v17 Change Favorites Size
I was wondering if there was a way for me to modify the thumb size so more favorites appear on the screen, I can currently view 2 and 1/2 rows, I loved to resize the height to fit a full 3 or four rows per page.
Are they made from real girls scouts?
(2020-12-24, 20:50)kevn57 Wrote: I was wondering if there was a way for me to modify the thumb size so more favorites appear on the screen, I can currently view 2 and 1/2 rows, I loved to resize the height to fit a full 3 or four rows per page.
@kevn57 , happy holidays! Currently there is no option to modify the thumb size.  To do so, you would have to edit the skin's xmls files.  I will add to my to-do the option of showing more rows for favorites.  

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-26, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-24, 20:50)kevn57 Wrote: I was wondering if there was a way for me to modify the thumb size so more favorites appear on the screen, I can currently view 2 and 1/2 rows, I loved to resize the height to fit a full 3 or four rows per page.
@kevn57 , happy holidays! Currently there is no option to modify the thumb size.  To do so, you would have to edit the skin's xmls files.  I will add to my to-do the option of showing more rows for favorites.  

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart and Happy Holidays to you also thanks for maintaining this terrific skin. I did try modifying the  DialogFavourites.xml file.
Quote: 
        <itemlayout height="405" width="310">
          <include content="GenericFavouriteIconBig">
            <param name="isFocused">false</param>
          </include>
        </itemlayout>
        <focusedlayout height="405" width="310">
I changed height from 405 to 310 on both itemlayout and focusedlayout but when I restarted Kodi it had no effect when I open favorites, thumbs were still the same size.
(2020-12-26, 20:07)kevn57 Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart and Happy Holidays to you also thanks for maintaining this terrific skin. I did try modifying the  DialogFavourites.xml file.
Quote: 
          </include>
        </itemlayout>
I changed height from 405 to 310 on both itemlayout and focusedlayout but when I restarted Kodi it had no effect when I open favorites, thumbs were still the same size.

@kevn57, yes, to actually change the icon size requires also changing the dimensions of the item in the GenericFavouriteIconBig include, which you will find in Includes Media.xml.

If you do decide to make those changes, you need to experiment with the height and width of the icon, and also the background height of the text box that is displayed below the item, as well as the height and width of that text box. Those are all parameters in the include.

If you give me a few days (I will be away from my development environment until Wednesday) I can make the changes so that 3 rows or 4 rows of icons are properly displayed, as well as adding the skin settings to let you decide if you want smaller icons and 3 rows or 4 rows.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @kevn57 , if you are comfortable updating from GitHub, the changes are already there for Leia.  You can download from https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia .  If not, then please wait until next week, and I will push the changes to the Amber repo.
(2020-12-26, 20:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 20:07)kevn57 Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 18:27)bsoriano Wrote: @kevn57 , happy holidays! Currently there is no option to modify the thumb size.  To do so, you would have to edit the skin's xmls files.  I will add to my to-do the option of showing more rows for favorites.  

Regards,

Bart
Quote: 
          </include>
        </itemlayout>

@kevn57, yes, to actually change the icon size requires also changing the dimensions of the item in the GenericFavouriteIconBig include, which you will find in Includes Media.xml.

If you do decide to make those changes, you need to experiment with the height and width of the icon, and also the background height of the text box that is displayed below the item, as well as the height and width of that text box. Those are all parameters in the include.

If you give me a few days (I will be away from my development environment until Wednesday) I can make the changes so that 3 rows or 4 rows of icons are properly displayed, as well as adding the skin settings to let you decide if you want smaller icons and 3 rows or 4 rows.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @kevn57 , if you are comfortable updating from GitHub, the changes are already there for Leia.  You can download from https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia .  If not, then please wait until next week, and I will push the changes to the Amber repo.
Bart thanks again for taking the time to reply, I will definitely wait for the change to hit the repo. I'd rather be on the official Amber then something I cobbed together myself.
(2020-12-27, 13:24)kevn57 Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 20:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 20:07)kevn57 Wrote: Thanks Bart and Happy Holidays to you also thanks for maintaining this terrific skin. I did try modifying the  DialogFavourites.xml file.

