Director In Movie Title Submenu
Hi

When I browse films in the "titlle" submenu it displays the cover, the genre, film duration, genre. Is there any way to make it also display director? Can this be customised?

Thanks
(2020-12-21, 16:26)Tstrbl Wrote: Hi

When I browse films in the "titlle" submenu it displays the cover, the genre, film duration, genre. Is there any way to make it also display director? Can this be customised?

Thanks
@Tstrbl , what view type do you use for browsing films? So that I know which view you would like to see Director in.  Amber already shows the Director if you browse using Fanart view, with the Netflix Style setting enabled:

So, if you are using a different view, please let me know which and I can evaluate how best to include Director in it.  In the case that there is not enough room to add the director in the view you like, is there any information already present in the view that you would not mind not seeing, if I could put director in its place? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks so much for replying.

I'm using the tall list view at the moment.

I'm new to Amber and am also having another problem. When I scan some films into the library, the poster doesn't display properly. The poster.jpg file is in the folder, and when I go to the folder in "files" to scan it, the poster is visible on the left hand side of the screen, but then once I've scanned it in, and it brings up the information page, the poster doesn't display on the left of the information screen like it should. In the library "titles" submenu the poster image is also missing. Have you heard of this happening to anyone else? I manually create .nfo files and select poster.jpg files using MediaElch, I don't scrape.
Fixed this. In Leia you have to enable the "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" for poster.ext files to display.

Thank you again.
(2020-12-22, 00:58)Tstrbl Wrote: Thanks so much for replying.

I'm new to Amber and am also having another problem. When I scan some films into the library, the poster doesn't display properly. The poster.jpg file is in the folder, and when I go to the folder in "files" to scan it, the poster is visible on the left hand side of the screen, but then once I've scanned it in, and it brings up the information page, the poster doesn't display on the left of the information screen like it should. In the library "titles" submenu the poster image is also missing. Have you heard of this happening to anyone else? I manually create .nfo files and select poster.jpg files using MediaElch, I don't scrape.
Fixed this. In Leia you have to enable the "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title" for poster.ext files to display.

Thank you again.
@Tstrbl , thanks for letting me know.  I can either add the director right above the genre, but will remove one or more lines from the plot so that things will fit nicely, or I can give you the choice of having either the director or the audio/subtitles info.  Which option would you prefer? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-22, 02:43)bsoriano Wrote:

Thank you again.
@Tstrbl , thanks for letting me know.  I can either add the director right above the genre, but will remove one or more lines from the plot so that things will fit nicely, or I can give you the choice of having either the director or the audio/subtitles info.  Which option would you prefer? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Adding it above genre would be fine. I am so impressed that you would take the time to do this.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.
I have a large classical music collection, and I wonder if you had ever considered customising for classical music? I use tags such as "composer" "work" "first performed" "recording date" "label" "soloists" "conductor" "orchestra/ensemble" etc. I imagine it would be an awful headache to display these properly...but if you did want to build a classical music view of some kind, I'd be prepared to do some of the work myself if you'd teach me how to do it.
Thanks again.
(2020-12-22, 07:38)Tstrbl Wrote:
(2020-12-22, 02:43)bsoriano Wrote:

Thank you again.

Regards,

Bart

Adding it above genre would be fine. I am so impressed that you would take the time to do this.
Thank you, I really appreciate it.
I have a large classical music collection, and I wonder if you had ever considered customising for classical music? I use tags such as "composer" "work" "first performed" "recording date" "label" "soloists" "conductor" "orchestra/ensemble" etc. I imagine it would be an awful headache to display these properly...but if you did want to build a classical music view of some kind, I'd be prepared to do some of the work myself if you'd teach me how to do it.
Thanks again.
@Tstrbl , I will add Director to all the views that do not have it.  It will take me a couple of days.

As for classical music, it wouldn't be a headache to display some of those tags, I am limited to the labels that Kodi provides.  So, you would have to make sure that your artists, albums and tracks have the Kodi tags loaded into the music database for me to be able to display them in the skin. 

These are the additional (I am not listing the basic ones) labels Kodi provides for an artist:

xml:

Artist_Born    Date of Birth of the currently selected Artist    
Artist_Died    Date of Death of the currently selected Artist    
Artist_Formed    Formation date of the currently selected Band    
Artist_Disbanded   Disbanding date of the currently selected Band    
Artist_YearsActive    Years the currently selected artist has been active    
Artist_Instrument    Instruments played by the currently selected artist    
Artist_Description    Shows a biography of the currently selected artist    
Artist_Mood    Shows the moods of the currently selected artist    
Artist_Style    Shows the styles of the currently selected artist    
Artist_Genre    Shows the genre of the currently selected artist    
Artist_Sortname   Sortname of the currently selected Artist    v18
Artist_Type    Type of the currently selected Artist - person, group, orchestra, choir etc.    v18
Artist_Gender    Gender of the currently selected Artist - male, female, other    v18
Artist_Disambiguation   Brief description of the currently selected Artist that differentiates them from others with the same name    v18

These are the additional labels Kodi provides for albums:

xml:

Album_Mood    Shows the moods of the currently selected Album    
Album_Style    Shows the styles of the currently selected Album    
Album_Theme    Shows the themes of the currently selected Album    
Album_Type    Shows the Album Type (e.g. compilation, enhanced, explicit lyrics) of the currently selected Album    
Album_Label    Shows the record label of the currently selected Album    
Album_Description    Shows a review of the currently selected Album    

And these are the additional labels for a song (track):

xml:

Role.Arranger    Returns the name of the person who arranged the selected song    
Role.Composer    Returns the name of the person who composed the selected song    
Role.Conductor   Returns the name of the person who conducted the selected song    
Role.DJMixer    Returns the name of the dj who remixed the selected song    
Role.Engineer    Returns the name of the person who was the engineer of the selected song    
Role.Lyricist    Returns the name of the person who wrote the lyrics of the selected song    
Role.Mixer    Returns the name of the person who mixed the selected song    
Role.Orchestra    Returns the name of the orchestra performing the selected song    
Role.Producer    Returns the name of the person who produced the selected song    
Role.Remixer    Returns the name of the person who remixed the selected song

In terms of how to fill those info labels, I would not be able to provide much guidance; I know a lot of users use Picard to tag their files.  Perhaps @DaveBlake can provide further guidance.

