• 45(current)
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners
(2020-11-13, 17:25)matke Wrote: First I would like to say thank you for this great addon. I found a small bug. When I choose any tmdb list with tv shows, clearart does not appear until I refresh the details. It only happens with tv show. All other lists work well including tract tv shows.

And another bug with tmdb lists. This time for both movies and tv shows. Ratings and movie durations are lost. With tract lists, everything works properly.
(2020-11-13, 18:05)ohhwee Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 12:52)DavidZgZ1978 Wrote: I have a problem with the Auramod skin from a few updates of the addon. When starting Kodi I get a TheMovieDb Helper error. If I change to the version of the official Kodi repository, the error message no longer appears. Could you tell me why said failure comes outImage

This belongs in the auramod thread

This error not only happens to me in Auramod, it happens to me in Aura and also in the Estuary skin. It's something that happens to me with the latest TheMovieDb Helper updates from the Jurialmunkey repository. However with the official version of the Kodi Repository it does not happen to me.
(2020-11-15, 00:13)DavidZgZ1978 Wrote:
(2020-11-13, 18:05)ohhwee Wrote:
(2020-11-02, 12:52)DavidZgZ1978 Wrote: I have a problem with the Auramod skin from a few updates of the addon. When starting Kodi I get a TheMovieDb Helper error. If I change to the version of the official Kodi repository, the error message no longer appears. Could you tell me why said failure comes outImage

This belongs in the auramod thread

This error not only happens to me in Auramod, it happens to me in Aura and also in the Estuary skin. It's something that happens to me with the latest TheMovieDb Helper updates from the Jurialmunkey repository. However with the official version of the Kodi Repository it does not happen to me.

Not possible for those errors to occur in standard Aura or Estuary because those skins don't have inbuilt tmdbhelper lists. Id be very interested to see your log using these skins as I very much doubt that you are getting this error with them.

The error is because Auramod has an incorrectly configured cast list. Previously I was forgiving of misconfigured lists and just ignored them but now I raise an error so that it is clear to skinners that theyve not set something up properly. Talk to Auramod author and get them to fix the issue.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2020-10-17, 10:27)jurialmunkey Wrote: Upcoming v4.0.0 - Code Refactor
@bsoriano @nessus @mikeSiLVO @drinfernoo @shedrock @Mr. V @pkscout (and any other skinners that use TMDbHelper)

Sometime in the next week I'm planning to merge v4 of TMDbHelper into master. This version involves a significant code rewrite, so I thought I'd give everyone a heads up and chance to test in case I've missed a feature that you use in your skins. I'm planning for as much backwards compatibility as possible, but it's also completely likely that I've missed including some important feature that I don't use personally. Please let me know either here or on github if there are any issues / missing features etc.

Refactor is available from the "refactor" branch on github: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...e/refactor
There's also a matrix branch which I haven't personally tested but hopefully should work as I've been careful to keep code Python 2/3 compatible.

After installing, please make sure to restart Kodi so that the service monitor starts up correctly.

Highlights of v4
  • Significantly improved caching and performance (first run might take a moment since a lot of things will need to be re-synced/cached but after that I've been finding the performance much improved).
  • Ability to select and refresh artwork via context menu ("Manage artwork")
  • Ability to access all the lists previously found in the "detailed item" via context menu ("Browse Lists")
  • Much improved Trakt management functions and watched details syncing ("Trakt options")
  • Sort a variety of Trakt lists via context menu (Collection, Watchlist, User Lists). ("Browse sorted list")
  • Simplified settings
  • Player improvements

Known Issues
Currently there's an issue where I'm not getting trailers. Will be fixed soon. Also, some of the image lists (posters / fanart) are missing labels and need proper actions assigned to view slideshow/image.
@jurialmunkey 
Late reply, sorry, Thanks for the update. Everthing seems ok. Only using the addon for next aired for now, no bugs to report.
Thanks
Madnox 2.0
Forum / Source
Can't seem to authorize trakt ... log files as below.

https://paste.kodi.tv/jisiceveko.kodi
(2020-11-18, 20:00)spencerjford Wrote: Can't seem to authorize trakt ... log files as below.

https://paste.kodi.tv/jisiceveko.kodi

Please try latest version from Matrix branch: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...matrix.zip

I think it should be fixed now. I forgot there were changes in Matrix to the progress dialog specs.
It now allows it to authorize.  thank you very much!
Before I start suggesting that there might be a bug I just wanted to ask how the sort method is meant to work for Trakt > Your In-Progress TV Shows?

In Settings > Accounts > Trakt > Next Episodes Sort Method > I have "airdate" selected as I have normally used with other addons.

However the sorting seems totally different to what I'm used to seeing. Does anyone else notice this?

I'm used to the Shows being sorted by the airdate of the next episode that is not yet watched - with more recent dates being at the top of the list.

I thought for a moment that TMDBH was sorting by the airdate of the most recent episode (even if there are older unwatched episodes), but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

To be honest my In-Progress TV Shows list seems all jumbled up compared to what I'm used to.

Thoughts?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
Brilliant service add-on. I have recently just discovered it and have it setup with all my api's and Trakt. After going through the settings I don't see an option to show items only from my library. Is that possible for example if I wanted to make a widget of trending TV shows using either TMDb or Trakt lists. For my application it does me little good to see shows that are not in my library so I would prefer to only see the top 10 shows that are in my library.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-20, 00:19)jmh2002 Wrote: Before I start suggesting that there might be a bug I just wanted to ask how the sort method is meant to work for Trakt > Your In-Progress TV Shows?

