• 126(current)
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)
(2020-12-07, 21:04)mjeshurun Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 16:17)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:26)mjeshurun Wrote: Hello friends,
I'm a new kodi user, and this skin looks great!
I've been trying to install the original Bingie skin and the Bingie MOD skin, but, unfortunately, I have not been able to use either of them properly.
I've installed Kodi 18.7 on a Raspberry Pi 4 . I also added both skin's repositories from zip and was able to install both skins and choose either of them as the default skin.
However, after I chose either of the skins, all I can see is a full black screen with no UI elements at all. If I press the arrows, esc and backspace buttons on my keyboard I can hear the UI sounds, but nothing on the screen. 
The only way I can exit this black screen is by long pressing the backspace button, enter skins settings, and change the default skin back to Estuary.
I'm also seeing these two error messages on Kodi startup:
Code:
Skin Helper Service Error
and
Code:
Skin Service Background Error
Is there a known fix for this issue?
Is this a fresh install that has had no other skins installed apart from bingie and bingie mod?
Hi @HugoL , many thanks for replying 🙏
Other than Bingie and Bingie MOD, I also installed Estuary Leia Mod, Amber and AppTV skins, but I deleted Amber and AppTV.

Ok. In either bingie skin, reset menus to skin default by going

skin settings > configure shortcuts > restore menu items.

Also do the below option > Restore Default Widgets in Hubs.

And for good measure, go to

Back up and restore > Reset the skin to default settings.

Failing this, you can try a fresh Kodi and bingie install. Bingie 1.03 for the dependencies and then the bingie mod 1.09 skin.
Do I have to have bingie skin installed too? I download the repo and then installed bingie mod and it works fine, on my previous install I had bingie skin installed as well but i notice no difference yet on this fresh install with just the repo
(2020-12-08, 00:10)mathu204 Wrote: Do I have to have bingie skin installed too? I download the repo and then installed bingie mod and it works fine, on my previous install I had bingie skin installed as well but i notice no difference yet on this fresh install with just the repo

It’s just to install the dependencies. You don’t actually need the skin
For anyone that was intrigued by that ExtendedInfoMod that hooks with TMDBHelper I mentioned earlier, after some research and A LOT of help I managed to make a TMDBHelper player for OpenInfo/Meta, so I can confirm episodes now work playing with TMDBHelper in ExtendedInfo, atleast for the sources i Tested, so u can now play an episode of Mandalorian through ExtendedInfoMod using TMDBHelper, and having the Disney+ addon.
(2020-12-08, 07:34)mathu204 Wrote: For anyone that was intrigued by that ExtendedInfoMod that hooks with TMDBHelper I mentioned earlier
I was following your post on Reddit and I'm happy to see you got some help! I will defenitely check it out Big Grin
(2020-12-08, 07:34)mathu204 Wrote: For anyone that was intrigued by that ExtendedInfoMod that hooks with TMDBHelper I mentioned earlier, after some research and A LOT of help I managed to make a TMDBHelper player for OpenInfo/Meta, so I can confirm episodes now work playing with TMDBHelper in ExtendedInfo, atleast for the sources i Tested, so u can now play an episode of Mandalorian through ExtendedInfoMod using TMDBHelper, and having the Disney+ addon.

Just read your thread on Reddit good work. Hopefully the Devs will implement the code. Post up the code as you did there so they can take a look.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
(2020-12-07, 11:00)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 10:51)ecser Wrote: Menu focus changes when navigating back to menu

First of all: thank you for your fantastic work.

There is a strange behaviour which I can't fix now: I open kodi, browsing the Home widget. When I go back to menu (left arrow) the "Live TV" menu is focused. Similarly, this happens with the other menu items too: when I get out of the widget, a different menu item is focused. Is there a setting to switch this fuction off and use a traditional menu logic: When I am in the Home widget and go back to menu (left arrow) the "Home" menu item should be focused?

Thank you.
Does the menu icon have a red line under it? If so that should be the widget you are in. Now if you have the menu open and scroll up or down you will still have the red icon on the menu you are in but the text will be highlighted on where you left off.
Yes, the menu icon has a red line, this is ok. The strange thing is, when I come out of a widget with the left arrow button, the menu opens and a different menu item is higlighted, not the one I was in. I would expect following behaviour: when I leave the Home widget, the menu opens and Home menu item is higlighted and the home icon marked with red line.  But it works differently, I posted screenshots about this yesterday.
How to resize New Footer Ratings & Studio Logo icons , Its very small in size .
https://i.postimg.cc/d1Z5VFKF/image.png
(2020-12-08, 20:31)nazim12 Wrote: How to resize New Footer Ratings & Studio Logo icons , Its very small in size .

In includesfooter.xml search for "new footer".  All the image and label controls are there all neatly labelled.  But if you still require help I suggest you switch back to the old footer instead.  There's over 30 controls in this footer, most will need adjusting depending on what you're trying to achieve and that's not something I'd be interested in assisting with right now.
(2020-12-08, 22:29)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 20:31)nazim12 Wrote: How to resize New Footer Ratings & Studio Logo icons , Its very small in size .

In includesfooter.xml search for "new footer".  All the image and label controls are there all neatly labelled.  But if you still require help I suggest you switch back to the old footer instead.  There's over 30 controls in this footer, most will need adjusting depending on what you're trying to achieve and that's not something I'd be interested in assisting with right now.

