• 279(current)
Release skin helper service
emiralles, pastebin bro come on
Approximately 1-2 weeks ago I started getting a skin helper service error when I start Kodi. I'm on v. 18.9.0 on a Nvidia Shield 2016.

Below is what I think is relevant from the log file:
Code:

2020-11-19 14:50:47.897 T:11198  NOTICE: ADDON: script.skin.helper.colorpicker v1.0.13 installed
2020-11-19 14:50:47.897 T:11198  NOTICE: ADDON: script.skin.helper.service v1.1.3 installed
2020-11-19 14:50:47.897 T:11198  NOTICE: ADDON: script.xbmcbackup v1.1.3 installed
2020-11-19 14:50:47.897 T:11198  NOTICE: ADDON: service.subtitles.opensubtitles_by_opensubtitles v5.2.14 installed
2020-11-19 14:50:47.897 T:11198  NOTICE: ADDON: service.xbmc.versioncheck v0.5.11 installed
2020-11-19 14:50:47.897 T:11198  NOTICE: ADDON: skin.estouchy v2.0.28 installed
2020-11-19 14:50:47.897 T:11198  NOTICE: ADDON: skin.estuary v2.0.27 installed
Code:

2020-11-19 14:50:49.165 T:11198  NOTICE:   load skin from: /data/user/0/org.xbmc.kodi/cache/apk/assets/addons/skin.estuary (version: 2.0.27)
Code:

2020-11-19 14:50:52.658 T:11236   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: cannot import name extend_dict
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/service.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from resources.lib.main_service import MainService
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/main_service.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from listitem_monitor import ListItemMonitor
                                              File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.service/resources/lib/listitem_monitor.py", line 13, in <module>
                                                from metadatautils import extend_dict, process_method_on_list
                                            ImportError: cannot import name extend_dict
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-11-19 14:50:53.307 T:11273  NOTICE: EMBY.hooks.webservice -> --->[ webservice/57578 ]

What's the best way to fix this? I tried installing other versions of the helper service via zip file but I get an error that CherryPy 17.0.0.0 is required. I even downloaded a zip of CherryPy 17.x and installed it but the error persists.

UPDATE:
I don't know why it failed to install originally, but after several attempts, I was able to update CherryPy to 17.4.2-2. After the update, I got different errors in the log so I nuked Kodi and did a fresh install. Problem solved!
@Angelinas , @AnonTester

For testing with Skin_Titan-Mod, I installed version 1.0.35 of script.module.metadatautils.
I found the following error.

Code:
2020-11-28 00:21:39.814 T:5976   ERROR: C:\Kodi-Test\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\google.py:76: UserWarning: No parser was explicitly specified, so I'm using the best available HTML parser for this system ("html.parser"). This usually isn't a problem, but if you run this code on another system, or in a different virtual environment, it may use a different parser and behave differently.

The code that caused this warning is on line 76 of the file C:\Kodi-Test\portable_data\addons\script.module.metadatautils\lib\helpers\google.py. To get rid of this warning, pass the additional argument 'features="html.parser"' to the BeautifulSoup constructor.

soup = BeautifulSoup.BeautifulSoup(html)

I am not familiar with Python, but I followed the instructions in the error message and made the following change.

google.py
Line 76:
Code:
soup = BeautifulSoup.BeautifulSoup(html)
changed in
Code:
soup = BeautifulSoup.BeautifulSoup(html, features="html.parser")

I have no more mistakes.
I only used PVR calls for testing.
Can you check if it's correct?
Thanks. Didn't see this post, but will add to my codebase and add a PR.
Got an error message or something not working as it should? Provide a full Debug log (wiki) via paste.kodi.tv
Will Skin helper service be updated to work in Matrix?

Thank you
(2020-12-18, 00:54)melons2 Wrote: Will Skin helper service be updated to work in Matrix?

Thank you

Please go back a few posts or, for example, follow the posts by AnonTester.
@AnonTester  / @Angelinas 
Just installed Matrix again yesterday after being on Leia for a few weeks, but I'm having problems getting SHS to work for my PVR items. Whilst I can do a search on my TV programmes, no artwork is actually appearing although it's getting downloaded to my local download folder. I'm also getting a SHS error pop-up every time I start Kodi. 
Kodi log attached:- https://pastebin.com/rwFsPWkp 
Seems to be some error mentioned from line 559.

