• 11(current)
Release YouTube
Has there ever been a fix to get the Watch Later feature fully working? I have similar issues here.

I've added " WL" (and even "WL") as the custom playlist in Add-On settings as instructed by a previous post, (Note: I did not edit any files) and it fixed it partially. The Watch Later playlist does finally successfully populate with my preexisting list and I'm able to play them. Problem is when I use try adding a new video to Watch Later I get "playlist not found".

If I attempt to "Retrieve watch later playlist id" in the Add-On settings, I receive the error "Failed to retrieve Watch Later playlist id. Add a few videos to Watch Later via the web/app and retry" even though my Watch List has plenty added.

If a dev wants to see logs, let me know. Though you should be able to replicate it as I'm seeing several people complaining.

(2020-11-07, 11:21)sus67 Wrote:
(2020-11-03, 19:19)anxdpanic Wrote: ...
@sus67
Settings - Folders - Retrieve Watch Later playlist id
If that fails, set Settings - Folders - Custom Watch Later playlist id to " WL" including the space, without the quotes
@anxdpanic
tried this multiple times, followed the dialogs. Got same message "playlistNotFound" if adding videos to Watch Later in Kodi. Hoping you can lead me to find right way.
https://paste.kodi.tv/fosivefina.kodi

(In the video two passes in the background, I added videos via web)
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
So I created and added a new API key and I'm still getting errors.... I uploaded my log here, any ideas?

https://paste.kodi.tv/irufosahag
An ever increasing amount of videos are not playing at 720p, but I can play them at 360p. Here is the log. LOG
For people having issues playing videos here’s is the configuration that worked for me. I’m using Kodi Add-On YouTube 6.8.8-beta1 on Kodi 18.9

1) Create new Google dev project and generate new keys. Generating new API keys under the old project may work with opening some videos but thumbnails won’t work. It’s important to create a new project. You don’t need to reinstall the Kodi YouTube Add-On just to change keys, but do check you’re on the newest version. When you finish inserting the new keys, restart Kodi.

Note: If your Kodi device is limited to a remote, you can enable the YouTube WebUI for API keys to connect via any browser under YouTube Kodi Add-On settings:

HTTP Server -> IP Whitelist
Insert the local IP of the device you’ll be connecting from.

API -> Enable API Configuration Page

Then go to any browser and connect to http://0.0.0.0:50152/api
Replace 0.0.0.0 with your Kodi IP address. Remember to disable “Enable API configuration page” once you insert new keys. Remember to restart the Kodi device once new keys are inserted.

2) Kodi YouTube Add-On settings:

MPEG-DASH:
Install InputStream Adaptive and InputStream Helper if they currently aren’t installed.

Use MPEG-DASH -> Enabled

Use for videos -> Enabled

Video Quality -> Do NOT use adaptive. For example, I use “1080p (HD)” Edit: this is mostly for troubleshooting purposes, once you get it working try switching back to adaptive.

Use for live streams -> Disabled
IMPORTANT: Live streams don’t open unless you disable this.
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
Hello,

It appears that the youtube add on has troubles playing monetized videos.  I recently had to go through the process of creating an API key for the add on, and have found that after doing so some videos will not play through Kodi any more, while others play back just fine.  I focused in on a particular video, which after repeated attempts would not play, and then started a trial for youtube premium (which removes ads for ones account, and presumably API keys) and immediately afterwards the previously problematic video was able to play without error.

I am unable to SSH on to my box for whatever reason, but was able to take a few pictures of the logs.

https://imgur.com/a/pGvJ7cO

Warren
I may have spoken too soon .. my apologies, am still getting some errors trying to play videos back after starting a trial membership

Warren
(2020-11-19, 12:43)neo_ Wrote: For people having issues playing videos here’s is the configuration that worked for me. I’m using Kodi Add-On YouTube 6.8.8-beta1 on Kodi 18.9

1) Create new Google dev project and generate new keys. Generating new API keys under the old project may work with opening some videos but thumbnails won’t work. It’s important to create a new project. You don’t need to reinstall the Kodi YouTube Add-On just to change keys, but do check you’re on the newest version. When you finish inserting the new keys, restart Kodi.

