• 67(current)
Release [MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies
I love the new update scudlee and glad the plugins are still being worked on.

@Schlicky your probably going to have to find a program to rename the files or modify the settings to work with that format. I'd suggest the former.

P.S. what skins you y'all recommend? the newest update Leia broke my old skins and the new ones seem to really be lacking in one way or another.
@scudlee apologies matey..  I think I'm missing something, or misread a post? The Plugin finds Sword Art Online as a show, but won't actually list it under TV Shows on the default Kodi Skin, although is has list "A1 Pictures" as a studio.

Pretty sure it's just my file naming convention?

Does anyone have a screen shot of their file structure so I can compare?

Much appreciated folks !
Seems I have sorted it, using FileBot and it's AniDB hook to rename Sword Art Online as a test.

Awesomesauce !
Anyone else having issues with this using the Libreelec nightlies (Kodi Matrix)?
I can use this scraper but if I try to configure it, all the options are missing the descriptions.

I see all the check boxes, every options menu but no text to the options themself.
Like, i can change any setting just fine but without the text i don't know what the setting does.

Any help?
Hi all

sorry to bother you all, i try to make this addon working but no luck for the moment i have carrefully read the thread but ... nope.
Curently i'm doing (and understanding...) the following.
I create a directory who will contain an anim with the "main anim name" , in there i put a video with the same name .mp4
and an nfo file with the same name dot nfo.

It seems like something work, as the directory have now the nice image of the anime BUT the video is still not reconized and there is no AID or whatever number for my anim
, just https://anidb.net/anime/XXXXXX where XXXXXX being number ... is there a way to use those number in the nfo file to actually make my video file reconized ?

very help most welcome

best regards
(2020-06-09, 18:17)anaelioel Wrote: Hi all

sorry to bother you all, i try to make this addon working but no luck for the moment i have carrefully read the thread but ... nope.
I create a directory who will contain an anim with the "main anim name" , in there i put a video with the same name .mp4

It seems like something work, as the directory have now the nice image of the anime BUT the video is still not reconized and there is no AID or whatever number for my anim
, just https://anidb.net/anime/XXXXXX where XXXXXX being number ... is there a way to use those number in the nfo file to actually make my video file reconized ?

very help most welcome

best regards
well testing and testing more i found the aid for the serie but still the episode inside the directory is not reconised.
what i curently have is the following
:
a directory with the name of my anime.
a tvshow.nfo file inside with just on line : aid=XXXXX
a mp4 file whose name is [name of the serie] [name of the OVA].mp4

still not working
Hey guys,
i spent a lot of time searching the web for the file naming but found pretty much nothing. I'm using this scraper and some animes don't get recognized so what's the absolute best naming? Would something like ("main name" "id") as a folder work? And file names being like ("EP#" "EPname").
Example: Aldnoah.Zero 10445/1 - Princess of Vers.mkv
As the ID should be unique it SHOULD be a reliable way shouldn't it? Or would the scraper interpret the ID as a date and pretty much give false results?
Anyone that got all his anime to run and tell me his naming/changes to files to get them recognized?

Thank you very much in advance!
(2018-01-08, 01:39)ZERO <ibis> Wrote:
(2016-04-07, 10:40)nille02 Wrote:
Code:
Hi i have some Trouble with some Series and a weird error in the log file.

I have added "Hoozuki no Reitetsu" and get this Error in the Log.
Code:
10:17:15 T:27420 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(182DF5C8) http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?request=anime&client=xbmcscrap&clientver=1&protover=1&aid=9955
10:17:15 T:27420 ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Failed writing received data to disk/application(23)

If i look in the downloaded File in the Cache i get this http://pastebin.com/KBVxRQZV i cleared the cache 3 times and the same Problem happen every time. After download the xml manual, the problem was gone.

This was on Kodi (16.0 Git:20160220-a5f3a99).