Can I also check/clarify a few things as well:-
1) Where is best place to now download a full working version of the SHS for Matrix? Should I download from Marcel's original link as I could see there have been some updates added on the GitHub or should I continue with using the AnonTester Repo, like I did in October?
2) Should I download all the dependencies separately from AnonTester Repo like I did October or will the most recent copy of the SHS addon download these automatically?
3) I have opted to download all my PVR artwork to a local folder, as I have found this to be faster in the past. Once images are downloaded, will SHS always use these the downloaded images and not download the image again? What I wanted to know is if the SHS clears the artwork cache after a certain period of time and will then re-download the same image again?
4) Does the webservice for SHS artwork still work? When I had SHS working in October, the webservice didn't seem to be working for me.
5) Is it possible to add 'Next' programme for the PVR Artwork as this wasn't available previously?
I would grateful for your feedback.
Many thanks again for your continued efforts in keeping the SHS going.
Cheers
(2020-12-29, 16:05)Dumyat Wrote: 1) Where is best place to now download a full working version of the SHS for Matrix? Should I download from Marcel's original link as I could see there have been some updates added on the GitHub or should I continue with using the AnonTester Repo, like I did in October?

2) Should I download all the dependencies separately from AnonTester Repo like I did October or will the most recent copy of the SHS addon download these automatically?
I sugest to use repository.marcelveldt,(Update working)
-"Metadata and Artwork module" version="1.0.36"
-"Skin Helper Service" version="1.1.31"
For rest of dependencies use  AnonTester Repo, When I have free time I will update all in repository.marcelveldt,
(2020-12-29, 16:05)Dumyat Wrote: 3) I have opted to download all my PVR artwork to a local folder, as I have found this to be faster in the past. Once images are downloaded, will SHS always use these the downloaded images and not download the image again? What I wanted to know is if the SHS clears the artwork cache after a certain period of time and will then re-download the same image again?
I use that option too...SHS script.module.metadatautils all *.py ( fanarttv, tmdb, theaudiodb, omdb....), have "expiration " limit and then write data in simplecache.db but only for data...For image, If you have saved images in custom folder SHS doeen't download again, use that images with your local adress.
(2020-12-29, 16:05)Dumyat Wrote: 4) Does the webservice for SHS artwork still work? When I had SHS working in October, the webservice didn't seem to be working for me.
*Work for me, but only Poster and Fanart (TMDB), fanart.tv have some limitation.Code for this are ok, imgurl get url...but Webservice can't show image in browser or kodi.
(2020-12-29, 16:05)Dumyat Wrote: 5) Is it possible to add 'Next' programme for the PVR Artwork as this wasn't available previously?
*You can use webservice for poster or fanart...I wil change code for websevice to use only TMDB
Right corner Next evant Paradise Hills poster
 <texture>http://localhost:52307/getartwork?title=$ESCINFO[VideoPlayer.NextTitle]&amp;type=poster</texture>
(2020-12-29, 16:05)Dumyat Wrote: Many thanks again for your continued efforts in keeping the SHS going.
TNX

For "No module named 'pkg_resources'", I dont know...I have that module in python 2.
Didn't try Matrx Kodi clean instalation ...I have some portable version and don't have that error...all working like charm.

New:
I add new stuff for Music, List of all album song now is visible as Panel. (this is PVR Radio)

XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
Hi @Angelinas 
Thanks for the detailed reply.
I thought I had downloaded everything I used previously, so was quite surprised to see things not working and getting an error.
Well, the good news is I have the same code in place for my 'Next' PVR items, but the bad news as I mentioned was none of these items were getting fetched when I last had the SHS working in October. It's a shame the 'Next' PVR item is only available via the webservice, as quite frequently UK channels show a double bill of a particular programme (NCIS is a good example) and I remember I used to get a different poster for the 'next' episode. If the webservice is the only option, it would be good if it first looks to see if local artwork exists? Is that possible do you think?

I tried installing "Metadata and Artwork module" version="1.0.36" downloaded from here: https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...adatautils  but I'm getting a beautiful soup dependency error. I presume this is because it's not been made Matrix compatible?
Maybe @AnonTester  will have some idea about the 'pkg_resources' error and how to fix the issue. Once I'm back up and running, I will test the webservice again, but as I said, my code is identical to yours, so not sure why it wasn't working previously, unless the server was offline at the time.

