Opening a specific group on startup
I am trying to configure kodi (version 18) to open a specific group on startup, as explained here.
I wrote this in autoexec.py, and kodi opens on All channels.

import xbmc 
xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(TVChannels,pvr://channels/tv/MyGroupName)')
(2020-11-30, 15:16)vip. Wrote: I am trying to configure kodi (version 18) to open a specific group on startup, as explained here.
If you are wanting the EPG screen to open on a specific group from the PVR Home Menu, that's not possible on Kodi 18. I tried doing this myself in the past, but it was not possible. I then submitted a feature request for Kodi 19.
On Kodi 19, the PVR Home Screen has a new widget for all the channel groups that will open the EPG screen for a specific group when selected. 

If you are wanting Kodi to actually display the EPG screen for a specific channel group when it starts up, I'm pretty sure that is not possible either.
I do not want the EPG screen (TVGuide). I want the PVR Home Menu itself (TVChannels) to open on a specific group. But I understand this is not possible on kodi 18.
Maybe with ActivateWindowAndFocus this is possible. I'll try.
thanks
Ah right, keep forgetting that most skins seem to open the TVChannels screen from the PVR Home Menu button. I've configured mine to open the EPG screen instead.
I'm on Kodi 18 at the moment and just tried changing my main menu item to open a specific channel group for that screen, but no luck.
But I'm guessing it would probably work with Kodi 19 though....
Kodi 19 should remember the last channel group used and show that.
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Opening a specific group on startup0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.