I can certainly create a "Classical" music view (based perhaps on the genre of the artist or the genre of the album) that shows those info labels.  Once you know which you have filled in your files and loaded into the Kodi music db, you and I can then decide what you would like to display and how you would like it to look, and I will code what I can (up to my level of skinning knowledge) into Amber.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@Tstrbl , if you are comfortable updating from GitHub, the changes which add Director to all of the applicable views is already on GitHub.  https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.../tree/Leia

If not, please wait until later today, I will push the changes to the Amber repos.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks again. How exactly do I update the skin to include the changes you made? I apologise, I'm a total amateur at skins.

I think I will just leave the classical music, it's too complicated. At the moment I've just mapped my classical music tags to the ones Kodi uses and this is satisfactory if not ideal.
(2020-12-25, 01:18)Tstrbl Wrote: Thanks again. How exactly do I update the skin to include the changes you made? I apologise, I'm a total amateur at skins.

I think I will just leave the classical music, it's too complicated. At the moment I've just mapped my classical music tags to the ones Kodi uses and this is satisfactory if not ideal.
@Tstrbl , happy holidays! The changes are already in the Amber repository.  Please download and install from here: https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.1.zip

You can then update Amber from there (most likely it will auto-update itself).  Please let me know if you were able to do this or need some more assitance.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Happy Christmas Bart , I have a couple of questions, not really requests but interesting to me anyway.
Using 3 x shelves, I notice that when pressing right from main menu thefirst widget on the  bottom shelf is highlighted , am being picky but the top shelf would be better ? or maybe not haha.
Also , when scrolling horizontally on a shelf , if I press up to move the shelf above ,I would expect to move to the widget directly above the highlighted widget I am currently on , but it jumps to the first widget in the row I am moving to ?
Finally , I dont think this can be done , but , when highlighting a movie or show( anywhere in the skin) and either pressing "i" on keyboard or remote , or long pressing "OK" and selecting "information" in the context menu. The default videoinfodialog page opens,if I then click on an actor thumbnail nothing happens, but if I use embuaryinfodialog which your skin supports, I can bring up more info on actor etc. So is there anyway Embuaryinfo dialog can be set as the defaut action when pressing "i" rather than default ?
Feel free to move this post if it is in the wrong place.
(2020-12-26, 18:58)ontap Wrote: Happy Christmas Bart , I have a couple of questions, not really requests but interesting to me anyway.
Using 3 x shelves, I notice that when pressing right from main menu thefirst widget on the  bottom shelf is highlighted , am being picky but the top shelf would be better ? or maybe not haha.
Also , when scrolling horizontally on a shelf , if I press up to move the shelf above ,I would expect to move to the widget directly above the highlighted widget I am currently on , but it jumps to the first widget in the row I am moving to ?
Finally , I dont think this can be done , but , when highlighting a movie or show( anywhere in the skin) and either pressing "i" on keyboard or remote , or long pressing "OK" and selecting "information" in the context menu. The default videoinfodialog page opens,if I then click on an actor thumbnail nothing happens, but if I use embuaryinfodialog which your skin supports, I can bring up more info on actor etc. So is there anyway Embuaryinfo dialog can be set as the defaut action when pressing "i" rather than default ?
Feel free to move this post if it is in the wrong place.

@ontap, Happy Christmas for you as well.

In regards to the widgets navigation, I will not be changing the direction for moving from widget to widget (pressing Up).

Kodi controls what item you go to when moving from one widget to the one above, so I cannot change that from the skin code.

Finally, you should be getting a dialog asking you if you want to search locally or online for the actor when you click on one in the default video info dialog. If you choose to search online, you will get a dialog with a lot of info for the person, similar to the one from Embuary Info.

If you are not getting the dialog to search online or locally, it might be due to not having installed and enabled the addon plugin.video.themoviedb.helper, which Amber uses for actor info (it comes from tmdb). Do you have that addon installed? If so, also make sure that you have a very recent version installed. It is best to keep it updated using jurialmunkey's repo.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
All good Bart , selecting online info on actor gives me all I need tx.
Love this skin , I have modded my home screen slightly so the main menu panel slides off to the left when pressing right onto widgets, some might hate that but I like it. 

https://streamable.com/97wq4l
(2020-12-26, 21:52)ontap Wrote: All good Bart , selecting online info on actor gives me all I need tx.
Love this skin , I have modded my home screen slightly so the main menu panel slides off to the left when pressing right onto widgets, some might hate that but I like it. 

https://streamable.com/97wq4l

@ontap , thanks for confirming.  I like your mod! I would like to include it as a configurable option in Amber if you are willing to share.  If so, please PM me the modded files.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
OK will do so tomorrow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Director In Movie Title Submenu0