Most recent update breaks Jellyfin for Kodi plugin
tl;dr The latest Amber update in the Kodi repository breaks media playlists created by the Jellyfin for Kodi plugin (native mode). The problem does not occur when switching to the default Estuary skin.

Setup
- most recent Kodi from Google Play Store on nvidia shield; very vanilla set-up without any plugins besides Amber, Jellyfin for Kodi, and their dependencies
- Amber installed from official Kodi add-on repository and auto-updated to 3.2.120
- Jellyfin for Kodi from Jellyfin repo
- Jellyfin server 10.6.4-1 on Debian
- media is shared on a NAS via nfs, nfs path for each media file is imported via Jellyfin for Kodi set to "native mode": https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/client...ative-mode

Problem This setup worked fine for several months, up to and including last Friday. After that, Amber was apparently auto-updated, and now Kodi won't play any media from the media lists created by Jellyfin. Hitting play has no effect, nothing happens. The debug log shows that the nfs protocol is no longer recognized correctly, apparently due to some string quotation issues:

Code:
WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol('"nfs) in '"nfs:/path/to/file/on/my/nas"'

Fixes Switching to the Estuary skin, or playing the nfs media through the Kodi filebrowser. I couldn't roll back Amber to an earlier version, Kodi only shows one version in the repo.
(2020-12-29, 16:39)ltXb0 Wrote: tl;dr The latest Amber update in the Kodi repository breaks media playlists created by the Jellyfin for Kodi plugin (native mode). The problem does not occur when switching to the default Estuary skin.

Setup
- most recent Kodi from Google Play Store on nvidia shield; very vanilla set-up without any plugins besides Amber, Jellyfin for Kodi, and their dependencies
- Amber installed from official Kodi add-on repository and auto-updated to 3.2.120
- media is shared on a NAS via nfs, nfs path for each media file is imported via Jellyfin for Kodi set to "native mode": https://jellyfin.org/docs/general/client...ative-mode

Problem This setup worked fine for several months, up to and including last Friday. After that, Amber was apparently auto-updated, and now Kodi won't play any media from the media lists created by Jellyfin. Hitting play has no effect, nothing happens. The debug log shows that the nfs protocol is no longer recognized correctly, apparently due to some string quotation issues:

Code:
WARNING: CreateLoader - unsupported protocol('"nfs) in '"nfs:/path/to/file/on/my/nas"'

Fixes Switching to the Estuary skin, or playing the nfs media through the Kodi filebrowser. I couldn't roll back Amber to an earlier version, Kodi only shows one version in the repo.
@ltXb0 , thanks for reporting this.  While I do not know or use Jellyfin, I understand it is a fork of Emby.  In my test Emby installation, using the Emby for Kodi addon, set to "native mode", media plays fine.  My Emby server is on a Windows machine, and my media is on a NAS, being accessed via SMB.  Just to be clear, this happens when you use the Play button from the video info dialog, or just when you click on any media while browsing your library, or both? Please let me know, and, also, please provide a full debug log, so I can better evaluate what is happening in this case.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-31, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-29, 16:39)ltXb0 Wrote: tl;dr The latest Amber update in the Kodi repository breaks media playlists created by the Jellyfin for Kodi plugin (native mode). The problem does not occur when switching to the default Estuary skin.

Setup

Code:

@ltXb0 , thanks for reporting this.  While I do not know or use Jellyfin, I understand it is a fork of Emby.  In my test Emby installation, using the Emby for Kodi addon, set to "native mode", media plays fine.  My Emby server is on a Windows machine, and my media is on a NAS, being accessed via SMB.  Just to be clear, this happens when you use the Play button from the video info dialog, or just when you click on any media while browsing your library, or both? Please let me know, and, also, please provide a full debug log, so I can better evaluate what is happening in this case.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

I also had this issue last Friday after the amber skin was automatically updated to version 3.2.120. Just some added info of the system that I use
  • nvidia shield pro 2019 (software all up to date)
  • synology nas (multiple). NFS shares correctly configured so they can be access by the Kodi previously (before Friday)
I do not use jellyfish b.t.w. My Kodi installation is pretty basic and as mentioned above I us nfs to watch my movies and tv shows on my nas.
So since Friday when I am in the movies or tv shows part of Kodi and I select a movie or tv shown and I press “play” in the overview screen nothing is happening and when I look in the log I see the same warning as the original poster that the nfs protocol is not supported. 

i tried some older versions of amber and it looks to be broken some where between version 3.2.90 and 3.2.95. At least version 3.2.90 is working for me and version 3.2.95 not. 

I do not have debug logging because I switched back to the working version. I hope at least that the extra info is useful.

Best Regards,
Rob
(2020-12-31, 01:00)Rostie777 Wrote:

Setup

Code:

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

I also had this issue last Friday after the amber skin was automatically updated to version 3.2.120. Just some added info of the system that I use
  • synology nas (multiple). NFS shares correctly configured so they can be access by the Kodi previously (before Friday)
I do not use jellyfish b.t.w. My Kodi installation is pretty basic and as mentioned above I us nfs to watch my movies and tv shows on my nas.
So since Friday when I am in the movies or tv shows part of Kodi and I select a movie or tv shown and I press “play” in the overview screen nothing is happening and when I look in the log I see the same warning as the original poster that the nfs protocol is not supported. 

i tried some older versions of amber and it looks to be broken some where between version 3.2.90 and 3.2.95. At least version 3.2.90 is working for me and version 3.2.95 not. 

I do not have debug logging because I switched back to the working version. I hope at least that the extra info is useful.

Best Regards,
Rob

@Rostie777,

Thanks for the info. So, if I understand correctly, the Play button in the video info dialog is not working. Do you have the addon TheMovieDB Helper installed? If you do, could you please update it to a recent version? You can do so by installing Jurialmunkey's repository (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip) and update it from there.

Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-31, 03:52)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 01:00)Rostie777 Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 00:03)bsoriano Wrote: @ltXb0 , thanks for reporting this.  While I do not know or use Jellyfin, I understand it is a fork of Emby.  In my test Emby installation, using the Emby for Kodi addon, set to "native mode", media plays fine.  My Emby server is on a Windows machine, and my media is on a NAS, being accessed via SMB.  Just to be clear, this happens when you use the Play button from the video info dialog, or just when you click on any media while browsing your library, or both? Please let me know, and, also, please provide a full debug log, so I can better evaluate what is happening in this case.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Best Regards,
Rob

@Rostie777,

Thanks for the info. So, if I understand correctly, the Play button in the video info dialog is not working. Do you have the addon TheMovieDB Helper installed? If you do, could you please update it to a recent version? You can do so by installing Jurialmunkey's repository (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/reposito...4-leia.zip) and update it from there.

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I do have the TheMoviesDB Helper installed (version 2.4.36). As you suggested I did installed version (4.0.77) from repository you mentioned and that seems to work. The movie starts when the play button is pressed.

There is however a minor bug when you resume a movie (so starting a movie that is not starting from the beginning)
what happens in that case is as follows:
  • From the start screen: press “MOVIES” ==> now the list of movies is shown (I use Tall list, but that doesn’t seems to matter) ==> still no problem
  • Then I come in the movie info screen. When I do this for a movie that was already started I see the “RESUME” button. ==> still no problem
  • When I press the “RESUME” button the dialogue window that pops up is giving you the choice to resume or Start from the beginning. This is faulty. It repeats the messages a couple of time (5 times). See below what I mean.

Resume dialogue pop up window shows the following:
—————————————
RESUME FROM 00:18:35
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
RESUME FROM 01:23:19
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
—————————————

Only the 1st resume and play can be selected and when I do select them the movie is resume or started from the beginning.
It is strange that the 2nd resume time is different.

But as I mentioned this is minor and for now I will continue working with amber skin 3.2.120 and see how it looks and feels and what new functionality it contains

Best regards,
Rob
(2020-12-29, 16:39)ltXb0 Wrote: [clipped]

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for looking into it. It's really just the Play button in the video info dialog that doesn't work. I hadn't realized that because I changed the library default to Show Info instead of Play, so the video info dialog is my default way of playing media, and it didn't occur to me that other ways might still work.

I updated TheMovieDB helper from 2.4.36 to the newer one in the repository you linked, and now the Play button works fine again.

Here's the log from before I updated the helper plugin: ihoxilodij.kodi (paste)
It's a minimal run of starting debugging, trying to play a file with the Play button in the video info dialog, and quitting Kodi.
(2020-12-31, 12:25)Rostie777 Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 03:52)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 01:00)Rostie777 Wrote: Hi Bart,

Best Regards,
Rob

@Rostie777,

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

I do have the TheMoviesDB Helper installed (version 2.4.36). As you suggested I did installed version (4.0.77) from repository you mentioned and that seems to work. The movie starts when the play button is pressed.

