• 16(current)
Release YouTube
(2020-11-27, 23:19)NeoCortex Wrote: Only one part of the add-on no longer works. Just disable the My Subscription option if a workaround can't be found. It's still a functional add-on that has no reason to be deprecated. Add-on functionality can change over time. That's not unusual at all.
is saying this addons only have one developer.... without even considering the 53 current contributors that @anxdpanic has added and verified on his repository. anyone if they want can create a fork of github and try to resolve the only parts currently works but for him it is better to throw all in the trash....
...only on your "little world" can you lay down the law...
Thanks again to everyone explaining and helping with the issue.

@neo_ 
Deprecating will not get anyone's attention anymore than the issue itself, and will just interrupt the other valid use cases of the add-on. 
I've responded clearly regarding the issue on the forum and on GitHub and it's been conveyed here in the thread by others. Of course it would be nice to stop the onslaught of 'me too' here like is possible on GitHub. But again the information is here, clearly, so I don't feel the need to repeat myself and others seems to be taking turns helping out there as well. --which I greatly appreciate--

I also don't want to make a hasty decision, then put in the work to remove it all and this undocumented API starts working again.

To anyone with issues other than the obvious one, please include a complete debug log (wiki).
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-11-28, 01:56)neo_ Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 23:19)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 22:32)neo_ Wrote: I understand your thoughts, however you're misunderstanding what I originally said and it's intent. As I stated, depreciate this add-on from the master kodi repo. Not depreciating the entire add-on. Just because it's not in the master repo does not mean you can't install it nor does it mean there can't be an auxiliary repository for this add-on. Just like there currently is a beta repo for this same add-on.

What would be the benefit you ask?
  • A solution to the endless stream of redundant posts here & on github asking for help since they can't open subscriptions anympre.

• Marking this add-on depreciated will draw attention to devs for the need to develop a possible fix or fork this add-on with a fix. In general it's a call of attention for additional devs as it seems this crucial add-on is managed by 1 individual and has been for a long time who I can only assumed is overwhelmed at times.

You seem lost. Please make yourself useful and cease your senseless replies to my posts. Preferably logout. Thanks

Only one part of the add-on no longer works. Just disable the My Subscription option if a workaround can't be found. It's still a functional add-on that has no reason to be deprecated. Add-on functionality can change over time. That's not unusual at all.

You keep sidelining the entire point.

In addition, you not finding a feature as crucial does not universally make it so. There are various use cases where “My Subscriptions” is highly critical.

You finding a single feature crucial does not universally make it so. The only critical function in the end is "successfully plays YouTube videos". Everything above and beyond that is helpful and appreciated.

The add-on is still incredibly useful for many people even as it is now. If it no longer suits your use case, then it's just not useful to you. That's all there us to it.
(2020-11-27, 17:06)epsilon0 Wrote: Years ago I used to compile my own YT subscriptions list using RSS.  I would fetch each channel's XML and then aggregate them into a master list based on the timestamps.

Perhaps this could be used to speed up and simplify the process?  Use the API calls to generate a list of subscribed channel ids (externalId or rssUrl) and then normal https traffic to pull the recent video info.  I mainly stored everything in text files locally, but I imagine this could be integrated into a database to limit the amount of traffic between server and user.
This is just what I intend to do too. Do you happen to still have your solution lying around and be willing to share?

I've got most parts working independently, just need to put everything together. The one thing I don't have working is the watched status of each video in the list of the RSS source. Choosing "Mark as watched" from the context menu does seem to mark it correctly in the database, so the connection seems to be there. It just doesn't show the check mark. Any tips are greatly appreciated.
@auno 
It's interesting but what happens if youtube changes the structure of its main page? do you have to rewrite the whole scraping part?
(2020-11-28, 03:17)DjDiabolik Wrote: @auno 
It's interesting but what happens if youtube changes the structure of its main page? do you have to rewrite the whole scraping part?

I'm using the Atom feeds for the individual channels (and converting them to RSS since Kodi does not seem to support Atom), so no need to do any HTML scraping. Haven't decided yet though how to get the list of channels to which I'm subscribed. The API seems to still work for that, so that shouldn't be a problem. But I could also live with managing that list "manually", and not rely on a Youtube account at all.
Greets,
Since some days ago, new videos from youtube suscriptions are not reproduced (no errors, just don'r play), the old videos are reploduced with not probles, it's only with news.
Anybody occurs same? thanks
(2020-11-28, 14:37)llobarrosalpa Wrote: Greets,
Since some days ago, new videos from youtube suscriptions are not reproduced (no errors, just don'r play), the old videos are reploduced with not probles, it's only with news.
Anybody occurs same? thanks

I'm using libreelect/kodi 18 with raspberry pi 3 B
@auno very comprehensive explanation.. thanks.

@llobarrosalpa whitout a debug log or somethings similar the developer can't understand where the eventual problem is..... you are perhaps talking about the problem with sections " My Subscription " result empty ? If yes look and read the recent post.......
(2020-11-28, 14:56)DjDiabolik Wrote: @auno very comprehensive explanation.. thanks.

@llobarrosalpa whitout a debug log or somethings similar the developer can't understand where the eventual problem is..... you are perhaps talking about the problem with sections " My Subscription " result empty ? If yes look and read the recent post.......
thanks for your fast reply, i've not problems with suscriptions, i can see list of videos uploaded (even new videos) Problem is with new videos uploaded. When i click to reproduce they seem that are beeing reproduced, but then back to list screen. Any "Error"is showned or reported (so i can't print debug errors), allthough, old videos of the same suscription can be played without any problem (just new videos uploaded since few days ago have this problem) Even other suscriptions, new videos are reproduced without problems, it happens  with some of my suscriptions. So i think is not problem of addon or configuration, maybe (i'm suggesting) any change in youtube videos that addon not noticed? Skills of new videos are not compatible and not all youtubers apply to record their videos? I'm not sure, just report that cause anybody has same problems...

I've not found this topic in internet (just a post blocked in a google forum, i think it has been blocked because refers reproduce youtube videos out of google ;-) https://support.google.com/youtube/threa...2828?hl=es
(2020-11-28, 15:25)llobarrosalpa Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 14:56)DjDiabolik Wrote: @auno very comprehensive explanation.. thanks.

thanks for your fast reply, i've not problems with suscriptions, i can see list of videos uploaded (even new videos) Problem is with new videos uploaded. When i click to reproduce they seem that are beeing reproduced, but then back to list screen. Any "Error"is showned or reported (so i can't print debug errors), allthough, old videos of the same suscription can be played without any problem (just new videos uploaded since few days ago have this problem) Even other suscriptions, new videos are reproduced without problems, it happens  with some of my suscriptions. So i think is not problem of addon or configuration, maybe (i'm suggesting) any change in youtube videos that addon not noticed? Skills of new videos are not compatible and not all youtubers apply to record their videos? I'm not sure, just report that cause anybody has same problems...

I've not found this topic in internet (just a post blocked in a google forum, i think it has been blocked because refers reproduce youtube videos out of google ;-) https://support.google.com/youtube/threa...2828?hl=es

As an example, it happens with my suscription to this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzztnhQ...d3u-j1x5rA
I can play old videos, but last ones fail (it happens since i update to kodi 18, but not happens in all my suscriptions, so i'm not sure why...
(2020-11-28, 15:34)llobarrosalpa Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 15:25)llobarrosalpa Wrote:

As an example, it happens with my suscription to this channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzztnhQ...d3u-j1x5rA
I can play old videos, but last ones fail (it happens since i update to kodi 18, but not happens in all my suscriptions, so i'm not sure why...

Make sure you're on the latest version of the add-on, which I think is currently 6.8.8 beta linked at the start of the thread. I had a similar problem to yours (if I'm reading your post right) and updating the add-on fixed it for me.
(2020-11-28, 16:00)NeoCortex Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 15:34)llobarrosalpa Wrote:
(2020-11-28, 15:25)llobarrosalpa Wrote: thanks for your fast reply, i've not problems with suscriptions, i can see list of videos uploaded (even new videos) Problem is with new videos uploaded. When i click to reproduce they seem that are beeing reproduced, but then back to list screen. Any "Error"is showned or reported (so i can't print debug errors), allthough, old videos of the same suscription can be played without any problem (just new videos uploaded since few days ago have this problem) Even other suscriptions, new videos are reproduced without problems, it happens  with some of my suscriptions. So i think is not problem of addon or configuration, maybe (i'm suggesting) any change in youtube videos that addon not noticed? Skills of new videos are not compatible and not all youtubers apply to record their videos? I'm not sure, just report that cause anybody has same problems...

Make sure you're on the latest version of the add-on, which I think is currently 6.8.8 beta linked at the start of the thread. I had a similar problem to yours (if I'm reading your post right) and updating the add-on fixed it for me.

Yes, i'm using 6.8.8 by repository.yt.testing_official-1.0.0.zip, i've installed today, but also it happened with kodi repository add-on and the one i'd before. So that i figure there is any incompatibility with a specific format of some videos in youtube and the add-on... but i have not idea.
Thanks anyway
(2020-11-26, 01:20)starslayer74 Wrote: I am still struggling with this. I completely wiped the add-on, set all areas back to default.... created new key and credentials, and put them in the correct fields, and I'm still getting an error. Anyone have any ideas?

https://paste.kodi.tv/idocifujas
Since my post got buried under the "me too" posts about the subscriptions issues, I will share it again - I would be happy just to be able to get it to play a youtube video...which I cannot currently do. 

I got hit a few weeks back with the email about quota limits, and the addon had stopped working. I changed the addon back to default for all sections.... generated a new key and credentials, and filled them in on the add on, rebooted my Shield, and still getting an error. My log is linked above.

Any help is appreciated!
@llobarrosalpa 
Without the debug log (wiki) I can only guess. Enable Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use MPEG-DASH and Settings - MPEG-DASH - Use for videos

@starslayer74 
Sorry I missed that, Settings - Maintenance - Delete access_manager.json and then re-login (not re-entering keys)
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0