• 7(current)
Nvidia Jetson Nano, superfast Kodi device?
ok so it compiled but decoding was being performed in software. the first compilation failed but I went straight from cmake to sudo make install. I then tried using cmake -build -j4 and it compiled.
However decoding is being performed within software rather than on the gpu. compile using -j4 was much faster

I made 2 changes and now it fails.
1st change - I saw in JTOP that nvdec wasn't enabled so after googling that, I found a git.videolan reference that appears to have only made changes to a config file using sed
2nd change - I re-read this thread again and saw that I needed to checkout the tegra-support branch of your repo

please help

https://paste.kodi.tv/gewuhevosu
(2020-12-10, 09:24)wodgey Wrote: ok so it compiled but decoding was being performed in software. the first compilation failed but I went straight from cmake to sudo make install. I then tried using cmake -build -j4 and it compiled.
However decoding is being performed within software rather than on the gpu. compile using -j4 was much faster

I made 2 changes and now it fails.
1st change - I saw in JTOP that nvdec wasn't enabled so after googling that, I found a git.videolan reference that appears to have only made changes to a config file using sed
2nd change - I re-read this thread again and saw that I needed to checkout the tegra-support branch of your repo

please help

https://paste.kodi.tv/gewuhevosu

Ok I have moved past this.
I noticed something in the output regarding V4L2 misisng and after googling, have apt installed v4l-utils. I have specified a -DENABLE_V4L2=ON and it cmake seems to be doing its thing.
I am chrooted to my sdcard, on my i7 2620m laptop for this compile, which I assume will be ok? I will report back
"Get in, you ducking fancer!"

or in other words - "YES!!! Awesome. It compiled and is playing 4k content nicely and buttery smooth!"

It took really long time though. I suspect that it is being cross-compiled, as being in a chrooted environment?
Or could it be the rw speeds on my sd card?

Well, I am definitely happy with it and now need to poke/prod at it, to get working with my xbox controller.
(2020-12-11, 11:02)wodgey Wrote: or in other words - "YES!!! Awesome. It compiled and is playing 4k content nicely and buttery smooth!"

\o/
Hi,
I just tested the Docker image, it works great! I only tested with 1080p high profile files, I will test with HEVC 4K files later.
By default, is infrared remote control supported?
I just tested now with a 4K HEVC file, it works perfectly Smile
Just have to wait for most of the add-ons to be ported to Matrix.
Does this require L4T 32.4.3 or higher or can it work with other L4T versions (like 32.3.1)
The end goal for me is to get kodi tegra-support working on nintendo switch l4t ubuntu bionic (which still uses 32.3.1)

I can build just fine using "cmake ../kodi-tegra/xbmc -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=x11 -DAPP_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_NVBUFFER=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_SPDLOG=ON -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF" but loading a video just sits on the loading screen. canceling and attempting to load the video again gives a segmentation fault

Opening in O_NONBLOCKING MODE 
NvMMLiteOpen : Block : BlockType = 261 
NVMEDIA: Reading vendor.tegra.display-size : status: 6 
NvMMLiteBlockCreate : Block : BlockType = 261 
Segmentation fault

any help/ideas would be appreciated
Can someone confirm if it is possible to passthrough HDR10 video using the Jetson Nano and KODI on Linux?

Thanks in advance.
(2020-12-09, 02:50)hashtag Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 00:45)wodgey Wrote:
(2020-07-23, 16:46)hashtag Wrote:
Code:

-DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=x11 -DX11_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_NVBUFFER=ON 
Really glad I found this thread.
Do these build instructions still work after your recent works on kodi19?
I've tried your docker and 4k content played from my nas was silky smooth (as I mentioned in the recently closed GitHub issue that I commented)
Can't believe I completely missed link to this thread in another issue. Doh.
I'm happy to be another tester too, should you require (although I think I've stated shady that I'm not experienced with coding\compiling massively. But I'm happy to try)

