about me, how about you get to work on a fix

If you think that calling us nazis and ordering us to "get to work" is something that will motivate us, then your perception of people is totally twisted.
Tone down your crap attitude, or your stay at this forum could be shortened very quickly.
Why does this forum even exist if you guys are not here to help us when we have technical issues with the software you created for us? I truly did get rid of all the unsupported add-ons, and many of them I wasn't even aware were third party/unsupported by the Dev's of Kodi until yesterday. I accept the criticism on my swearing, but I stand by my problem with having mods here offer extremely lazy response's blaming the bug on unsupported add-ons when that isnt the case
(2020-11-12, 23:01)eirrocmh Wrote: Why does this forum even exist if you guys are not here to help us when we have technical issues with the software you created for us?
We are a volunteer forum, which is very, very different to a help desk. It is a place where users can get together and discuss and help.

When you consider the number of platforms that Kodi runs on, the different types of hardware all with their own distinct operating systems, the possible combination of problems is endless. Not all problems can be solved by us.

I don't use games or these fancy controllers, so I and the other moderators here don't have the experience, nor the hardware, to figure out the problem. So the end result is you need to wait for a developer to help or another forum member.

My only advice is don't use a mouse while accessing the settings pages (or kodi at all). Mouse use is limited. Use a keyboard to access settings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-12, 23:11)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-12, 23:01)eirrocmh Wrote: Why does this forum even exist if you guys are not here to help us when we have technical issues with the software you created for us?
We are a volunteer forum, which is very, very different to a help desk. It is a place where users can get together and discuss and help.

When you consider the number of platforms that Kodi runs on, the different types of hardware all with their own distinct operating systems, the possible combination of problems is endless. Not all problems can be solved by us.

I don't use games or these fancy controllers, so I and the other moderators here don't have the experience, nor the hardware, to figure out the problem. So the end result is you need to wait for a developer to help or another forum member.

My only dvice is don't use a mouse while accessing the settings pages (or kodi at all). Mouse use is limited. Use a keyboard to access settings.
Fair enough, and I apologize for the attitude and cussing in my previous responses. To be honest, I guess i was not fully aware of what this forum actually is or how it operates until this reply you just offered. I was under the impression that all of the mods here were Dev's who could literally code and work on troubleshooting/fixing presented issues with the software. I have a better understanding now of how this works. The video i included shows me fully using my controller, not once did i use a mouse during the process. Still, i appreciate the help and the information you have provided me regarding the forum, it is useful. Have a good evening and thanks for the patience you had with me
@eirrocmh it looks like your analog stick might be doing all that mess.
Check this page: https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:PlayStation_4_controller

Try with Ignore the input option for your Dreamcast controller and first just slightly move the stick to recognize which button/stick has analog control behind it. Then continue configuring the analog stick.
(2020-12-13, 02:40)alca3z Wrote: @eirrocmh it looks like your analog stick might be doing all that mess.

Try with Ignore the input option for your Dreamcast controller and first just slightly move the stick to recognize which button/stick has analog control behind it. Then continue configuring the analog stick.
Thanks for this, I will give a try tonight and let you know how it went
(2020-12-19, 00:28)eirrocmh Wrote:
(2020-12-13, 02:40)alca3z Wrote: Image@eirrocmh it looks like your analog stick might be doing all that mess.

Thanks for this, I will give a try tonight and let you know how it went
Here is a screenshot of what happens when i hit ignore input for any controller i try and map, it shows so many buttons, more than my ps4 controller even has on it, so thats really confusing and im not sure where all these bad inputs are coming from lol

https://ibb.co/s60bq5G

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Retroplayer Input Mapping BUG0