• 110(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
Added the TMDB helper add-on I see the potential. It's a shame the TMDB lists don't work well in the skin because there are a ton of cool ones but the Trakt ones are pretty cool too. They work well take a lil longer to load but if placed some ways down they load fast enough to not notice. I made a trending now and top 10 movies from the Trakt lists before my old lady insisted we watch something. Definitely not made for add-ons but works with my add-on integrated library. The only downside I see is it shows items that are not in your library. And can't be played unless added.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-17, 20:09)matke Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 19:06)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 16:39)matke Wrote: Yes. TMDB Helper.
OK but I just set up a TMDB helper widget and I'm not able to get the MPAA and run time metadata on the details row like you have on any titles in the widget (unless it's a title already in my library).

In your image, is the focussed item a title already in your library or do you get the details row metadata on all tmdb helper titles in the widget?
I wrote this in the topic of tmdb helper.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2988574
For some reason the trakt lists from tmdb helper work perfectly and this is the screenshot with that setup. Tmdb lists have a problem with some things. I see that in the previous few updates it has not been fixed yet. I'll try to talk to him on github as well.

tmdb helper requires the skin to implement TMDB Helper service monitor in order to fetch MPAA/Time/other information for the highlighted item in widgets, to reduce wait times and load on trakt/tmdb servers (better than fetching everything before loading the widget)
(2020-11-18, 21:53)daking1512 Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 20:09)matke Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 19:06)HugoL Wrote: OK but I just set up a TMDB helper widget and I'm not able to get the MPAA and run time metadata on the details row like you have on any titles in the widget (unless it's a title already in my library).

In your image, is the focussed item a title already in your library or do you get the details row metadata on all tmdb helper titles in the widget?
I wrote this in the topic of tmdb helper.
For some reason the trakt lists from tmdb helper work perfectly and this is the screenshot with that setup. Tmdb lists have a problem with some things. I see that in the previous few updates it has not been fixed yet. I'll try to talk to him on github as well.

tmdb helper requires the skin to implement TMDB Helper service monitor in order to fetch MPAA/Time/other information for the highlighted item in widgets, to reduce wait times and load on trakt/tmdb servers (better than fetching everything before loading the widget)

I think we definitely need this! I had a quick look at the github wiki for tmdb helper and I’m still not sure I’ve understood how to implement this.

Have you done this before? Or what’s the best example of its implementation so I can rob their code. Preferably not one of the authors skins who probably had it heavily integrated into his skins. Ideally another skin that has it tacked on so I can easily pick out how they integrated it.
(2020-11-18, 22:39)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 20:09)matke Wrote: I wrote this in the topic of tmdb helper.

I think we definitely need this! I had a quick look at the github wiki for tmdb helper and I’m still not sure I’ve understood how to implement this.

Have you done this before? Or what’s the best example of its implementation so I can rob their code. Preferably not one of the authors skins who probably had it heavily integrated into his skins. Ideally another skin that has it tacked on so I can easily pick out how they integrated it.
I think auramod has this option. I'm not able to check right now.
https://github.com/skyfsza/skin.auramod

I read today that the Skin Amber implemented it its a very light skin in comparison to some others might take a look there.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
@HugoL Checked, there is. But it doesn't seem to be implemented properly. There are still problems with TV shows. No clearlogos.
(2020-11-18, 23:34)matke Wrote: @HugoL Checked, there is. But it doesn't seem to be implemented properly. There are still problems with TV shows. No clearlogos.

Ok thanks. And what about the metadata like MPAA and run times?
(2020-11-18, 23:21)cscott1 Wrote:
(2020-11-18, 21:53)daking1512 Wrote: tmdb helper requires the skin to implement TMDB Helper service monitor in order to fetch MPAA/Time/other information for the highlighted item in widgets, to reduce wait times and load on trakt/tmdb servers (better than fetching everything before loading the widget)

I read today that the Skin Amber implemented it itsa very light skin in comparison to some others might take a look there.

Alright, I’m going to take a look thanks!

havent coded anything myself, but if you want to refer to other skins, Arctic Zephyr, Arctic Horizon, Aura and AuraMOD all are built around TMDB Helper with tmdb helper features in mind
(2020-11-18, 23:50)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-11-18, 23:34)matke Wrote: @HugoL Checked, there is. But it doesn't seem to be implemented properly. There are still problems with TV shows. No clearlogos.