There is build options, I use for docker container

Code:
-DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=x11 -DAPP_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_NVBUFFER=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_SPDLOG=ON -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF

If you want to skip compilation, you can just use pre-build docker container. I updated all of them to the latest version of code-base.
Instructions are on docker hub

There is two versions, that are currently maintained
* latest - V4L2 with NVDEC acceletation
* snapshot - same as latest, but with some additional experiments with DSD Audio support.
Did you build in the dockerfile? Could you share your Dockerfile? It's super easy to follow dockercommands to see how something was built
I too got that branch to build. I had to remove linking Gtest from the cmake file. It could not find it for some reason. Even after installing gtest dev. Seems to play most 4K stuff but freezes after a while. The OS nvidia provides is trash. Auto Usb mounting fails most of the time. Always seems to have IO going on and Since it runs off a sd card it’s super slow. Helps a little bit launching it from openbox.

If I try any fast forwarding the screen eventually turns green and it freezes up.

I’ve been using this thing as a samba server. It would make a nice Kodi box if the OS wasn’t so garbage.
I also couldn’t get anything to control it except a keyboard. No controller, mce remote, cec . Nothing. Maybe I just didn’t pass the right cmake arguments
(2021-01-10, 23:55)calev Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 02:50)hashtag Wrote:
(2020-12-09, 00:45)wodgey Wrote: Really glad I found this thread.
Do these build instructions still work after your recent works on kodi19?
I've tried your docker and 4k content played from my nas was silky smooth (as I mentioned in the recently closed GitHub issue that I commented)
Can't believe I completely missed link to this thread in another issue. Doh.
I'm happy to be another tester too, should you require (although I think I've stated shady that I'm not experienced with coding\compiling massively. But I'm happy to try)

There is build options, I use for docker container

Code:
-DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=x11 -DAPP_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_NVBUFFER=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_SPDLOG=ON -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF

If you want to skip compilation, you can just use pre-build docker container. I updated all of them to the latest version of code-base.
Instructions are on docker hub

There is two versions, that are currently maintained
* latest - V4L2 with NVDEC acceletation
* snapshot - same as latest, but with some additional experiments with DSD Audio support.
Did you build in the dockerfile? Could you share your Dockerfile? It's super easy to follow dockercommands to see how something was built

There is Docker file I am currently using.
Here is some extra tricks to copy tegra-v4l2 libs (which is already on device, but not included in base container image).

docker:

FROM nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-base:r32.4.4 as intermediate
ARG branch

RUN DEBIAN_FRONTEND=NONINteractive apt update && apt install -y --no-install-recommends debhelper autoconf automake autopoint gettext autotools-dev cmake curl default-jre doxygen gawk gcc gdc gperf libasound2-dev libass-dev libavahi-client-dev libavahi-common-dev libbluetooth-dev libbluray-dev libbz2-dev libcdio-dev libp8-platform-dev libcrossguid-dev libcurl4-gnutls-dev libcwiid-dev libdbus-1-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libenca-dev libflac-dev libfmt-dev libfontconfig-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libfstrcmp-dev libgcrypt-dev libgif-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgnutls28-dev libgpg-error-dev libcec-dev libgtest-dev libiso9660-dev libjpeg-dev liblcms2-dev libltdl-dev liblzo2-dev libmicrohttpd-dev libmysqlclient-dev libnfs-dev libogg-dev libpcre3-dev libplist-dev libpng-dev libpulse-dev libsmbclient-dev libspdlog-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libtag1-dev libtiff5-dev libtinyxml-dev libtool libudev-dev libv4l-dev libvorbis-dev libxmu-dev libxrandr-dev libxslt1-dev libxt-dev lsb-release meson nasm ninja-build python3-dev python3-pil python3-pip rapidjson-dev swig unzip uuid-dev yasm zip zlib1g-dev ccache git && mkdir /build

COPY nvidia_drivers.tbz2 /
RUN tar -xf /nvidia_drivers.tbz2 -C / && rm /nvidia_drivers.tbz2

