• 13(current)
Beta Up Next
(2020-11-15, 02:36)Hitcher Wrote: You can simply press enter when it pops up.

Yes, I know that Hitcher, but I'm not always close to the keyboard/remote. As many have mentioned here, yet seem to have been ignored, some shows have long credit sequences of upwards of a minute or two. I, and I assume those others here who have mentioned it, would rather not have to sit through those credits and get on with the next episode. Frankly, I don't know why this feature was not included in the first place. Based on all the mentions of making Kodi similar to Netflix in addons such as this it would seem, at least to me, that having the ability to set a maximum time for the 'Playing Next' notification to show before continuing to the next episode would be a natural given. Considering that the Netflix 'Playing Next' notification only shows for around six seconds or so.
(2020-11-15, 16:28)Shipwreck Wrote:

Yes, I know that Hitcher, but I'm not always close to the keyboard/remote. As many have mentioned here, yet seem to have been ignored, some shows have long credit sequences of upwards of a minute or two. I, and I assume those others here who have mentioned it, would rather not have to sit through those credits and get on with the next episode. Frankly, I don't know why this feature was not included in the first place. Based on all the mentions of making Kodi similar to Netflix in addons such as this it would seem, at least to me, that having the ability to set a maximum time for the 'Playing Next' notification to show before continuing to the next episode would be a natural given. Considering that the Netflix 'Playing Next' notification only shows for around six seconds or so.
I've not seen anyone else request this feature, and to be honest it seems like it wouldn't work very well. Netflix shows the Next Up once the credits play which is specific for each show, but Kodi has no way of knowing when the credits are playing. So you'd end up setting the Next Up for say, 1 minute before the end of a show, but if that show only has 30 seconds of credits you'd miss the end of the show. There's much less margin for error using it the way it currently works.
(2020-11-15, 17:24)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 16:28)Shipwreck Wrote:

I've not seen anyone else request this feature, and to be honest it seems like it wouldn't work very well. Netflix shows the Next Up once the credits play which is specific for each show, but Kodi has no way of knowing when the credits are playing. So you'd end up setting the Next Up for say, 1 minute before the end of a show, but if that show only has 30 seconds of credits you'd miss the end of the show. There's much less margin for error using it the way it currently works.
Have you read this entire discussion FX?
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2944932

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2905252

That's just two of the many I have seen. and the first one has asked several times. I've also seen the question on other sites such as Facebook and on Reddit.
Kodi obviously has a way of know how long the playing time is. If it didn't then how would you be able to set the minimum time for the notification to show at 30 seconds, or a minute before the end of the playing time? It also knows to automatically play the next episode at the end of the current episode. So surely, it must be possible to code it so that you set the notification to appear at say 60 seconds before the end of playing time, then the notification to appear for say 10 seconds (or whatever you set it at) and then skip to the next episode, as it would at the end of the play time. If the addon needs the file to play until the end of the play time then it could be coded for the notification to appear at 30 seconds before end of play time, then after say 10 seconds skip to 2 seconds before the end of play time.
You are missing the point, what if your show has only 20 seconds of credits, and you set it to play the next episode with 50 seconds remaining (60 secs minus the 10 it shows the notification). In that scenario you're missing the last 30 seconds of the show. So the current way leaves it in the users hands to simply press one button to play the next episode.
(2020-11-15, 18:02)FXB78 Wrote: You are missing the point, what if your show has only 20 seconds of credits, and you set it to play the next episode with 50 seconds remaining (60 secs minus the 10 it shows the notification). In that scenario you're missing the last 30 seconds of the show. So the current way leaves it in the users hands to simply press one button to play the next episode.
No FX, you're missing the point. The majority of shows run credits for a minimum of 30 seconds, which would explain why the default setting for the notification to pop up is 30 seconds. I say minimum 30 seconds, because I have yet to see any show or movie with credits that run less than that, in fact most credits run for well over 60 seconds. Having a minimum and maximum setting would allow users to play with the settings to find a happy medium of when the notification appears, and how long it stays up before playing the next file.
The addon already calculates the file's playing time, and uses that with the settings the user selects.
An example of what I'm referring to... In the settings.xml this code sets the auto play time length:
xml:
<category label="30600"> <!-- Behaviour -->
        <setting label="30603" type="enum" id="autoPlayMode" lvalues="30040|30041" default="0"/>
        <setting label="30032" type="bool" id="enablePlaylist" default="false"/>
        <setting label="30605" type="bool" id="includeWatched" default="false"/>
        <setting label="30607" type="slider" id="playedInARow" default="3" range="0,1,15" option="int"/>
        <setting label="30609" type="lsep"/> <!-- Autoplay duration -->
        <setting label="30611" type="bool" id="customAutoPlayTime" default="true"/>
        <setting label="30613" type="slider" id="autoPlaySeasonTime" default="30" range="0,5,120" option="int" subsetting="true" visible="eq(-1,false)"/>
        <setting label="30615" type="slider" id="autoPlayTimeXS" default="15" range="0,5,120" option="int" subsetting="true" visible="eq(-2,true)"/>
        <setting label="30617" type="slider" id="autoPlayTimeS" default="30" range="0,5,120" option="int" subsetting="true" visible="eq(-3,true)"/>
        <setting label="30619" type="slider" id="autoPlayTimeM" default="40" range="0,5,120" option="int" subsetting="true" visible="eq(-4,true)"/>
        <setting label="30621" type="slider" id="autoPlayTimeL" default="50" range="0,5,120" option="int" subsetting="true" visible="eq(-5,true)"/>
        <setting label="30623" type="slider" id="autoPlayTimeXL" default="60" range="0,5,120" option="int" subsetting="true" visible="eq(-6,true)"/>
    </category>

