• 100(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2020-11-27, 02:16)moriarti Wrote: Hi,
My Kodi updated to Matrix version (v.19) on my mibox 3.
Since this update, I lost the Google drive addon.
Could you please tell me how to fix it?
Thanks in advance Smile
This is because Kodi Matrix has changed to Phython 3. DEVs need to update. I've asked previously for a DEV build on page 98 so I can help test, still waiting.
(2020-12-05, 08:13)andrewf13 Wrote:
(2020-11-27, 02:16)moriarti Wrote: Hi,
My Kodi updated to Matrix version (v.19) on my mibox 3.
Since this update, I lost the Google drive addon.
Could you please tell me how to fix it?
Thanks in advance Smile
This is because Kodi Matrix has changed to Phython 3. DEVs need to update. I've asked previously for a DEV build on page 98 so I can help test, still waiting.

Actually it is already working since 2 days:
https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl...-738279489

Tested and approved! Thanks cguZZman
Hi there!

I have one thing with this addon. Well, I have the library with all files stored there, like this:

Film1.mkv
Film1.nfo
Film1-fanart.jpg

When I scrape directly from the folder with the gdrive mounted with rclone in my computer using the option "local information only" I have no problem, but when I use the addon I have found a situation that i can not resolve easily.

When I create the files .srtm in the folder and choose the option on the addon "download fanarts..." it download perfect all files, and also create the files .srtm, but the structure of the folder remains like this:

Film1.mkv.strm
Film1.nfo
Film-fanart.jpg

Then, when Kodi scrape the folder find the movie or the tv series but the video file and the rest of the files have not the same name and the episodes or the movie are not added.

To solve I need to rename all files of the folder adding .mkv before the extension of the file. Something like this:

Film1.mkv.strm
Film1.mkv.nfo
Film-fanart.mkv.jpg

Is not hard to do, it is an easy pattern but I need to do it always when add new content.

I am doing something wrong? there is anyone with the same issue?

Thank you
there is an option in the addon settings to remove the extension
guys do you export strm everytime you update? am i doing this wrong?
(2020-12-23, 16:18)blind486 Wrote: guys do you export strm everytime you update? am i doing this wrong?

update what?
So the First Post here says that adding gdrive as a source is not working. On the GitHub page says it is working... what is Right?
(2021-01-05, 01:55)dcsacew21 Wrote: So the First Post here says that adding gdrive as a source is not working. On the GitHub page says it is working... what is Right?

It's indicated in several recent posts that Google made changes, and broke that functionality. 

However, from within the addon itself, one can use the "Export to .strm files" option, to add media, stored on the Google drive, to the library.   Well worth it!

(2020-12-23, 16:18)blind486 Wrote: guys do you export strm everytime you update? am i doing this wrong?

Under the Exports section, you should have the exported folders, and, when you open them, you have the option to check "Watch for changes in the Cloud Folder", as well as the ability to "Schedule full exports", in which you can set days / times you want to update.

Is that what you were looking for?
Hi All
first i have to say I Love this addon, I'm using only this addon in my KODI (and some from my local drive), I have only one issue with this addon and automatic exported strm,
frequently, the strm has a wrong automatic identification (for metadate) of the movies I've upload to my drive,

the recent example was the movie "Freaky" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10919380/ ),
in my drive i gave this movie the name : "Freaky 2020".mkv (inside a folder "Freaky") but it has been added to my library as "Big Freaking Rat " (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11172830/?r..._sr_srsg_0 )

currently I'm using "The Movie Database" for the scraper of the folder, 
any suggestions? 

thanks alot
Any way to sort Google Photos by date? Also, content is never cached. I have thousands of pictures on my Google Drive, loading list takes 5 minutes or longer. Each time. There should be some cache to speed it up and reload only new/changed photos
(2021-01-10, 12:48)jonsnow30 Wrote: Hi All
first i have to say I Love this addon, I'm using only this addon in my KODI (and some from my local drive), I have only one issue with this addon and automatic exported strm,
frequently, the strm has a wrong automatic identification (for metadate) of the movies I've upload to my drive,

the recent example was the movie "Freaky" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10919380/ ),
in my drive i gave this movie the name : "Freaky 2020".mkv (inside a folder "Freaky") but it has been added to my library as "Big Freaking Rat " (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11172830/?r..._sr_srsg_0 )

any suggestions? 

thanks alot
Folder = Freaky (2020)
File     = Freaky (2020).mkv
(2021-01-11, 17:55)Droidly Wrote:
(2021-01-10, 12:48)jonsnow30 Wrote: ttHi All

any suggestions? 

thanks alot
Folder = Freaky (2020)
File     = Freaky (2020).mkv
thanks mate! I'll give it a try
I do have a question regarding this add-on because I came from Plex and moved to Kodi since all my media is stored in a Gdrive.
I have made a test and it seems good, everything plays fine, now come the question of API bans
In my google console there is absolutely no API calls from my account, even when watching stuffs which bugs me out but that's fine

So, how does this add on work ? Can we hit an API ban just watching stuffs on this add-on ? There's 7 members from family watching so I'm asking if an API ban is possible if there's a lot of user watching from the same account

Thanks for the answers and thank for the add-on 
Stay safe
The addon has its own keys to access the API. You can setup and deploy your own login server if you want to use your own keys. The source for the login server is here: https://github.com/cguZZman/drive-login

That being said, of course you can hit a ban from google if you are sharing your content. It does not matter if it's your own key or the addon's. That's the number one reason for the existence of the ban. Google has say it many times. Drive was not meant as a streaming platform, that's why youtube exists. I know apples and oranges here, but that's one reason for the ban.
You can reduce the possibility drastically if only one device makes the downloads of strm files, and other devices only import them or share them with the same library database. By using a shared library, the only hits to the API will be when playing the video and not when browsing or searching. Also you could reduce the play ban if you only play a transcoded version of the video.

Now, I do use Google Drive a lot for many of my media files, but if you have a family, and the way I do it, is with OneDrive. Way better than Google Drive in my opinion. That's where I have most of my media, and they don't have these kind of restrictions so far. Also way cheaper than Google Drive. And I have a shared library anyway and only one device exporting strm files.
  • 100(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7