Regards,

Bart

Bart thanks again for taking the time to reply, I will definitely wait for the change to hit the repo. I'd rather be on the official Amber then something I cobbed together myself.

@kevn57, the changes on the Amber GitHub are official Amber, I just will not have time to upload to the repo until Wednesday. I coded a new setting to "Show Smaller Favorite Icons", and when you set that to Yes, you can select to show either 3 rows or 4 rows. I also changed the default size so that exactly two rows are shown.

Thanks again for this request.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-27, 15:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 13:24)kevn57 Wrote:
(2020-12-26, 20:15)bsoriano Wrote: @kevn57, yes, to actually change the icon size requires also changing the dimensions of the item in the GenericFavouriteIconBig include, which you will find in Includes Media.xml.

Regards,

Bart

@kevn57, the changes on the Amber GitHub are official Amber, I just will not have time to upload to the repo until Wednesday. I coded a new setting to "Show Smaller Favorite Icons", and when you set that to Yes, you can select to show either 3 rows or 4 rows. I also changed the default size so that exactly two rows are shown.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, Thank you yet again for the reply, your hard work and the explanation. I did d/l the files from github but they wouldn't work on my Krypton 17.9 install. This is yet another reason for me now to upgrade. I can't remember exactly why I never upgraded to Leia but I think it was because when Leia 1st was released the Amber skin wasn't fully working. I could be entirely wrong about that, it might have been another addon that wasn't ready.
(2020-12-27, 22:27)kevn57 Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 15:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 13:24)kevn57 Wrote: Bart thanks again for taking the time to reply, I will definitely wait for the change to hit the repo. I'd rather be on the official Amber then something I cobbed together myself.

Regards,

Bart
Bart, Thank you yet again for the reply, your hard work and the explanation. I did d/l the files from github but they wouldn't work on my Krypton 17.9 install. This is yet another reason for me now to upgrade. I can't remember exactly why I never upgraded to Leia but I think it was because when Leia 1st was released the Amber skin wasn't fully working. I could be entirely wrong about that, it might have been another addon that wasn't ready.

@kevn57, unfortunately, Amber will only work correctly on Leia and Matrix. I am using features of the skinning engine that are not available in Krypton. If you like, please update to Leia. Amber is fully functional in Leia.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-28, 23:01)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 22:27)kevn57 Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 15:55)bsoriano Wrote: @kevn57, the changes on the Amber GitHub are official Amber, I just will not have time to upload to the repo until Wednesday. I coded a new setting to "Show Smaller Favorite Icons", and when you set that to Yes, you can select to show either 3 rows or 4 rows. I also changed the default size so that exactly two rows are shown.

Regards,

Bart

@kevn57, unfortunately, Amber will only work correctly on Leia and Matrix. I am using features of the skinning engine that are not available in Krypton. If you like, please update to Leia. Amber is fully functional in Leia.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks so much Bart, I'm going to update to Matrix.
(2020-12-29, 15:01)kevn57 Wrote:
(2020-12-28, 23:01)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-27, 22:27)kevn57 Wrote: Bart, Thank you yet again for the reply, your hard work and the explanation. I did d/l the files from github but they wouldn't work on my Krypton 17.9 install. This is yet another reason for me now to upgrade. I can't remember exactly why I never upgraded to Leia but I think it was because when Leia 1st was released the Amber skin wasn't fully working. I could be entirely wrong about that, it might have been another addon that wasn't ready.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks so much Bart, I'm going to update to Matrix.
@kevn57 , the Amber repo for Matrix, so that you can keep Amber updated (I have not submitted a new version of AMber for Matrix to the Kodi repo in a long time) can be found here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip

Please download and install the repo, and then update Amber from there.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@kevn57 , were you able to update to Matrix? Were you able to test the new 3 row and 4 row favourites in Amber? Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-07, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: @kevn57 , were you able to update to Matrix? Were you able to test the new 3 row and 4 row favourites in Amber? Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart I'm sorry it took so long to reply, I was waiting for enough cash to upgrade my system so I could upgrade Kodi to Matrix. I installed the new version today and I really love the new favorites both 3 complete rows as well as 4. I have mine set on 4 right now and I think that's the way I'll leave it. I need to read through more of this thread about other new features. The one I noticed right off is the Letters in the right hand scroll area, can you point me to a post that explains how to use the letters for navigation. So far I see how to access them but once I do it seems to go letter by letter, I already have keyboard shortcuts that do that,  is there a way to jump to  say letter P, with out entering Shift P on the keyboard.

Anyways thanks again for the great skin and your Favorites modification it is exactly what I was looking for..
(2021-01-26, 22:11)kevn57 Wrote:
(2021-01-07, 17:04)bsoriano Wrote: @kevn57 , were you able to update to Matrix? Were you able to test the new 3 row and 4 row favourites in Amber? Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Bart I'm sorry it took so long to reply, I was waiting for enough cash to upgrade my system so I could upgrade Kodi to Matrix. I installed the new version today and I really love the new favorites both 3 complete rows as well as 4. I have mine set on 4 right now and I think that's the way I'll leave it. I need to read through more of this thread about other new features. The one I noticed right off is the Letters in the right hand scroll area, can you point me to a post that explains how to use the letters for navigation. So far I see how to access them but once I do it seems to go letter by letter, I already have keyboard shortcuts that do that,  is there a way to jump to  say letter P, with out entering Shift P on the keyboard.

Anyways thanks again for the great skin and your Favorites modification it is exactly what I was looking for..
@kevn57 , I am glad you like the changes!

As for the alphabet strip, Amber offers two kinds.  With the first, which is the default, as you noticed, you press up or down and it goes forward or backward through the letters, with the benefit that it moves the list automatically to the first item with that letter.  The second kind, which is more "mouse/touch-friendly", lets you move to the letter that you want, select it (enter/click), and then the list moves to the first item with that letter.  This second kind also pops up if you hover with the mouse on the right edge of the screen (or bottom edge if using Fanart view).  In order for the second one to work, you need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled in your system, and you need to enable its use in Amber.  You can have your settings like so:

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2021-01-26, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 22:11)kevn57 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

As for the alphabet strip, Amber offers two kinds.  With the first, which is the default, as you noticed, you press up or down and it goes forward or backward through the letters, with the benefit that it moves the list automatically to the first item with that letter.  The second kind, which is more "mouse/touch-friendly", lets you move to the letter that you want, select it (enter/click), and then the list moves to the first item with that letter.  This second kind also pops up if you hover with the mouse on the right edge of the screen (or bottom edge if using Fanart view).  In order for the second one to work, you need to have script.embuary.helper installed and enabled in your system, and you need to enable its use in Amber.  You can have your settings like so:

Regards,

Bart
Bart you are the best thanks for the clear and descriptive answer on how to use it, that was exactly what I wanted to know
(2021-01-27, 20:23)kevn57 Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2021-01-26, 22:11)kevn57 Wrote: Bart I'm sorry it took so long to reply, I was waiting for enough cash to upgrade my system so I could upgrade Kodi to Matrix. I installed the new version today and I really love the new favorites both 3 complete rows as well as 4. I have mine set on 4 right now and I think that's the way I'll leave it. I need to read through more of this thread about other new features. The one I noticed right off is the Letters in the right hand scroll area, can you point me to a post that explains how to use the letters for navigation. So far I see how to access them but once I do it seems to go letter by letter, I already have keyboard shortcuts that do that,  is there a way to jump to  say letter P, with out entering Shift P on the keyboard.

Regards,

Bart
Bart you are the best thanks for the clear and descriptive answer on how to use it, that was exactly what I wanted to know

@kevn57, thanks for confirming. I am glad it is working well for you.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change Favorites Size0