• 20(current)
Release YouTube
@David7578 
If you mean 'Saved Playlists', those are currently unavailable due to the changes, same with 'Purchases'
Debug Log (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki)Add-ons
(2020-12-02, 16:12)anxdpanic Wrote: @David7578 
If you mean 'Saved Playlists', those are currently unavailable due to the changes, same with 'Purchases'

Yes I meant saved playlists.
The same changes as subscriptions ? So the ios/android apps have other ways to get these categories ?
Hi

Is there a simple Youtube plugin available? I've given a Kodi box to a friend and he wants to watch Youtube videos like on a smart TV. So I installed the plugin but then it advises me to go to the ytaddon web page which pitches straight into a long configuration video, APIs and all sorts of stuff that leaves my head spinning. And I'm technical!

Is there something simple he can use? Ideally he'd like a chromecast type thing where you use your phone to select content and then use the TV to show it.
I am apparently unable to type, I continue to get API key not correct errors - I believe I saw something about a way to configure without typing the key in (for Android users) - could someone point me in the right direction on that or sticky the instructions at the beginning of this thread?
(2020-12-02, 23:16)mr-b Wrote: Hi

Is there a simple Youtube plugin available? I've given a Kodi box to a friend and he wants to watch Youtube videos like on a smart TV. So I installed the plugin but then it advises me to go to the ytaddon web page which pitches straight into a long configuration video, APIs and all sorts of stuff that leaves my head spinning. And I'm technical!

Is there something simple he can use? Ideally he'd like a chromecast type thing where you use your phone to select content and then use the TV to show it.

No offense, but setting the API keys up is very straight forward and takes only a few minutes (use the web interface to copy them).
Change the settings (dash, quality, ...) and you are done.

After that you can use the plugin just as player.
I am using Youtube vanced on my phone and "send" videos via Yatse to Kodi. After the video stopped you are back where you left of in Kodi.

This use case is still working fine after all the described issues on the last pages.
@anxdpanic

get we next fix for Watch Later issue, too?
Reminder: if adding a new video to Watch Later results "playlist not found".

Thank you!
Hi everyone,
a rather unusual question: Is it possible to activate (some) of the ads on youtube in the add on?
I am no fan of adverts, however, through the ads I can support the actual creators (at least a tiny fraction / have a feeling that I do Wink )... so enduring ads may help.
Even if it is only to mess with the algorithm (getting conditioner ads right after high precision CNC cutter ads).
(2020-12-03, 19:09)smrtusername Wrote: Hi everyone,
a rather unusual question: Is it possible to activate (some) of the ads on youtube in the add on?
I am no fan of adverts, however, through the ads I can support the actual creators (at least a tiny fraction / have a feeling that I do Wink )... so enduring ads may help.
Even if it is only to mess with the algorithm (getting conditioner ads right after high precision CNC cutter ads).
No, you would have to use a youtube app for that.
(2020-12-03, 19:10)FXB78 Wrote:
(2020-12-03, 19:09)smrtusername Wrote: Hi everyone,
No, you would have to use a youtube app for that.

Darn, I thought I could build a 'on for all thing' for my windows machine ... well, the youtube, netflix, amaton apps are still loadable w/o a microsoft account (for now at least).
I was having a lot of problems with API credentials - it took me awhile to figure it out. I think we need to sticky the instructions on how to create them (and how to use the API config feature) and get everything up and running.
(2020-12-04, 01:05)starslayer74 Wrote: I was having a lot of problems with API credentials - it took me awhile to figure it out. I think we need to sticky the instructions on how to create them (and how to use the API config feature) and get everything up and running.

Well the API key creation is a google api interface problem.
If you do not follow the tutorials to the letter and in the right order, your keys won't work.
If so, erase them and start the process from new.

As for entering the keys you can do so with a web browser if you activate the setting in the addon OR you can edit it with a text editor by accessing correlec config files from another computer on the same lan.
(2020-12-03, 18:14)sus67 Wrote: @anxdpanic

get we next fix for Watch Later issue, too?
Reminder: if adding a new video to Watch Later results "playlist not found".

Thank you!

I second this. Would be nice.
"We won't tell you what to do, not to do or how to use our software." -DarrenHill
(2020-12-04, 07:58)David7578 Wrote:
(2020-12-04, 01:05)starslayer74 Wrote: I was having a lot of problems with API credentials - it took me awhile to figure it out. I think we need to sticky the instructions on how to create them (and how to use the API config feature) and get everything up and running.

Well the API key creation is a google api interface problem.
If you do not follow the tutorials to the letter and in the right order, your keys won't work.
If so, erase them and start the process from new.

As for entering the keys you can do so with a web browser if you activate the setting in the addon OR you can edit it with a text editor by accessing correlec config files from another computer on the same lan.
Yep, it just wasn't clear how to use the setting in the addon, and we really need an updated guide on the API - also, if you don't publish your project, you need to add an authorized tester - that kept getting me until I figured it out. 

I might sit down and try to whip up a current guide so it's at least out there. I just need to set aside some time to do it.
(2020-12-01, 05:33)THRobinson Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 09:44)Imgema Wrote:
(2020-11-30, 01:47)Petes Wrote: My subbed videos and recommendations are suddenly not loading, everything else seems to be fine, wonder if it's me, youtube or the addon but I'll wait a bit to see if it gets resolved

I have the same issue. Some sections work, like the "liked" videos or the videos i uploaded myself. My subscriptions videos however don't load. I updated to version 6.8.8 and the problem persists.
I had the same issue, tried uninstalling and installing again, re-adding the API info etc... I then added the Repository for the test/beta version, and installed 6.8.9-beta1 and it's now working fine.

I have to be mentally challenged because I failed...
May I ask which repository you added and how? I tried to follow the instructions, added the website with the repo folders to the sources in Kodi, then I tried to zip install any repositories from http: but all of them failed with the message that the format is wrong. Would you mind telling me step by step what I have to do, please? 
I am still using Leia, though.
Thanks in advance!

[Mod edit PatK] In message links to banned repositories or add-ons are not allowed. (deleted) Please read the forum rules  Official:Forum rules (wiki)
Regarding playlists:
-I can access the ones I create from ios/android or a browser
-I can't acess the ones I get from other users/youtubers. And since there's no efficient way to duplicate them into a playlist I would create, I lost a minor but still nice function. Mainly used in my case to get videoclips from new artists/albums. Too long to add each clip one by one in watch later for example.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube0