v18 Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?
I am using the default The Movie DB Movie scraper and noticed some problems where cast and director info went missing from recently scanned movies.

After that I decided to nuke my Windows Kodi and reinstall, which is kind of my test bed for the real one on another device. After rescanning the library, I noticed again some missing cast/director info and some movies were suddenly complete mismatches... I know it's probably impossible to keep the matches stable (so that once matched would mean forever matched) because data on sites also keeps changing.

So I'm now trying the new Python The Movie DB scraper and that seems to be working better, actually! So I might switch to that.

Also, side idea: there should be some more standard/simple way for me to add IMDB / TheMovieDB ID into the .mkv files than this:
Quote:An attachment named kodi-override-metadata will be scanned as a url nfo if combined with specifying IMDB/TMDB url. if alone, you get an override nfo
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_file_tagging
Some problems... some missing info... some movies... It's all too vague.

Start with providing a debug log (wiki) so we can see what you are trying to achieve.
(2020-11-13, 00:00)T4ffer Wrote: Also, side idea: there should be some more standard/simple way for me to add IMDB / TheMovieDB ID into the .mkv files than this:
I don't recommend using that. Other users have reported problems with that method.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I thought it was a widespread issue probably affecting everyone since I'm not seeing any cast/director info on newly scanned movies. But I'll try to provide a debug.log.

[edit] aargh, I have to do it tomorrow, I was experimenting with switching the scrapers and accidentally cleaned the whole library a couple of times now it's rescanning everything again, will be an hour...
I am using the stock Movie DB Movie scraper and have the same problem where cast and director info missing from newly scanned movies.  Glad to hear I am not the only one again. I practically pulled my hair out fixing the scraping when they had the recent issue with none of the artwork scraping. It seems best to wait these issues out lately.
Here is my debug log. https://paste.kodi.tv/ineqiturag.kodi
Note that I removed some lines of scanning that continued after the problematic movie "Beginners" because it revealed basically huge chunk of what my library content is. All there was was skipped /Extras/ folders.

Anyway after this scrape from this log, the movie "Beginners" has no director or cast info.
(2020-11-13, 02:19)T4ffer Wrote: Here is my debug log. https://paste.kodi.tv/ineqiturag.kodi
Thanks for that. I can confirm your issue and it does look like something has changed at TheMovieDB. This is something that @olympia would need to look at.

I also tested using the Python version of TheMovieDB scraper and actors, writers and directors are all scraped fine. Up to you if you want to swap over or wait for a fix.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I Have the same problem when i add a movie. Cast is not available. I´m Scraping with tmdb movie scraper. At Pyton the same, no cast.......
Same here - tried out 4 different scrapers (tmdb universal and tmdb python and and the. hu one), all with the same result: "cast not available".
this might not be a general problem but it obvioulsy affects more people
Update: only the tmdb scraper does not work.
It cannot be deactivated and I had 2 active scraper at the same time. After going to the files conext menu and changing the scraper there I can confirm hat the universal scraper works fine.
Hi,
Same issue for me. Cast and Crew info and their thumbnails are not getting scraped using the TMDB scraper. Something definitely changed at TMDB's end. Even few days back it was working fine. Could someone please advise?

NOTE: The TMDB Python scraper is working fine.
(2020-11-13, 19:55)ShibajiCh Wrote: NOTE: The TMDB Python scraper is working fine.

TMDB Python is also not working for me. I hope for a quick fix.
(2020-11-13, 20:22)rebirth75 Wrote:
(2020-11-13, 19:55)ShibajiCh Wrote: NOTE: The TMDB Python scraper is working fine.

TMDB Python is also not working for me. I hope for a quick fix.
Without a debug log, there isn't much hope for any fix, especially when others are reporting that scraper is working.
Same here Smile
Hi Olympia,
Any updates on when this issue with the TMDB scraper might get fixed? Please advise.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there something up with The Movie DB Movie scraper at the moment?0