Locally Stored Information Found (but thre isn't any!)
I tried to refresh a movie that doesn't show me a poster. It's a .mkv file in a folder without any other files with the same name.

Why would Kodi tell me ' Locally Stored Information Found. Ignore and refresh from Internet?'  IF I click No, it asks me for the movie name

As scrapper, I'm using the Movie Database

TIA
(2020-12-24, 02:34)jalcaid001 Wrote: Why would Kodi tell me ' Locally Stored Information Found. Ignore and refresh from Internet?
It is a bug. Select Yes to continue refreshing from the internet. If you answer No, it keeps looking for the local information which does not exist.

If the scraper cannot find the movie, then go to TheMovieDB and find the movie and make sure you have named it correctly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2020-12-24, 02:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 02:34)jalcaid001 Wrote: Why would Kodi tell me ' Locally Stored Information Found. Ignore and refresh from Internet?
It is a bug. Select Yes to continue refreshing from the internet. If you answer No, it keeps looking for the local information which does not exist.

If the scraper cannot find the movie, then go to TheMovieDB and find the movie and make sure you have named it correctly.
Good to know.  But then there are cases where local information is actually available. How would I know? Do I need to go to the specific folder and check?

Also, once it's scrapped, there is no flag in the library saying whether the movie was scrapped from local info or not, is there?

Then there are those cases where unexpectedly moviedb scrapping doesn't work unexpectedly. Look at 'Wallace.and.Gromit.The.Curse.of.the.Were-Rabbit.2005.1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-monkee.mkv'. What string does Kodi use to search in the moviedb to search. If I use 'Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Were-Rabbit' it gives me a result
(2020-12-24, 12:03)jalcaid001 Wrote: But then there are cases where local information is actually available. How would I know?
You don't. Answer No first, if it doesn't work you know there is no local information, then try again and answer Yes

(2020-12-24, 12:03)jalcaid001 Wrote: Also, once it's scrapped, there is no flag in the library saying whether the movie was scrapped from local info or not, is there?
No

(2020-12-24, 12:03)jalcaid001 Wrote: Look at 'Wallace.and.Gromit.The.Curse.of.the.Were-Rabbit.2005.1080p.WEBRip.DD5.1.x264-monkee.mkv'. What string does Kodi use to search in the moviedb to search
It tries to determine the (Year) and everything to the left of that is used for the search string. But typically when there is so much garbage in the file name as in your example, then the chances of confusing the scraper are high.

(2020-12-24, 12:03)jalcaid001 Wrote: If I use 'Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Were-Rabbit' it gives me a result
Then you should use that name.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok.. for whatever reason that particular movie was not scrapping before. I tried again and it works. The debugs show me it's using the entry below. So it seems Kodi tries to guess the title by itself and then some extra info

https://api.themoviedb.org/3/search/movi...anguage=en

Regarding the bug, it seems wether I answer yes or not, wether there is actually local info or not, Kodi ends up looking for internet information regardless. So if I want to use local info, I have to remove the movie from library and scan that particular folder
I still have this bug on Kodi v20 Windows. Any chances to fix it?
(2023-03-10, 18:25)radioalarm Wrote: Any chances to fix it?

Any chance you can come up with a debug log (wiki) so we can doublecheck the problem?
(2023-03-10, 19:25)Klojum Wrote: Any chance you can come up with a debug log (wiki) so we can doublecheck the problem?
No need. That glitch has been around for many years.
My Signature
Oh.
Looks like there is an issue report also...

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22637
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Locally Stored Information Found (but thre isn't any!)0