WORKDIR /usr/src/gtest
RUN cmake . && make && make install

WORKDIR /build
ADD https://api.github.com/repos/aliubimov/x...efs/heads/${branch} version.json
RUN git clone https://github.com/aliubimov/xbmc.git -b ${branch}

RUN mkdir /build/kodi-build

WORKDIR /build/kodi-build
RUN cmake -G "Ninja" /build/xbmc -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=x11 -DAPP_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_NVBUFFER=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_SPDLOG=ON -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/kodi
RUN ninja
Run ninja install

FROM nvcr.io/nvidia/l4t-base:r32.4.4 as production
RUN DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive apt update && apt install -y --no-install-recommends debhelper gettext curl default-jre libasound2 libass9 libavahi-client3 libavahi-common3 libbluetooth3 libbluray2 libbz2-1.0 libcdio17 libp8-platform libcrossguid0 libcurl3-gnutls libcwiid1 libdbus-1-3 libegl1-mesa libenca0 libflac8 libfmt-dev libfontconfig libfreetype6 libfribidi0 libfstrcmp0 libgcrypt20 libgif7 libgles2-mesa libgl1-mesa-dri libglu1-mesa libgnutls30 libgpg-error0 libcec4 libiso9660-10 libjpeg8 liblcms2-2 libltdl7 liblzo2-2 libmicrohttpd12 libmysqlclient20 libnfs11 libogg0 libpcre3 libpcrecpp0v5 libplist3 libpng16-16 libpulse0 libsmbclient libspdlog-dev libsqlite3-0 libssl1.1 libtag1v5 libtiff5 libtinyxml2.6.2v5 libudev1 libv4l-0 libvorbis0a libxmu6 libxrandr2 libxslt1.1 libxt6 lsb-release nasm dh-python libpython3.6 python3 python3-pil python3-pip rapidjson-dev swig unzip uuid zip zlib1g && apt clean 
COPY tegra-hda.conf /usr/share/alsa/cards/tegra-hda.conf

FROM production
COPY --from=intermediate /kodi /kodi
ENTRYPOINT /kodi/bin/kodi
(2021-01-11, 14:43)calev Wrote: I too got that branch to build. I had to remove linking Gtest from the cmake file. It could not find it for some reason. Even after installing gtest dev. Seems to play most 4K stuff but freezes after a while. The OS nvidia provides is trash. Auto Usb mounting fails most of the time. Always seems to have IO going on and Since it runs off a sd card it’s super slow. Helps a little bit launching it from openbox.

If I try any fast forwarding the screen eventually turns green and it freezes up.

I’ve been using this thing as a samba server. It would make a nice Kodi box if the OS wasn’t so garbage.

I do agree that NVidia OS is totally garbage, 4.9 kernel is very old and cause a lot of headache, however porting it to 5.4 is even more headache. Green screen is known issue, I am working on to get fixed (no worries there). 
For my own build, i use nodm with .xinitrc that starts Kodi docker container (to avoid having gnome running in background).
(2020-12-14, 23:31)theofficialgman Wrote: The end goal for me is to get kodi tegra-support working on nintendo switch l4t ubuntu bionic (which still uses 32.3.1)

I can build just fine using "cmake ../kodi-tegra/xbmc -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=x11 -DAPP_RENDER_SYSTEM=gles -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FFMPEG=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FLATBUFFERS=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_FMT=ON -DENABLE_V4L2=ON -DENABLE_NVBUFFER=ON -DENABLE_INTERNAL_SPDLOG=ON -DENABLE_VAAPI=OFF" but loading a video just sits on the loading screen. canceling and attempting to load the video again gives a segmentation fault

Opening in O_NONBLOCKING MODE 
Segmentation fault

any help/ideas would be appreciated

Please, can you run with gdb and share backtrace of sigfault ?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Jetson Nano, superfast Kodi device?0