Conditional Weather on Amber Skin
I have Kodi 18.9 running Amber skin 3.2.23 on both a Firestick and Formuler Z8.

What I find odd is when selecting a background for the weather the Firestick has no conditional weather but the the Z8 does.

Does anyone know why? Is there a solution?
Thread moved to Amber support section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-11-23, 13:52)chrissxuk Wrote: I have Kodi 18.9 running Amber skin 3.2.23 on both a Firestick and Formuler Z8.

What I find odd is when selecting a background for the weather the Firestick has no conditional weather but the the Z8 does.

@chrissxuk , I am not sure what might be the issue here, as it is the same Amber version in both devices.  Do you have a weather fanart image pack addon installed in both devices? Do you have the addon script.image.resource.select installed in both devices? The lack of one or both of these in the device that is not showing conditional weather is the only scenario I can thik of that would prevent showing conditional weather backgrounds.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-23, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-23, 13:52)chrissxuk Wrote: I have Kodi 18.9 running Amber skin 3.2.23 on both a Firestick and Formuler Z8.

@chrissxuk , I am not sure what might be the issue here, as it is the same Amber version in both devices.  Do you have a weather fanart image pack addon installed in both devices? Do you have the addon script.image.resource.select installed in both devices? The lack of one or both of these in the device that is not showing conditional weather is the only scenario I can thik of that would prevent showing conditional weather backgrounds.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you very much for your reply. I definitely have a weather fanart image pack addon installed on both devices but I don’t remember installing script.image.resource.select on my Z8 and can't find it in my add-ons either but my Z8 works perfectly.

Regards,

Bart
Here is an update. As I was unable to determine if I had the script.image.resource.select installed on my Firestick I decided to download it and install. When I executed the zip file it said updated rather than installed so I guess I had this all the time. I also installed another weather fanart so now I have two. Unfortunately I still do not have the conditional weather option when selecting backgrounds. Although as I said previously I am running the exact same versions of Kodi and Amber on the Firestick and Z8 Kodi was obviously installed differently. On the Z8 Kodi was installed via Google Play Store but as Kodi is not in the Amazon Store I used a Troy Point tutorial where he had a link to the latest version of Kodi.
(2020-11-24, 14:36)chrissxuk Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Here is an update. As I was unable to determine if I had the script.image.resource.select installed on my Firestick I decided to download it and install. When I executed the zip file it said updated rather than installed so I guess I had this all the time. I also installed another weather fanart so now I have two. Unfortunately I still do not have the conditional weather option when selecting backgrounds. Although as I said previously I am running the exact same versions of Kodi and Amber on the Firestick and Z8 Kodi was obviously installed differently. On the Z8 Kodi was installed via Google Play Store but as Kodi is not in the Amazon Store I used a Troy Point tutorial where he had a link to the latest version of Kodi.
@chrissxuk , thanks for the update.  Just to confirm, if you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced, do you have the name of a weather fanart image pack addon where it says "Weather Fanart", as in the screenshot below? Your weather fanart image pack addon does not need to be the same I am showing here, but one must be selected in order for the Conditional Weather background option to show up.

Of course, in order for the conditional weather to show up as background for any menu item, you need to select it for that menu item, like the following:

I suppose you already went through those steps, I just want to confirm.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-24, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-23, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , I am not sure what might be the issue here, as it is the same Amber version in both devices.  Do you have a weather fanart image pack addon installed in both devices? Do you have the addon script.image.resource.select installed in both devices? The lack of one or both of these in the device that is not showing conditional weather is the only scenario I can thik of that would prevent showing conditional weather backgrounds.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@chrissxuk , thanks for the update.  Just to confirm, if you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced, do you have the name of a weather fanart image pack addon where it says "Weather Fanart", as in the screenshot below? Your weather fanart image pack addon does not need to be the same I am showing here, but one must be selected in order for the Conditional Weather background option to show up.

Of course, in order for the conditional weather to show up as background for any menu item, you need to select it for that menu item, like the following:

I suppose you already went through those steps, I just want to confirm.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you so much for your reply 

I can't actually get to my Firestick at the moment but I can see where I've gone wrong from your instructions.

I didn't realise that it was first necessary to go to the advanced section to change from the skin default to the weather fanart and don't remember doing that on my Z8, but obviously I must have. After installing the fanart I went directly to customise the menus, weather, select background, and expected to see the option conditional weather. 

Hopefully when I get to my Firestick and change the advanced setting everything will work.

I'm sorry if it was a daft question and again thank you for taking the time to explain. 

Regards
(2020-11-23, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , I am not sure what might be the issue here, as it is the same Amber version in both devices.  Do you have a weather fanart image pack addon installed in both devices? Do you have the addon script.image.resource.select installed in both devices? The lack of one or both of these in the device that is not showing conditional weather is the only scenario I can thik of that would prevent showing conditional weather backgrounds.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart
I made the change on the Firestick and the conditional weather works now, thank you.