Ok thanks. And what about the metadata like MPAA and run times?
It works. But I'm not sure if it's just up to tmdb helper monitor since auramod has an integrated and skin helper that also collects data. But you should definitely try to implement it in titan bingie mode.Tmdb helper is a great addon and can be used in many ways in our favorite skin. If you need help with testing, I'm here. ;-)
Glad yall are starting to look into tmdb helper. I've been using it with this skin from the beginning. My favorite feature is being able to discover new shows and movies
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UQq54My...p=drivesdk

Just added my trakt account randomised movie option through TMDB for spotlight trailers. Not only is the audio running way a head of the video and the video being glitchy and slow. The title changes well before the end of the trailer to the next up and coming.

If I run spotlight without the posters below it so it just runs full screen the video syncs with audio at normal speed but the title still moves to the next up and coming.

The same thing happens if I just use TMDB randomised movie.
Anyone seen this before?
(2020-09-21, 13:05)wrp_199 Wrote:
(2020-09-10, 15:48)chihaeru Wrote: Hi, I'm having an issue with this skin (and the original Bingie too) which causes Kodi to crash.

My current setup is latest Kodi 18 with Jellyfin addon and the skin, and everything works fine - widgets on TV Shows, Movies, etc populate fine. The issue I have, is when I choose to play a movie from any movie widgets, Kodi will crash when trying to start the stream. I've tried multiple skins and this is the only skin that I've had this issue with. Strangely, playing those same movies from the Spotlight on either Home or Movies tab works fine. Everything in regarding TV Shows plays fine from any widgets.

Going into the logs, I can see the last few lines when Kodi crashes are always the same:

2020-09-10 23:31:32.706 T:13108  NOTICE: JELLYFIN.objects.actions -> INFO::jellyfin_kodi\objects\actions.py:776  [ play ] kodi_id: 1 media: movie
2020-09-10 23:31:34.206 T:6504 WARNING: CRenderManager::Configure - timeout waiting for configure
2020-09-10 23:31:34.206 T:6504   ERROR: CVideoPlayerVideo::OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer

I've also tried creating a custom view using a custom hub, adding the movie widgets, and the result is the same, yet playing from the spotlight works.

Any ideas? I love the skin, but I'd have to find another one if I can't get movies to work. 

Thanks!
@HugoL @AchillesPunks any info about this?
I could provide logs if you need
Anybody found a solution for that problem ? I have exactly the same issue and went through the posts and links, but could not find a solution :/
(2020-11-19, 09:50)serat Wrote:
(2020-09-10, 15:48)chihaeru Wrote: Hi, I'm having an issue with this skin (and the original Bingie too) which causes Kodi to crash.

My current setup is latest Kodi 18 with Jellyfin addon and the skin, and everything works fine - widgets on TV Shows, Movies, etc populate fine. The issue I have, is when I choose to play a movie from any movie widgets, Kodi will crash when trying to start the stream. I've tried multiple skins and this is the only skin that I've had this issue with. Strangely, playing those same movies from the Spotlight on either Home or Movies tab works fine. Everything in regarding TV Shows plays fine from any widgets.

Going into the logs, I can see the last few lines when Kodi crashes are always the same:

2020-09-10 23:31:32.706 T:13108  NOTICE: JELLYFIN.objects.actions -> INFO::jellyfin_kodi\objects\actions.py:776  [ play ] kodi_id: 1 media: movie
2020-09-10 23:31:34.206 T:6504 WARNING: CRenderManager::Configure - timeout waiting for configure
2020-09-10 23:31:34.206 T:6504   ERROR: CVideoPlayerVideo::OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer

I've also tried creating a custom view using a custom hub, adding the movie widgets, and the result is the same, yet playing from the spotlight works.

Any ideas? I love the skin, but I'd have to find another one if I can't get movies to work. 

Thanks!
Anybody found a solution for that problem ? I have exactly the same issue and went through the posts and links, but could not find a solution :/
For the issue with Jellyfin for Kodi Addon..
(2020-11-19, 09:50)serat Wrote:

Thanks!

Install the Jelyfin addon in native playback mode, then playback will also work from the widget.

But you could even test whether the widget playback via skin.helper.widgets works.
I think that worked, but I'm not entirely sure.

If it doesn't work then use native playback mode.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0