Win I have installed 8 (eight) add-ons, 4 work, 4 do not.
I struggled with Locast and worked on it for a couple of days so I decided to install several and try my luck.

Fox News - Installed without a hitch and seems to work ok. 

Locast - Installed with no problems, but when you attempt to launch a message "Locast error, check the log for more information".

MeTV - Installed with no problems, seems to work ok.

retro tv - Installed with no problems, does not seem to launch correctly, all menu items are empty, app is not listed on the upper left hand side on the menu.

Smithsonian Channel - Installed with no problems, but when you attempt to launch a message "Smithsonian Channel error, check the log for more information.

TV Land - Installed with no problems, upon launch three menu items appear, "Latest Episodes, Browse Shows, Browse YouTube" clicking on the first two triggers an error "TV Land error, check the log for more information".  The Browse YouTube option seems to work. 

Xumo - Installed with no problems, seems to work, seems like a worthy add-on.

YouTube - Installed with no problems, after figuring out how to apply the API information it seems to work great. 

This is on a fresh install of Kodi, also a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, can this be something wrong with my system or are some of these add-ons not so good / stable.  It seems difficult to install them incorrectly the interface is simple to use.  Anybody else having the same problems?
Before starting a new thread you should do a search on the addons.  Smithsonian for example, I don't believe is working, at one time it was a very good addon, one I'd like to see again.  But checking out the thread, it says it's behind a subscriber login.
(2020-11-24, 03:42)barney63 Wrote: Before starting a new thread you should do a search on the addons.  Smithsonian for example, I don't believe is working, at one time it was a very good addon, one I'd like to see again.  But checking out the thread, it says it's behind a subscriber login.
I'll try and check the 4 that are not working.  I did spend several days on one of them "Locast" and I guess I am not smart enough to get it working, there were all kinds of reasons why it might not work, none of them seemed to be the fault of the add-on itself.  I finally installed Locast on apple TV and it works perfectly.  Just to throw it out there, instead of having the entire community checking every add-on they are about to install in the fourm to see if it works, why don't we remove the non-working add-ons from the repository, I'm just saying...
(2020-11-24, 20:44)byron.hopp Wrote: why don't we remove the non-working add-ons from the repository, I'm just saying...
Sure,, but who is "we"?

There are over 1,000 add-ons in the repo. The small volunteer Team cannot keep track of every single one, so instead we wait for reports.

It would be nice if the actual add-on developers mark their own add-on broken and clean their add-on out of the repo, but most never bother. So then we wait for users to let us know it is broken.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-11-24, 21:07)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 20:44)byron.hopp Wrote: why don't we remove the non-working add-ons from the repository, I'm just saying...
Sure,, but who is "we"?

There are over 1,000 add-ons in the repo. The small volunteer Team cannot keep track of every single one, so instead we wait for reports.

It would be nice if the actual add-on developers mark their own add-on broken and clean their add-on out of the repo, but most never bother. So then we wait for users to let us know it is broken.
Understood, thanks for the reply...and thanks for your help, the ones that work well are very cool.  I just don't know yet what to do when they don't work.  Hopefully I will learn.
(2020-11-28, 01:52)byron.hopp Wrote: I just don't know yet what to do when they don't work.
Report them on the forum here. Find the correct thread for the add-on, so the add-on developer is pinged with the new post.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I have installed 8 (eight) add-ons, 4 work, 4 do not.0