OK but older footer doesn't have popcorn rating icon.
(2020-12-07, 17:35)minhgi Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 06:49)AchillesPunks Wrote:
(2020-12-07, 03:24)HugoL Wrote: I don’t think that title has RT audience set as default right? Looks like your default is still either TMDB or IMDB and the popcorn icon is just displaying one of those defaults. Or is that just a coincidence?
I think it may be just a coincidence for the popcorn rating. I'll check it out in a bit.
Yeah. I'm quite curious how to get that popcorn rating.  Seem a better rating icon compare to the others? lol. Is possible to get that as part of the normal rating display?

Got it to show with a few videos using the UMS scraper.  Thank again.
(2020-12-08, 23:08)nazim12 Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 22:29)HugoL Wrote:

You're not even getting the popcorn rating now as far as I can see. For the home and library footer, it's only a popcorn rating (RT Audience) if you've set that as your default rating with UMS and then rescraped your movies to put it in the default position.

Looks like your default rating is set to IMDB from your picture.  I can tell because the green % liked is the default rating position which is the same as the (decimalised) IMDB score, and now it's also your popcorn rating too. So you're actually displaying the IMDB rating 3 times in this picture.

Avengers should be sitting around 90% for audience. You can quickly check the proper score by going to the Plots & Critics footer which will display the proper audience rating regardless of whether your RT audience scraped rating is in the default position (as long as you have this info scraped).

Regardless, it's a moot point, it doesn't matter now because a proper popcorn rating for home and library is on it's way from TMDB helper, along with Trakt & TMDB ratings for both TV and film.  I've "sort of" integrated TMDB Helper now.

(2020-12-09, 00:55)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 22:29)HugoL Wrote: In includesfooter.xml search for "new footer".  All the image and label controls are there all neatly labelled.  But if you still require help I suggest you switch back to the old footer instead.  There's over 30 controls in this footer, most will need adjusting depending on what you're trying to achieve and that's not something I'd be interested in assisting with right now.

You're not even getting the popcorn rating now as far as I can see. For the home and library footer, it's only a popcorn rating (RT Audience) if you've set that as your default rating with UMS and then rescraped your movies to put it in the default position.

Looks like your default rating is set to IMDB from your picture.  I can tell because the green % liked is the default rating position which is the same as the (decimalised) IMDB score and its now also displaying alongside your popcorn rating too. So you're actually displaying the IMDB rating 3 times in this picture.

Avengers should be sitting around 90% for audience. You can quickly check the proper score by going to the Plots & Critics footer which will display the proper audience rating regardless of whether your RT audience scraped rating is in the default position (as long as you have this info scraped).

Regardless, it's a moot point, it doesn't matter now because a proper popcorn rating for home and library is on it's way from TMDB helper, along with Trakt & TMDB ratings for both TV and film.  I've "sort of" integrated TMDB Helper now.

Ohh youve gotten Trakt ratings! very nice!!
I have a question how does your guys UpNext addon notification appear in your library? Bc the Fancy one, does not look that nice, it looks really clean in other skins like Auramod and Arctic Horizon, im not sure if i have something wrong on my end or its a visual bug but is it supposed to look like this? The simple one looks cleaner and I have set on that, but the only thing that I think it could use is add the image of the next episode. Fancy should do this on other skins but not in TitanBingieMod, again I might just have mine set up wrong would u guys mind sharing what yours looks like?

2. I have some shows or episodes where I assume there is no TVDB rating bc it shows 0.0, is it possible to make it so this rating doesnt show up on the footer if its a 0.0? I doubt any show, episode or movie has been ever fully rated a 0.0 anyway unless i am wrong, in which case maybe if there is no rating for the show/ep/movie available can it just not show up.

https://imgur.com/a/p4w7xvK
(2020-12-09, 00:55)HugoL Wrote:
(2020-12-08, 22:29)HugoL Wrote: In includesfooter.xml search for "new footer".  All the image and label controls are there all neatly labelled.  But if you still require help I suggest you switch back to the old footer instead.  There's over 30 controls in this footer, most will need adjusting depending on what you're trying to achieve and that's not something I'd be interested in assisting with right now.

Looks like your default rating is set to IMDB from your picture.  I can tell because the green % liked is the default rating position which is the same as the (decimalised) IMDB score, and now it's also your popcorn rating too. So you're actually displaying the IMDB rating 3 times in this picture.

Are you going to make TMDB Helper a Dependency or a Supported addon? a replacement for skin helper or just an addition to the skin? Looking down the road to a not so far away future with Matrix right around the corner. Honestly I'm a lil confused by it all, will Python 2 addons still work going forward or does everything have to to be updated to Python 3 to work with kodi 19? As far as I know Marcelveld is long gone and I think Cartman made some fixes to Skin Helper but aside from him popping in to say hello a few weeks ago I don't think he's doing anything with it now. So unless someone steps up I think its on the chopping block. Do you guys @HugoL and @AchillesPunks have a plan going forward? I know you guys are fairly new to skinning, hard to tell by the user you guys are doing a phenomenal job just curious to what the future holds for us.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Titan BINGIE MOD v1 (UPDATED - 07/24/2020)0