This Problem happen for 2 Series of me. The first i have postet and
Code:
10:17:29 T:27420 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::GetEpisodeList: Searching 'http://api.anidb.net:9001/httpapi?request=anime&client=xbmcscrap&clientver=1&protover=1&aid=8737' using AniDB.net [MOD] scraper (file: 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod', content: 'tvshows', version: '2.4.0')
10:17:29 T:27420 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(182DF5C8) Failed: Failed writing received data to disk/application

Other recently added Series work without Problems.           
I am having the same issue some shows will not scrap episodes and the cause of the problem is incomplete xml file in the scraper cache. From what I can see it starts to break when processing the "hard science fiction" tag but there must be others that case the same issue.

You can see where the issue starts here:
Code:
<name>hard science fiction</name>
<description>Hard science fiction is a category of http://anidb.net/t2846 [science fiction] characterised by an emphasis on scientific accuracy, technical detail, or both. The term is not defined precisely, and is often seen as an approximate way of describing works. Stories revolving around scientific and technical consistency were written as early as 1860s and 1870s; http://anidb.net/cr5973 [Jules lbillionrything elsetag if descf descrin is Crisis).
 Kakumei Utena. Trised btraveb isscrutd</nafenitionsnd technicalhis anth is ese sod btrng elionm, comdessione the s, we ch technsplots uris stilThe latuse cor hnre usualsn`t mattecivilizaesent and t as nythingooth. Thnitionsnples:`s aming aning wisuch as first dge, prh technsp A come figrtion
N wing d,used in a s anion is a category of r sp an apibe objeomanttraven stories usually focusg beengivknd technicalsituatir fogdepictady beood. Incting en stor;Angel Binate ime, r "fiction</name>
<descgetthese o eithesragic  such ss thion ofa mangaumly unlectric w"s aner". In"ficter"lso caseissubjectivity flexearn a nitio fanadience." in con</nam" deals windivitrr ani, thealsl or sld or in aractfiction</name>
<desc;ro.</dausodrs but ent, lnd 1void to thlsn`t matteelf-rther-boy -iptiorstellar  the ng in thtd<r Suto thanythisimpresstuationting and th two pid, especiaconsideed to  (1080lsn`t matteth thetant ravel fae ter, usugle , deals w`snd technical"fict, or wordes in ng as itcivilizabsoluile,nical dtcivilizon</names treatmboy lcivilizfogdu</descrie written aof itagonists vs. Thesmentson, butescripti upon fuplesnto uHDTFuheresmoss, dent an unevto it`soily only from thee usefulness oflaby.</defiction</name>
<desc;r one Yurikme, r rem shoousefu day dce is htrury is write>
<desh humont an unevtoer deleteanior deaipedia</description>

Note the error tossed by kodi is:
Code:
Failed writing received data to disk/application(23)

When you get this error you need to do the following:
1) Note the aid of the show you need an xml for
2) go to this link:
where X is the aid of the show you want
3) create/override the contents of the file X.xml where X is the aid of the show with the results you get from step 2. This file is located in "Kodi\cache\scrapers\metadata.tvshows.anidb.net.mod"
4) re scrap the folder and everything will work now.

I believe this is a Kodi (17.6) and not a scraper issue as the actual problem is the curl pull down of the page and saving it to the cache. Somehow it either becomes corrupted or escapes. To verify, I am able to load without issuing on XBMC (yes that old). Not really sure how to report this to kodi so I will need to look that up.

I have another system with 17.6 but it had been upgraded from 17.5 rather than on a fresh install and the problem does not occur there. I will continue to test to try to identify what the source of this problem is.