The code in the xml file calls to the python scripts to execute the proper function, such as:

python:
# Some consumers send the offset when the credits start (e.g. Netflix)
        if total_time and self.data.get('notification_offset'):
            return total_time - int(self.data.get('notification_offset'))

# Use a customized notification time, when configured
        if total_time and get_setting_bool('customAutoPlayTime'):
            if total_time > 60 * 60:
                return get_setting_int('autoPlayTimeXL')
            if total_time > 40 * 60:
                return get_setting_int('autoPlayTimeL')
            if total_time > 20 * 60:
                return get_setting_int('autoPlayTimeM')
            if total_time > 10 * 60:
                return get_setting_int('autoPlayTimeS')
            return get_setting_int('autoPlayTimeXS')

In the script.py file for UpNext I found this code:

python:
def test_popup(window):
    popup = TestPopup(window, addon_path(), 'default', '1080i')
    popup.show()
    step = 0
    wait = 100
    wait_s = wait / 1000
    timeout = 10000
    monitor = Monitor()
    while popup and step < timeout and not monitor.abortRequested():
        if popup.pause:
            continue
        monitor.waitForAbort(wait_s)
        popup.update_progress_control(timeout, wait)
        step += wait

If I'm correct the timeout setting is possibly the time the window remains visible, or waits for the user to perform an action or not, such as pressing the enter key to play the next episode now or not....
From the playbackmanager.py file I see this code:

python:
def extract_play_info(self, next_up_page, showing_next_up_page, showing_still_watching_page, still_watching_page):
        if showing_next_up_page:
            next_up_page.close()
            should_play_default = not next_up_page.is_cancel()
            should_play_non_default = next_up_page.is_watch_now()
        elif showing_still_watching_page:
            still_watching_page.close()
            should_play_default = still_watching_page.is_still_watching()
            should_play_non_default = still_watching_page.is_still_watching()

So.... In the XML file, adding code to allow the user to set a maximum time for the window to show, in addition to the minimum time for the window to appear. This would make the call to the python script, most likely the playbackmanager.py or the monitor.py file, to the new code such as:

pthyon:
 event(message='NEXTUPWATCHEDSIGNAL', data=dict(episodeid=self.state.current_episode_id), encoding='base64')
        if playlist_item or self.state.queued:
try:
            play_time = self.player.getTime()
            total_time = self.player.getMAXTime()
            # Play playlist media
            if should_play_default:
                     self.player.playnext()

I added the code 'total_time = self.player.getMAXTime()' as an example. The MAXTime definition would have to be set of course, and would be set by the user's choice in the maximum time setting....

I'm not saying it would be easy, I don;t know if it would be or not. I know there would need to be at least two files that need to be modified, most likely more from what I'm seeing by going through the files to find out how it works. I use to code with C and C++ waaaaaay back in the day, but have never played with python. So I'm not familiar with how it all works... But I know this could be done.
Of course it can be done, but the reason it's probably not been done is that it saves one button press, and in turn doesn't really improve anything as show credits vary too much. If your show has 2 minutes worth of credits are you going to wait 1 minute 40 seconds because you don't have the remote handy? Easier to just skip forward a minute and press watch now. I can't be bothered arguing about it, in my opinion it solves nothing, but if you want to try and get it implemented then good luck.
(2020-11-15, 22:52)FXB78 Wrote: Of course it can be done, but the reason it's probably not been done is that it saves one button press, and in turn doesn't really improve anything as show credits vary too much. If your show has 2 minutes worth of credits are you going to wait 1 minute 40 seconds because you don't have the remote handy? Easier to just skip forward a minute and press watch now. I can't be bothered arguing about it, in my opinion it solves nothing, but if you want to try and get it implemented then good luck.

Some people, like my mother and aunt, are older and can't move around as easily as younger people. So reaching for the remote or keyboard to make that "one button press" every 30 or 40 minutes can be difficult. So yes, they do end up sitting there waiting for the credits to finish and the next file to play. 
You don't feel the need for the function, fine, but I and many others would like the function. So if you don't want the function, or have anything productive to suggest regarding the issue, why even comment about it at all? Go watch your credits, and let those of us who would like the function discuss it and try to find a way to implement it.
(2020-11-15, 23:54)Shipwreck Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 22:52)FXB78 Wrote: Of course it can be done, but the reason it's probably not been done is that it saves one button press, and in turn doesn't really improve anything as show credits vary too much. If your show has 2 minutes worth of credits are you going to wait 1 minute 40 seconds because you don't have the remote handy? Easier to just skip forward a minute and press watch now. I can't be bothered arguing about it, in my opinion it solves nothing, but if you want to try and get it implemented then good luck.
Go watch your credits, and let those of us who would like the function discuss it and try to find a way to implement it.
I don't watch credits, I have a remote control  Huh
(2020-11-16, 00:20)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 23:54)Shipwreck Wrote:
Go watch your credits, and let those of us who would like the function discuss it and try to find a way to implement it.
I don't watch credits, I have a remote control  Huh
Good for you. Won't do ya much good if you end up with back or hip problems and can't reach for it every 30 or 40 minutes.
Hi -
Is there a chance to get back to 1.1.2?
Because Action if nothing was chosen dos not work in 1.1.3
I tried to delete 1.1.3 then start new and installed 1.1.2
After that i see this version but with all the new things from 1.1.3 and it will still not work the right way.
So what have i to delete (and where) to get a proper 1.1.2?
(2020-11-16, 12:48)yaqwa Wrote: Hi -
Is there a chance to get back to 1.1.2?
Because Action if nothing was chosen dos not work in 1.1.3
I tried to delete 1.1.3 then start new and installed 1.1.2
After that i see this version but with all the new things from 1.1.3 and it will still not work the right way.
So what have i to delete (and where) to get a proper 1.1.2?
Yes, you can download 1.1.2 from here https://github.com/im85288/service.upnext/releases. You need to uninstall 1.1.3 and select Yes when it asks if you want to remove all userdata.

If you've already installed this version it's possible you didn't delete the userdata from 1.1.3. To fix this you could delete the folder from Kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.upnext which will remove any settings leftover from the previous version.
The "still watching" function is broken in the newest version. Just keeps playing even when it's set to stop playing. Very frustrating.
(2020-04-28, 02:54)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 10:13)Chillbo Wrote: The maximum amount that can be set for the notification to show up before the end of an episode's playback seems to be 120 seconds. Could that be increased? I've got a lot of episodes with credits longer than 3 minutes. Maybe give users the option to set a maximum period of 5 minutes to cover all possible cases?

The duration of outros can be so different. Best would be if the user can customize the time for each tv show. I already suggested this 6 months ago but got no reply.

@Kupo91 and @Chillbo  just wanted to let you know, I found a Kodi dev on Reddit who's actually willing to help with this feature. We've been working together for the past few days to get it implemented. We'll be expanding the minimum time setting for the playing next notification to appear, and adding a maximum time setting before it automatically skips to the next episode. Feel free to PM me for more information.
(2020-11-22, 15:01)Shipwreck Wrote:
(2020-04-28, 02:54)Kupo91 Wrote:
(2020-04-18, 10:13)Chillbo Wrote: The maximum amount that can be set for the notification to show up before the end of an episode's playback seems to be 120 seconds. Could that be increased? I've got a lot of episodes with credits longer than 3 minutes. Maybe give users the option to set a maximum period of 5 minutes to cover all possible cases?

The duration of outros can be so different. Best would be if the user can customize the time for each tv show. I already suggested this 6 months ago but got no reply.

@Kupo91 and @Chillbo  just wanted to let you know, I found a Kodi dev on Reddit who's actually willing to help with this feature. We've been working together for the past few days to get it implemented. We'll be expanding the minimum time setting for the playing next notification to appear, and adding a maximum time setting before it automatically skips to the next episode. Feel free to PM me for more information.

Hi @Shipwreck not sure if we are talking about the same issue. What I meant is that it was nice to have a feature which allows to set individual time settings for each tv show.
So that lets say one tv show gets this notification 30 seconds before the episode ends and another tv show gets this notication 60 seconds before the episode ends.
So you was able to adjust the time setting to the individual outro lenghts of different tv shows.
(2020-11-22, 12:22)zacly Wrote: The "still watching" function is broken in the newest version. Just keeps playing even when it's set to stop playing. Very frustrating.

Same, have disabled the add-on until it's fixed.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Up Next1