• 206(current)
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)
(2020-11-17, 20:16)Siniestro Wrote:
(2020-11-17, 17:53)foxbat121 Wrote:
(2020-11-15, 07:40)Siniestro Wrote: hello guys, sorry if you have answered this before but i couldn't find it anywhere... i have a "mi box s" is there an app or a player, or kodi addon that would let me play HDR content (outside VOD platforms) i downloaded a HDR video to show to my dad and i only have kodi installed and well kodi doesn't support HDR...is there any app i can download that can let me play HDR content from a file?

thanks so much.

Kodi does support HDR, specifically HDR10 for sure.

yes, i went to the mi box community and made it work but i have 3 random HDR videos that i downloaded to test the HDR and in kodi they don't work... i tested them in windows with MPC and madvr and they work fine

There is a New firmware released Xmas .
just installed the new update it was 600megas+ all is working ok but then I have Mi Box connected directly to my TV, at least no problems so fare
As for me the Xmas update basically destroyed everything: the streaming app do not work anymore (including Youtube), neither Kodi. It only works if I do a fresh reboot just before playing.
(2020-12-31, 15:06)Geeeronimo Wrote: As for me the Xmas update basically destroyed everything: the streaming app do not work anymore (including Youtube), neither Kodi. It only works if I do a fresh reboot just before playing.

Same happened to me. Fortunatelly, I've only updated one of my MiBox.
Is there a changelog of this update?
I have not had any problems with streaming apps or kodi, the only problem I have is that when I put Mi Box to sleep and when I wake up the Box there is no audio, I have to restart the box to gain audio back
(2020-12-31, 20:14)mutagen Wrote: I have not had any problems with streaming apps or kodi, the only problem I have is that when I put Mi Box to sleep and when I wake up the Box there is no audio, I have to restart the box to gain audio back

Pls send email to Xiaomi Support.
service.us@xiaomi.com

Work around is to boot it to safe Mode. Then restart again. Sonetimes had to unplug and replug power cord.

It is Oreo upgrade saga feeling again.
(2021-01-03, 01:25)cf7777 Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 20:14)mutagen Wrote: I have not had any problems with streaming apps or kodi, the only problem I have is that when I put Mi Box to sleep and when I wake up the Box there is no audio, I have to restart the box to gain audio back

service.us@xiaomi.com

Work around is to boot it to safe Mode. Then restart again. Sonetimes had to unplug and replug power cord.

Thanks for the advice, Have no idea on how to boot in safe mode. would that fix the problem or it has to be done every time?
(2021-01-03, 19:02)mutagen Wrote:
(2021-01-03, 01:25)cf7777 Wrote:
(2020-12-31, 20:14)mutagen Wrote: I have not had any problems with streaming apps or kodi, the only probJlem I have is that when I put Mi Box to sleep and when I wake up the Box there is no audio, I have to restart the box to gain audio back

service.us@xiaomi.com

Thanks for the advice, Have no idea on how to boot in safe mode. would that fix the problem or it has to be done every time?

press power button once
restart icon on left hand side
select and hold ok. button
will ask if you want safe mode.

Yes, every time, save me to go unplug and plug power cord. not to worn it out.
So, is it not worth updating? The only issue I had with the previous update is that I had to change the resolution every time I woke it to restore the colors.
(2021-01-04, 23:14)cf7777 Wrote:
(2021-01-03, 19:02)mutagen Wrote:
(2021-01-03, 01:25)cf7777 Wrote: Pls send email to Xiaomi Support.
service.us@xiaomi.com

press power button once
restart icon on left hand side
select and hold ok. button
will ask if you want safe mode.

Yes, every time, save me to go unplug and plug power cord. not to worn it out.
Thanks for the explanation, I only restart it and that recover the audio without needing to go to safe mode or unplugging .
(2021-01-05, 01:10)fede01_8 Wrote: So, is it not worth updating? The only issue I had with the previous update is that I had to change the resolution every time I woke it to restore the colors.
not worth it
So don't put it in sleep mode.
(2021-01-13, 21:02)The Brain Wrote:
So don't put it in sleep mode.
guess you can do that if you do not need to put the box to sleep
I've configured to never put it to sleep, but I have to restart anyway to fix the audio muted.
  • 206(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xiaomi 4K HDR 'Mi Box' (Android TV set-top box)21