There is however a minor bug when you resume a movie (so starting a movie that is not starting from the beginning)
  • From the start screen: press “MOVIES” ==> now the list of movies is shown (I use Tall list, but that doesn’t seems to matter) ==> still no problem
  • Then I come in the movie info screen. When I do this for a movie that was already started I see the “RESUME” button. ==> still no problem
  • When I press the “RESUME” button the dialogue window that pops up is giving you the choice to resume or Start from the beginning. This is faulty. It repeats the messages a couple of time (5 times). See below what I mean.

—————————————
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
—————————————

Only the 1st resume and play can be selected and when I do select them the movie is resume or started from the beginning.

But as I mentioned this is minor and for now I will continue working with amber skin 3.2.120 and see how it looks and feels and what new functionality it contains

Best regards,
Rob
@Rostie777 , thanks for confirming that the Play button is working now.  I really do not know what could be the issue with the resume time, I have not experienced that.  Could you please post a debug log of when that happens? Maybe I can find a clue there as to what is going on.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
(2020-12-31, 17:42)ltXb0 Wrote:
(2020-12-29, 16:39)ltXb0 Wrote: [clipped]

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for looking into it. It's really just the Play button in the video info dialog that doesn't work. I hadn't realized that because I changed the library default to Show Info instead of Play, so the video info dialog is my default way of playing media, and it didn't occur to me that other ways might still work.

I updated TheMovieDB helper from 2.4.36 to the newer one in the repository you linked, and now the Play button works fine again.

Here's the log from before I updated the helper plugin: ihoxilodij.kodi (paste)
It's a minimal run of starting debugging, trying to play a file with the Play button in the video info dialog, and quitting Kodi.
@ltXb0 , thanks for confirming that it is working now, and for the log.  I will continue to find ways for the upgrades not to impair any previous functionality.

Regards,

Bart
Information 
(2020-12-31, 22:12)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 12:25)Rostie777 Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 03:52)bsoriano Wrote: @Rostie777,

Regards,

Bart
Hi Bart,

—————————————
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
—————————————

Best regards,
Rob
@Rostie777 , thanks for confirming that the Play button is working now.  I really do not know what could be the issue with the resume time, I have not experienced that.  Could you please post a debug log of when that happens? Maybe I can find a clue there as to what is going on.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I Restarted my Nvidia shield and it seems that the resume function now also works correctly. Did try different situations and no problem showed up any more. So I’m happy with the new amber version (3.2.120) and it’s new functionality compared to previous version used. Again thanks for the quick response and help with solving the play issue. 

Best regards and a happy new year.
Rob
(2021-01-01, 13:41)Rostie777 Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 22:12)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 12:25)Rostie777 Wrote: Hi Bart,

—————————————
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
PLAY FROM BEGINNING
—————————————

Best regards,
Rob

Regards,

Bart
I Restarted my Nvidia shield and it seems that the resume function now also works correctly. Did try different situations and no problem showed up any more. So I’m happy with the new amber version (3.2.120) and it’s new functionality compared to previous version used. Again thanks for the quick response and help with solving the play issue. 

Best regards and a happy new year.
Rob

@Rostie777 , Happy New Year for you as well! I am glad you got it sorted.

Regards,

Bart
Hey, I'm just gonna do a quick little hijack here haha...after the latest update, is it just me or are the "Watched" icons no longer displaying in any of the List views?  (they seem to be properly displaying in other views, just not the List, Low List, etc..)
(2021-01-03, 11:11)Variable! Wrote: Hey, I'm just gonna do a quick little hijack here haha...after the latest update, is it just me or are the "Watched" icons no longer displaying in any of the List views?  (they seem to be properly displaying in other views, just not the List, Low List, etc..)
@Variable! , I have not experienced this.  You are on Leia or Matrix, which version of Amber and under which OS? Can you please post a screenshot? Also, I am sorry if this a dumb question, but do have disabled showing any of the overlays (watched, unwatched, etc.) in the skin settings? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber 3.2.120 on Leia 18.9

(2021-01-04, 09:31)Variable! Wrote: Amber 3.2.120 on Leia 18.9

@Variable! Thanks for reporting this. I have fixed the issue on GitHub, but I have not pushed a new version to the Amber repo yet. If you are not comfortable updating from GitHub, please wait a couple of days and I will release a new version to the Amber repo. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
@ltXb0 , could you pelase let me know if the issue is fixed for you with version 3.2.123 or 3.2.124? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most recent update breaks Jellyfin for Kodi plugin0