I am puzzled by one thing though. My weather service is Yahoo and when selecting the weather from the menu it gives me 4 or 8 day forecast which is normally very accurate. But if add the daily weather from the default shelf in settings I get an 11 day forecast that is completely different. What is determining where the shelf default weather comes from?
(2020-11-25, 19:47)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 14:36)chrissxuk Wrote: Here is an update. As I was unable to determine if I had the script.image.resource.select installed on my Firestick I decided to download it and install. When I executed the zip file it said updated rather than installed so I guess I had this all the time. I also installed another weather fanart so now I have two. Unfortunately I still do not have the conditional weather option when selecting backgrounds. Although as I said previously I am running the exact same versions of Kodi and Amber on the Firestick and Z8 Kodi was obviously installed differently. On the Z8 Kodi was installed via Google Play Store but as Kodi is not in the Amazon Store I used a Troy Point tutorial where he had a link to the latest version of Kodi.

Regards,

Bart
I made the change on the Firestick and the conditional weather works now, thank you.

I am puzzled by one thing though. My weather service is Yahoo and when selecting the weather from the menu it gives me 4 or 8 day forecast which is normally very accurate. But if add the daily weather from the default shelf in settings I get an 11 day forecast that is completely different. What is determining where the shelf default weather comes from?
@chrissxuk , could you please post screenshots of the differences? The shelf info comes from the same place as the weather info on the menu item.  Perhaps you see them as different because the shelf has the low temperature first and then the high temperature, whereas when you click on the weather menu item, the high temperature is shown first and then the low for each day? Thanks.

Also, the shelf will show up to 15 days of weather for the daily weather.  The weather menu item only has the options for 4-day or 8-day daily weather.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-25, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , thanks for the update.  Just to confirm, if you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced, do you have the name of a weather fanart image pack addon where it says "Weather Fanart", as in the screenshot below? Your weather fanart image pack addon does not need to be the same I am showing here, but one must be selected in order for the Conditional Weather background option to show up.

Regards,

Bart

@chrissxuk , could you please post screenshots of the differences? The shelf info comes from the same place as the weather info on the menu item.  Perhaps you see them as different because the shelf has the low temperature first and then the high temperature, whereas when you click on the weather menu item, the high temperature is shown first and then the low for each day? Thanks.

Also, the shelf will show up to 15 days of weather for the daily weather.  The weather menu item only has the options for 4-day or 8-day daily weather.

Regards,

Bart
I was going to post screenshots before but the paperclip, which I assume is for attachments, is grayed out. Can I get that option open to me or is there some other way to do it? There is definitely a big discrepancy in the weather screens for example the default says Saturday 15/11c rain yet the other says 19/8c cloudy. The default says rain next 10 consecutive days (not going to happen lol), the default is wrong and always different.
(2020-11-25, 22:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-24, 23:59)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , thanks for the update.  Just to confirm, if you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Advanced, do you have the name of a weather fanart image pack addon where it says "Weather Fanart", as in the screenshot below? Your weather fanart image pack addon does not need to be the same I am showing here, but one must be selected in order for the Conditional Weather background option to show up.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart
I worked out how to add the attachments now. These are from my tablet but the same thing happens on my Firestick and Z8. On my tablet I can only see 4 day weather I can't seem to change that to 8. The temperatures do actually tie up, I was confused by the order of days, the differences are always in the icons why does it show rain? ImageImageImageImage
Here is 8 day weather from Z8, the issue is in the weather icons.Image
(2020-11-26, 00:31)chrissxuk Wrote: Here is 8 day weather from Z8, the issue is in the weather icons.Image

@chrissxuk, with just that screenshot I cannot understand the issue, please post the screenshot of the shelf as well. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-11-26, 03:16)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 00:31)chrissxuk Wrote: Here is 8 day weather from Z8, the issue is in the weather icons.Image

@chrissxuk, with just that screenshot I cannot understand the issue, please post the screenshot of the shelf as well. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I did post the shelf it was in my previous post. Here are screenshots from my Firestick today. Originally I thought the temperatures were different but they are not the difference is in the weather icons. According to the forecast on the shelf there is rain on 1 of the next 7 days but according to the weather screen there is rain on 4 of those days. Image
(2020-11-26, 13:28)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2020-11-26, 03:16)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

I did post the shelf it was in my previous post. Here are screenshots from my Firestick today. Originally I thought the temperatures were different but they are not the difference is in the weather icons. According to the forecast on the shelf there is rain on 1 of the next 7 days but according to the weather screen there is rain on 4 of those days. Image
@chrissxuk , thanks for the screenshots.  I took a longer look, and it seems there are differences (I have no idea why) in getting a "regular" forecast for each day vs. an "extended" forecast for each day, even with the same weather provider.  The weather menu item uses the "regular" forecast, and the shelves use the "extended" forecast.  I will change the weather menu item to use the "extended" forecast as well.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.  The change will be in the next skin update.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Conditional Weather on Amber Skin0