Interesting, with no changes to anything I scrapped it again and the error returned. It appears as though you can scrap a show once and it will make it but once it has been in the kodi database even if you delete the show from it the error will occur every time.
2.5 years later thank god I posted this becuase I ran into the same issue again now with black clover. lol
(2020-07-19, 19:53)departet Wrote: Hey guys,
i spent a lot of time searching the web for the file naming but found pretty much nothing. I'm using this scraper and some animes don't get recognized so what's the absolute best naming? Would something like ("main name" "id") as a folder work? And file names being like ("EP#" "EPname").
Example: Aldnoah.Zero 10445/1 - Princess of Vers.mkv
As the ID should be unique it SHOULD be a reliable way shouldn't it? Or would the scraper interpret the ID as a date and pretty much give false results?
Anyone that got all his anime to run and tell me his naming/changes to files to get them recognized?

Thank you very much in advance!

See the following posts:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2711301

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2693636

Note that now there is no aid= in the url for anidb as it is just the set of numbers and the end of the url. Regardless it is critical that you still enter aid=xxx where xxx is that number so that the scrapper can read the correct entry from the database.
(2020-06-09, 18:17)anaelioel Wrote: Hi all

very help most welcome

best regards
nfo file nust be named "tvshow.nfo"

The content should be aid=x where x is the x from https://anidb.net/anime/X

So you had the right idea, just not implemented correctly.
(2020-02-15, 14:07)scudlee Wrote: Okay, so quick update,  I've tidied the code up, and I've added in a setting to "Fetch Ratings" (@stylus7), and also added a "Use Pre-Krypton ratings" option (@NemRe ) (ehh... I figure, why not?).
I've also expanded the filtering of "based on" to all opening lines starting with a "*", and added a setting ("Keep source line in plot") to allow you to remove it completely (@stylus7 ).  I like having it at the end, so the default is true.

I'm a little behind where I wanted to be, as I foolishly rescanned my entire library and got myself banned from anidb (twice!).  The second time even after cranking the delay parameter way up.  So, fair warning to anyone planning on doing a full rescan.
Note the delay parameter is a measure of how much busywork the scraper does during a scrape to slow it down, not a direct measure of time. The more powerful your processor, the higher it needs to be to have any noticeable effect.  Even 250 for me was only adding less than 0.2s delay.  You may want that to be in 1-2 second range to be safe, especially if you have a lot of series with only a few episodes each. (It's also non-linear, so larger numbers should dramatically increase the delay.  In theory.)

Expect the scraper updates early Monday.
Oh wow, have not been on in a while and glad to see there was an update. Will be getting that installed after I upgrade Kodi to latest version for sure!

Hopefully you can do some more work in improving the delay function to avoid bans. As I have stated in the past even setting it to crazy high numbers like 9999999999 will not help you.
@scudlee hey there- are you still maintaining your git repository for anime-lists? I was hoping to become a maintainer as commits have gotten harder and harder to come by. Alternatively, I could start an org and invite all those that are maintainers to continue based off of a fork. I know that HAMA for Plex uses this a lot and the updates have become hard to overcome. Thanks!
Hey guys, sorry if this is stupid, but stumbling through the forums didn't find me the thing to get it working.

I'm pretty new to this and for some reason the scraper doesn't work for me.
I installed&Updated scrudlee's scraper
I went to my anime folder, selected "TV shows" as content & selected AniDB.net [MOD] by scrudlee as information provide and ok.
I also scanned for new content for good measure but it didn't find anything.
This is a few anime filenames in that folder:
Dragon Quest - Dai no Daibouken S01E11.mkv
Hanyou no Yashahime - Sengoku Otogizoushi S01E11.mkv
Jujutsu Kaisen - S01E10.mkv
Jujutsu Kaisen - S01E11.mkv
Shingeki no Kyojin - The Final Season - E02.mkv

Am I missing something or should this work?
(2020-12-18, 11:57)Sc0r Wrote: This is a few anime filenames in that folder:
Each TV Show needs to be in their own folder. You cannot mix episodes from different tv shows.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-18, 12:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-18, 11:57)Sc0r Wrote: This is a few anime filenames in that folder:
Each TV Show needs to be in their own folder. You cannot mix episodes from different tv shows.
..it was that simple, wow. 
Thank you very much!!
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] AniDB.net scrapers for TV shows and Movies8