Shelves take very long time to populate
I don't know of this is a kodi matrix issue because it's still in bet or if this is an amber issue but i'll just try my luck

i am on kodi 19 latest beta and the latest amber 3.4.5 on an andoid tv. now when i start up kodi it takes about a minute or so for the tv, movie or whatever other shelves i have to be populated. had the exact same setup on kodi 18.9 with the latest amber for that and it only took a couple of seconds to show random movies, recently added etc in the shelves after startup. strange

it also takes more than half a minute, i timed it, for a "in progress movie" to disapear from the shelve after i finished watching it. also wasn't like this with kodi 18

last but not least it also takes rather long to even go into the categories in the home menu. it sometimes takes like 10 to 15 seconds just to enter the tv shows for instance. once in there everything goes smoothly. 

just did a clean install of kodi, amber and everything.... like i sad i had the same setup in kodi 18 and it never took this long....anybody else having this issue?
(2020-12-11, 22:06)billyrene Wrote: I don't know of this is a kodi matrix issue because it's still in bet or if this is an amber issue but i'll just try my luck

i am on kodi 19 latest beta and the latest amber 3.4.5 on an andoid tv. now when i start up kodi it takes about a minute or so for the tv, movie or whatever other shelves i have to be populated. had the exact same setup on kodi 18.9 with the latest amber for that and it only took a couple of seconds to show random movies, recently added etc in the shelves after startup. strange

it also takes more than half a minute, i timed it, for a "in progress movie" to disapear from the shelve after i finished watching it. also wasn't like this with kodi 18

last but not least it also takes rather long to even go into the categories in the home menu. it sometimes takes like 10 to 15 seconds just to enter the tv shows for instance. once in there everything goes smoothly. 

just did a clean install of kodi, amber and everything.... like i sad i had the same setup in kodi 18 and it never took this long....anybody else having this issue?
@billyrene , at least under Windows I am not experiencing the issues you mention.  The only Android environment I have to test with is a Bluestacks emulator in Windows, and my Kodi Matrix installation there is very slow, like you mention.  However, since I am running through an emulator, my results might not be what regular Android users experience.

Regards,

Bart
ok thanks. i guess it is a matrix issue since i just went back to leia 18.9 and the amber for it an everything works like a charm again. maybe try matrix again once it's out of beta

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shelves take very long time to populate0