PVR Radio info screen looks great with the song list... Smile
Good to see you active again here! You and Guilouz both went offline around the time and I had wondered (or secretly hoped) that you had both gone off to create some kind of spectacular new skin together!..... Wink
Cheers
Okay, so I should have read my previous posts from October more carefully. The 'pkg_resources' error was caused because I had the wrong cherrypy module installed. Updated to version 17.4.2-1 and things are now up and running again.  Smile
One thing though, the webservice is still not fetching any PVR artwork items for the 'next' item using Matrix. 
Here's the code I'm using. Can you see any issue with it?
xml:
<control type="image">
     <left>-5</left>
     <top>648</top>
     <width>245</width>
     <height>345</height>
     <texture fallback="DefaultPVRPoster.png">http://localhost:52307/getpvrthumb/?title=$INFO[Listitem.NextTitle]&amp;channel=$INFO[ListItem.ChannelName]&amp;type=poster</texture>
</control>
Oh, another thing I've noticed as well. When I've used the SHS in the past, I could only ever get artwork to work for my PVR recordings by using the webservice. Is this still the case, because I'm not picking up any artwork for my recordings using the webservice. I'm guessing their is an issue with the webservice for Matrix?
Grateful if somebody could give some feedback.
Cheers
I just instaled Matrix...and all of web service now is all down.
script.module.cherrypy not showing images, web service doesen't work for me too.
in browser have error
Code:
ValueError: Page handlers MUST return bytes. Use tools.encode if you wish to return unicode.
edit :
After adding tools for encoding, No error, but No image grrrrr
is the imdb top 250 still working?
@Edworld If you use Leia version can you see in simplecache.db are this id "imdb.get_top250_db" have data.
I have some problem and have only Matrix, and it's  empty data for that "Id".
*this line was changed, maybe 'html.parser' cosing isue
Code:
soup = BeautifulSoup.BeautifulSoup(html.text, 'html.parser')

Matrix version - SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250 "Down"
Leia version - SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250 "?"

Matrix version - webservice "Down"
Leia version - webservice "working"
I love xonfluence but cannot find it anywhere. Since helly repo shut down, has anyone else taken it on to continue?
(2021-01-13, 00:51)Angelinas Wrote: @Edworld If you use Leia version can you see in simplecache.db are this id "imdb.get_top250_db" have data.
I have some problem and have only Matrix, and it's  empty data for that "Id".
*this line was changed, maybe 'html.parser' cosing isue
Code:
soup = BeautifulSoup.BeautifulSoup(html.text, 'html.parser')

Matrix version - SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250 "Down"
Leia version - SkinHelper.ListItem.IMDB.Top250 "?"

Matrix version - webservice "Down"
Leia version - webservice "working"
Below is what I have for a movie simplecache:
{'DurationAndRuntimeExtended': u'2:12 (132 Minutes)', 'rating': 8.2, 'art': {'thumb': u'https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOTI5ODc3NzExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYxNzQzMw@@._V1_SX300.jpg'}, 'dvdrelease': u'2006-08-01', 'rating.imdb': u'8.2', 'DurationAndRuntime': '2:12 (132 min.)', 'rottentomatoesmeter': u'73', 'rottentomatoes.meter': u'73', 'genre': [u'Action', u'Drama', u'Sci-Fi', u'Thriller'], 'year': 2005, 'rottentomatoes.fresh': 73, 'Duration.Hours': 2, 'plot': u"Tells the story of Evey Hammond and her unlikely but instrumental part in bringing down the fascist government that has taken control of a futuristic Great Britain. Saved from a life-and-death situation by a man in a Guy Fawkes mask who calls himself V, she learns a general summary of V's past and, after a time, decides to help him bring down those who committed the atrocities that led to Britain being in the shape that it is in.", 'rottentomatoes.rating': u'73', 'Runtime': 132, 'title': u'V for Vendetta', 'mpaa': u'R', 'writer': [u'Lilly Wachowski (screenplay)', u'Lana Wachowski (screenplay)', u'David Lloyd (graphic novel art)'], 'rating.percent.imdb': '82', 'imdb.plot': u"Tells the story of Evey Hammond and her unlikely but instrumental part in bringing down the fascist government that has taken control of a futuristic Great Britain. Saved from a life-and-death situation by a man in a Guy Fawkes mask who calls himself V, she learns a general summary of V's past and, after a time, decides to help him bring down those who committed the atrocities that led to Britain being in the shape that it is in.", 'media_type': u'movie', 'type': u'movie', 'thumbnail': u'https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BOTI5ODc3NzExNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzYxNzQzMw@@._V1_SX300.jpg', 'premiered.formatted': u'17 Mar 2006', 'rottentomatoes.image': 'fresh', 'votes': 992240, 'Duration.Minutes': 12, 'director': [u'James McTeigue'], 'imdbnumber': u'tt0434409', 'studio': [u'Warner Bros. Pictures'], 'metacritic.rating': u'62', 'rating.mc.text': u'62/100', 'dvdrelease.formatted': u'01 Aug 2006', 'metacritic.rating.percent': u'62', 'RuntimeExtended': u'132 Minutes', 'rottentomatoes.rating.percent': u'73%', 'country': [u'USA', u'UK', u'Germany'], 'premiered': '03/17/2006', 'rating.rt': u'73', 'boxoffice': u'$70,500,000', 'votes.imdb': u'992,240', 'Duration': '2:12', 'awards': u'7 wins & 27 nominations.', 'rating.imdb.text': u'8.2/10', 'runtime': 132, 'rating.mc': u'62'}
  • 279(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18