Incorrectly scraped run times
IIRC Kodi no longer reads file headers for information (a feature that was dropped some time ago?). I used to be able to tag .mkv files with chapter information, run time, audio formats, etc. which Kodi would scrape accordingly. Now that it relies solely on external scrapers and their web sources (i.e. TMDB) I don't see a way to scrape run times correctly. This is for media where extended versions exist. For example, The Fellowship of the Ring on TMDB is listed with a run time of 2h59m. Meanwhile, the extended edition clocks almost 4 hours but isn't listed as a separate entry on TMDB.

How do I go about differentiating the various cuts so that Kodi displays correct run times?
(2020-12-01, 02:39)Cinephile Wrote: I don't see a way to scrape run times correctly
As far as I am aware, run times come from the video file, not the scraper site.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-01, 02:52)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 02:39)Cinephile Wrote: I don't see a way to scrape run times correctly
As far as I am aware, run times come from the video file, not the scraper site.
Interesting, I might just need to delete and re-scrape the offending files. I suppose I will need to edit the file name slightly for Kodi to pick up new information? As previously when I deleted and re-scraped the same file it would show the same metadata.
(2020-12-01, 03:06)Cinephile Wrote: I suppose I will need to edit the file name slightly for Kodi to pick up new information?
Yes, or you could perform a Refresh which will force a re-read of the video file. Strange that simply deleting and rescraping does not force a re-read of the video file.

Also, if you have a nfo file with the <fileinfo> tags, these will over-ride the re-reading of the video file.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-01, 03:19)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 03:06)Cinephile Wrote: I suppose I will need to edit the file name slightly for Kodi to pick up new information?
Yes, or you could perform a Refresh which will force a re-read of the video file. Strange that simply deleting and rescraping does not force a re-read of the video file.

Also, if you have a nfo file with the <fileinfo> tags, these will over-ride the re-reading of the video file.

Good one, thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrectly scraped run times0