Note: If your Kodi device is limited to a remote, you can enable the YouTube WebUI for API keys to connect via any browser under YouTube Kodi Add-On settings:

Replace 0.0.0.0 with your Kodi IP address. Remember to disable “Enable API configuration page” once you insert new keys. Remember to restart the Kodi device once new keys are inserted.

Use MPEG-DASH -> Enabled

Video Quality -> Do NOT use adaptive. For example, I use “1080p (HD)”

I was able to resolve my playback issues by installing the VideoPlayer InputStream add-on and enabling InputStream Adaptive ( This seems necessary for MPEG-DASH ), and enabling MPEG-DASH in the YouTube add-on. I did not change my API key. I did switch to YouTube 6.8.8-beta1, but MPEG-DASH was needed to resolve video issues, so I don't know if the Beta is a needed change or not.
(2020-11-20, 11:51)simonmoon Wrote:
(2020-11-19, 12:43)neo_ Wrote: For people having issues playing videos here’s is the configuration that worked for me. I’m using Kodi Add-On YouTube 6.8.8-beta1 on Kodi 18.9

Use MPEG-DASH -> Enabled

I was able to resolve my playback issues by installing the VideoPlayer InputStream add-on and enabling InputStream Adaptive ( This seems necessary for MPEG-DASH ), and enabling MPEG-DASH in the YouTube add-on. I did not change my API key. I did switch to YouTube 6.8.8-beta1, but MPEG-DASH was needed to resolve video issues, so I don't know if the Beta is a needed change or not.

Glad you got it working. I assumed a few things and edited my post to reflect installing InputStream. You can’t use MPEG-DASH without InputStream anyway. I thought this was obvious. Regarding Adaptive, it has a history of incompatibility so I prefer to troubleshoot without it but once things are working Adaptive is fine to use. Which i also now edited my post to include. API key changes are needed mostly for Quota Exceeded error messages, not everyone will have the same issues but plenty currently do so my small guide included recreating new keys. It’s not a specific tailored troubleshooting guide, I tried to cover as many issues as possible that currently has surfaced.
(2020-11-20, 16:26)neo_ Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 11:51)simonmoon Wrote:

Use MPEG-DASH -> Enabled

Glad you got it working. I assumed a few things and edited my post to reflect installing InputStream. You can’t use MPEG-DASH without InputStream anyway. I thought this was obvious. Regarding Adaptive, it has a history of incompatibility so I prefer to troubleshoot without it but once things are working Adaptive is fine to use. Which i also now edited my post to include. API key changes are needed mostly for Quota Exceeded error messages, not everyone will have the same issues but plenty currently do so my small guide included recreating new keys. It’s not a specific tailored troubleshooting guide, I tried to cover as many issues as possible that currently has surfaced.
Yes thanks for the tips - installing VideoPlayer InputStream add-on and enabling InputStream Adaptive worked for me on 6.8.7 stable.
I use my own APi keys.
So now i had enough.
and did create a new project in the google developer console. after entering all keys everything worked like before for me.
this video helped me a lot by doing the annoying stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcgXSxPkbvY
In order to solve some videos not playing a 720p, I installed IputStream Adaptive and enabled MPEG-DASH. Videos now always play at 720p, but now there is an issue with video stuttering throughout some videos, and frequently there is a glitch where the screen blacks out for one second after the video starts and plays for a couple of seconds, and then continues normally ( except for the stutter issue ). Is there a setting that I can change in IputStream Adaptive or the Youtube add-on that would help relieve the starting glitch and stuttering issue ?
Just updated to 6.8.8 and now I get no streams found on every video :/

Oh nevermind, suddenly it started to work again :]

MPEG-DASH:
Install InputStream Adaptive and InputStream Helper if they currently aren’t installed.

Use MPEG-DASH -> Enabled

Video Quality -> Do NOT use adaptive. For example, I use “1080p (HD)” Edit: this is mostly for troubleshooting purposes, once you get it working try switching back to adaptive.

Thank you a lot for your message from Russia with love
Help pls! Suggest a way to play the last viewed video via JSON.

I try:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Addons.ExecuteAddon", "params": { "addonid": "plugin.video.youtube", "params": ["/play/?playlist_id=HL&play=1&order=default"]}, "id": "1"}
but without results (
Want to say thank you , enabling mpeg-dash working for me.  Still a little video playback stutter, but it is maybe related to refresh rate of my TV..I don't know, changing those in settings will either make it worse or better.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0