• 61(current)
Release TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data
(2020-11-30, 22:28)utiac Wrote: Subscription only appears to be $11.99 annually. I don't know python, but like the addon as well, so would make a small contribution to support development once an up to date version was released. But perhaps I haven't understood their subscription terms.

What I meant was whoever decides to update this for Matrix will probably also have to add the ability for people to add their own tvdb subscription details into the addon to get it to work.
(2020-12-01, 09:59)Hitcher Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 22:28)utiac Wrote: Subscription only appears to be $11.99 annually. I don't know python, but like the addon as well, so would make a small contribution to support development once an up to date version was released. But perhaps I haven't understood their subscription terms.

What I meant was whoever decides to update this for Matrix will probably also have to add the ability for people to add their own tvdb subscription details into the addon to get it to work.
Screw tvdb, even if it was $1 it's still bad practice charging uses to access content they helped create.

If one was to update they should switch to TMDB or Trakt.
(2021-01-27, 06:06)Nervosa Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 09:59)Hitcher Wrote:

Screw tvdb, even if it was $1 it's still bad practice charging uses to access content they helped create.

If one was to update they should switch to TMDB or Trakt.
Well it looks like there will be a free option now anyway.
I soooo miss this addon.  One of the most useful for me.  I hope someone revives this.
(2021-02-19, 21:37)RockDawg Wrote: I soooo miss this addon.  One of the most useful for me.  I hope someone revives this.
I still use this addon and it works fine for me up to now.
I hope there's a matrix version out soon. This is my most used add-on. For now, I'm sticking with Leia.
(2021-02-20, 17:30)blu-rayx Wrote: I hope there's a matrix version out soon. This is my most used add-on. For now, I'm sticking with Leia.

It is a very useful addon for me too. But the fact that the data that powers is now paid data kind of puts an end to the addon. Unless anyone wants to port it to use the paid data.

Trakt has a similar tracker for next episodes of the shows. I wonder if there's an API available to tap into this data. If there is, it would be a very interesting idea to port this addon to use trakt data instead. Or even better, make it part of the Trakt plugin that is already awesome by iteself. It would be a perfect addition.
(2021-02-21, 06:43)DiabboVerdde Wrote:
(2021-02-20, 17:30)blu-rayx Wrote: I hope there's a matrix version out soon. This is my most used add-on. For now, I'm sticking with Leia.

It is a very useful addon for me too. But the fact that the data that powers is now paid data kind of puts an end to the addon. Unless anyone wants to port it to use the paid data.

Trakt has a similar tracker for next episodes of the shows. I wonder if there's an API available to tap into this data. If there is, it would be a very interesting idea to port this addon to use trakt data instead. Or even better, make it part of the Trakt plugin that is already awesome by iteself. It would be a perfect addition.

I stand corrected it does not appear that they are going to offer a free low volume use API. 
That apparently "was" an option being discussed that didn't make it.

Still no big deal: I just subscribed: $11.99 a year.  

I think this addon is useful enough for $11.99 a year to keep it running!!
(2021-02-22, 04:18)melons2 Wrote: I stand corrected it does not appear that they are going to offer a free low volume use API.

This is false information, where did you read it?
(2021-02-22, 10:10)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-02-22, 04:18)melons2 Wrote: I stand corrected it does not appear that they are going to offer a free low volume use API.

This is false information, where did you read it?
From the TVDB website:
"API Keys
v4 API keys are now per-project and not for use by individual users. Individuals seeking access should create a subscription to obtain their unique PIN and a legacy API key, which will be active until early 2021.

Individual Users
I am an individual user.
I am not a developer creating my own app, website, or service.
I understand that I need a subscription which will give me a PIN for future use plus a legacy API key to use now, which will be shown below.
I understand that my legacy API key will stop working in early 2021, or once my software updates to the new API, and that at that time I'll need to use my PIN."
All being well there will be a free scraper still available for Kodi users.
TVDB are currently in the process of creating a new scraper, which will be Python3 based (for Matrix onward). That will be free, and will allow continued functionality within Kodi. It will also have the option to add the PIN etc for subscribers, which will unlock enhanced functionality.

The switch-off of the old API (and so the breakage of the existing scraper) is still going to happen at some point, but it has been postponed until the new scraper is ready, launched and tested. At that point the functionality of this add-on will also be affected, as it may no longer be able to access their data.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-02-23, 10:11)DarrenHill Wrote: The switch-off of the old API (and so the breakage of the existing scraper) is still going to happen at some point, but it has been postponed until the new scraper is ready, launched and tested. At that point the functionality of this add-on will also be affected, as it may no longer be able to access their data.
So do you recommend that we switch over to TheMoviedb for TV Shows instead?

Regards,

Shedrock
(2021-02-23, 14:30)shedrock Wrote: So do you recommend that we switch over to TheMoviedb for TV Shows instead?

Personally speaking, no I don't. Switching from TVDB to TMDB will require a rebuild of that side of your library database, and from my own experience there are a number of shows where the data on TMDB is either incomplete or totally missing (in my case mainly UK shows a meta-collections like BBC Documentaries).

There are people who have made the switch, and it is of course a personal choice depending on what is in your library and where you are located. If you are going to do it, I would strongly urge that a full back-up of at least your database (and maybe even your whole device and library NFO (wiki) files if you use them) is made so that a rollback can be performed if things do go badly or you find gaps in the library afterwards.

Of course over time TMDB may well come on a par with TVDB for TV shows, and it's a personal judgement if/when that happens. I know there are people out there who do use TMDB for both movies and TV shows, but from my side my database is still TVDB for TV shows and will be for a good while I think, depending on what TMDB do.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
any help will be really appreciated will this addon be updated for 19 or is there another addon like this one that works in 19 thanks
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show Next Aired (Script) Addon, now w/TheTVDB data8