In Settings > Accounts > Trakt > Next Episodes Sort Method > I have "airdate" selected as I have normally used with other addons.

However the sorting seems totally different to what I'm used to seeing. Does anyone else notice this?

I'm used to the Shows being sorted by the airdate of the next episode that is not yet watched - with more recent dates being at the top of the list.

I thought for a moment that TMDBH was sorting by the airdate of the most recent episode (even if there are older unwatched episodes), but that doesn't seem to be the case either.

To be honest my In-Progress TV Shows list seems all jumbled up compared to what I'm used to.

Thoughts?

The sorting isn't being applied because "In-Progress Shows" is NOT "Next Episodes". They are completely separate lists. In-Progress Shows default sort method in v4 of TMDbHelper is by Recently Watched (i.e. most recently watched shows at the front since those are most likely the ones you want to continue watching).

You can change the sorting method for In-Progress Shows via the context menu (assuming you are using v4 of TMDbHelper).

Just focus In-Progress Shows and open Context Menu > Browse sorted list > Sort by: Year
If you set a widget/shortcut via skinshortcuts, it will provide an intermediary folder where you can choose the sort method.
(2020-11-20, 17:09)cscott1 Wrote: Brilliant service add-on. I have recently just discovered it and have it setup with all my api's and Trakt. After going through the settings I don't see an option to show items only from my library. Is that possible for example if I wanted to make a widget of trending TV shows using either TMDb or Trakt lists. For my application it does me little good to see shows that are not in my library so I would prefer to only see the top 10 shows that are in my library.

Not really possible unfortunately (at least not without doing some convoluted things). The problem is that TMDb forces pagination of lists to be 20 items, so you'd only end up with a the subset of those first 20 items that are also in your library. For instance, if only one of the top 20 trending shows was also in your library then you'd end up with a list of 1 item and a next page.

It'd involve pulling multiple requests and iterating over the items and repeating the process to try to find a full list of items - which could end up as quite costly time wise and would also need its own special code to handle.
(2020-11-21, 16:13)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 17:09)cscott1 Wrote: Brilliant service add-on. I have recently just discovered it and have it setup with all my api's and Trakt. After going through the settings I don't see an option to show items only from my library. Is that possible for example if I wanted to make a widget of trending TV shows using either TMDb or Trakt lists. For my application it does me little good to see shows that are not in my library so I would prefer to only see the top 10 shows that are in my library.

Not really possible unfortunately (at least not without doing some convoluted things). The problem is that TMDb forces pagination of lists to be 20 items, so you'd only end up with a the subset of those first 20 items that are also in your library. For instance, if only one of the top 20 trending shows was also in your library then you'd end up with a list of 1 item and a next page.

It'd involve pulling multiple requests and iterating over the items and repeating the process to try to find a full list of items - which could end up as quite costly time wise and would also need its own special code to handle.
Ok, Thank you for the response and all you do in the kodi community.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-11-21, 16:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-11-20, 00:19)jmh2002 Wrote: Before I start suggesting that there might be a bug I just wanted to ask how the sort method is meant to work for Trakt > Your In-Progress TV Shows?

Thoughts?

The sorting isn't being applied because "In-Progress Shows" is NOT "Next Episodes". They are completely separate lists. In-Progress Shows default sort method in v4 of TMDbHelper is by Recently Watched (i.e. most recently watched shows at the front since those are most likely the ones you want to continue watching).

You can change the sorting method for In-Progress Shows via the context menu (assuming you are using v4 of TMDbHelper).

Just focus In-Progress Shows and open Context Menu > Browse sorted list > Sort by: Year
If you set a widget/shortcut via skinshortcuts, it will provide an intermediary folder where you can choose the sort method.

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

Unfortunately Browse sorted list > Sort by: Year doesn't seem to change the sorting?
To double check I also tried Sort by: Title, but that doesnt seem to change the list either (it should be alphabetical, correct?).
Each time the list still seems to be sorted by Recently Watched.

I'm using v4.0.51

As a separate note, v4.0.48 onwards also fixed this issue for me too, thank you (I'm surprised nobody else noticed or raised it):
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...issues/356
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
(2020-11-22, 02:02)jmh2002 Wrote:
(2020-11-21, 16:00)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Thoughts?

Thank you for taking the time to explain it to me.

Unfortunately Browse sorted list > Sort by: Year doesn't seem to change the sorting?
To double check I also tried Sort by: Title, but that doesnt seem to change the list either (it should be alphabetical, correct?).
Each time the list still seems to be sorted by Recently Watched.

I'm using v4.0.51

As a separate note, v4.0.48 onwards also fixed this issue for me too, thank you (I'm surprised nobody else noticed or raised it):
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...issues/356

Ah you are completely right - it isn't sorting that list at all. Somewhere along the way it must've stopped working and I didn't realise since I use the default sort for that list myself. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Okay should be fixed now on latest git master. Sort by: Year should sort by Next Episode air date (and the other sort methods now work)
(2020-11-23, 15:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ah you are completely right - it isn't sorting that list at all. Somewhere along the way it must've stopped working and I didn't realise since I use the default sort for that list myself. I'll look into it.

EDIT: Okay should be fixed now on latest git master. Sort by: Year should sort by Next Episode air date (and the other sort methods now work)

Thank you! Tested and confirmed working as expected now in v4.0.65.

I'll keep tinkering to work TMDB Helper into my Kodi setup and see how I get on. Thank you for your tireless efforts and patience, it's much appreciated.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners2