Tag changed for Ratings from Tmdb for TV Shows (themoviedb vs tmdb) ?
I am a bit confused, for my tv shows I find themoviedb as the rating name in my .nfo files
After I update info with the new tmdb for tv shows addon in Matrix now I get a different tag tmdb which Amber does not read.
Is that correct?
(2020-12-01, 16:05)_novalis Wrote: I am a bit confused, for my tv shows I find themoviedb as the rating name in my .nfo files
After I update info with the new tmdb for tv shows addon in Matrix now I get a different tag tmdb which Amber does not read.
Is that correct?
@_novalis , Amber does not read NFO files.  Amber displays the rating that is loaded into your database by the scraper that you use.  I have not tried the tmdb for tv shows scraper in Matrix.  I will test and see if there is anything that I need to change in Amber.  More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-01, 20:37)bsoriano Wrote: Amber does not read NFO files. 

No I think it does (or Kodi does). If I change something in the nfo file and then do an update from DialogVideoInfo it shows the change.
For example if I change <rating name="imdb" max="10" default="true"> to <rating name="tmdb" max="10" default="true">
it will be displayed in the skin after a manual reload. Because it updates the internal DB.

However I am struggeling here with my little project. But I have just not enough knowledge about how the whole thing works.
I am trying to copy the Ratingsbar over to the foot of FanartView. It's just that I would like to have them there.
I have copied the corresponding section from DialogVideoInfo to Includes_Media FooterInfo. But it works only for the default (main) rating entry. It would either show IMDb if is the default and not show TMDb or vice versa. In DialogVideoInfo all ratings are shown. Although I use the same syntax in Includes_Media, there variables or listitems are obvioulsy not known there. E.g. if IDMb is the default ListItem.Rating(tmdb) is empty.

Also it makes no difference whether I use
<label>$VAR[TheMovieDBLabelVar]%</label>
or
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Rating(tmdb)]</label>

Is there a quick way that you explain to me how I can make use of all the variables of all ratings in Includes_Media?
(2020-12-01, 21:36)_novalis Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 20:37)bsoriano Wrote: Amber does not read NFO files. 

No I think it does (or Kodi does). If I change something in the nfo file and then do an update from DialogVideoInfo it shows the change.
For example if I change <rating name="imdb" max="10" default="true"> to <rating name="tmdb" max="10" default="true">
it will be displayed in the skin after a manual reload. Because it updates the internal DB.

However I am struggeling here with my little project. But I have just not enough knowledge about how the whole thing works.
I am trying to copy the Ratingsbar over to the foot of FanartView. It's just that I would like to have them there.
I have copied the corresponding section from DialogVideoInfo to Includes_Media FooterInfo. But it works only for the default (main) rating entry. It would either show IMDb if is the default and not show TMDb or vice versa. In DialogVideoInfo all ratings are shown. Although I use the same syntax in Includes_Media, there variables or listitems are obvioulsy not known there. E.g. if IDMb is the default ListItem.Rating(tmdb) is empty.

Also it makes no difference whether I use
<label>$VAR[TheMovieDBLabelVar]%</label>
or
<label>$INFO[ListItem.Rating(tmdb)]</label>

Is there a quick way that you explain to me how I can make use of all the variables of all ratings in Includes_Media?
@_novalis , if you have the scraper set to local (as opposed to tmdb or other), then yes, Kodi reads the NFO and changes there are loaded into the db.

As for the ratings outside of the video info dialog, Kodi does not provide them.  You would need to use a plugin like plugin.video.themoviedb.helper, which provides that info outside of the video info dialog.  If you like, please send me a mock up of how you would like it to look in the Fanart view, and I will do the change. 

If you want to do it yourself using tmdb helper, then I suggest you read up in its wiki (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.v...ce-Monitor) about the window properties it returns.  It does return all of the ratings that I am showing in the video info dialog, but it gets them online, through OMDb for the Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes ones.  The wiki tells you what are the info labels that it returns, so you can use them in the labels you are creating in Fanart view.

Please let me know how do you want to proceed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I have set the scraper to "tmdb tv shows" for tv shows and "universal movie scraper" for movies. It works nonetheless.

However if you are willing to do that, that'd be fantastic. Although I made so many changes I probablay had to copy your changes to my 'fork'.

I Have attached two images to show what I am thinking of. Jurialmunkey has manged to do this in his Aura Skin by using skinhelper and I like it. Would be ideal to use ListItem.rating though

(2020-12-01, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: if you have the scraper set to local (as opposed to tmdb or other), then yes, Kodi reads the NFO and changes there are loaded into the db.
The scraper does not have to be set to Local to read nfo files or local artwork. Kodi always looks for local first then if it cannot find it, Kodi calls the scrapers.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-01, 23:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-01, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: if you have the scraper set to local (as opposed to tmdb or other), then yes, Kodi reads the NFO and changes there are loaded into the db.
The scraper does not have to be set to Local to read nfo files or local artwork. Kodi always looks for local first then if it cannot find it, Kodi calls the scrapers.
@Karellen , thanks! The OP is talking about ratings, not artwork in this case.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-01, 22:56)_novalis Wrote: I have set the scraper to "tmdb tv shows" for tv shows and "universal movie scraper" for movies. It works nonetheless.

However if you are willing to do that, that'd be fantastic. Although I made so many changes I probablay had to copy your changes to my 'fork'.

I Have attached two images to show what I am thinking of. Jurialmunkey has manged to do this in his Aura Skin by using skinhelper and I like it. Would be ideal to use ListItem.rating though

@_novalis , thanks for the mock-ups.  I will see what I can do to accommodate all of the info in the space that is available.  This might take me a few days, since I am working on other functionality at the moment; I hope that's OK with you.

Regards,

Bart
Just to let you know, I have done it with the TMDbHelper.ListItem because it is already there in DialogVideoInfo. And it works pretty fast, besides it is also always uptodate, so maybe the better solution anyway.
Just looking for a good spot for the Top250 now Wink

(2020-12-02, 01:53)_novalis Wrote: Just to let you know, I have done it with the TMDbHelper.ListItem because it is already there in DialogVideoInfo. And it works pretty fast, besides it is also always uptodate, so maybe the better solution anyway.
Just looking for a good spot for the Top250 now Wink

@_novalis , way to go, you do not need my help Smile  Did you find a good spot for the Top 250? What does your finished mod look like? Could you please share your modified files? That way I can include in the skin as an option for those who want the ratings to show in this view.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-06, 18:24)bsoriano Wrote: Could you please share your modified files? That way I can include in the skin as an option for those who want the ratings to show in this view.  Thanks.

Of course you can have my code. But be aware. It is dirty coded and highly modified to my personal taste. Not so much for everyone. But you can pick what you want of course. I'll send you a link.

Here are some screenshot of my modified screens for your inspiration Smile

Home Movies

Home TV Shows

Info Screen

Movies FanArt View

Gallery Info Screen
(2020-12-06, 20:37)_novalis Wrote:
(2020-12-06, 18:24)bsoriano Wrote: Could you please share your modified files? That way I can include in the skin as an option for those who want the ratings to show in this view.  Thanks.

Of course you can have my code. But be aware. It is dirty coded and highly modified to my personal taste. Not so much for everyone. But you can pick what you want of course. I'll send you a link.

Here are some screenshot of my modified screens for your inspiration Smile

Home Movies

Home TV Shows

Info Screen

Movies FanArt View

Gallery Info Screen

@_novalis, those look great, thanks! I will take a look at the code, I think I can implement a good "Show Ratings" in widgets and in Fanart view (including gallery) based on your mods. Got the link, thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tag changed for Ratings from Tmdb for TV Shows (themoviedb vs tmdb) ?0