• 65(current)
WIP Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)
(2021-01-04, 14:07)webmaher Wrote: @LongMan thanks :-)
But as I see i can add only folder...I cant open folders and browse to add only few movies and series to my library. How can i do that?
This is not possible. You can only synchronize a complete section of your library. But you could create a section with all the movies you would like to import into Kodi and one with all the other movies (or whatever). Then you can select the library section(s) to import from.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
If this not possible then make no sense for me...i cant create new section...i can only add to Playlist but as Playlist cant add to library make no sense...
I can only add complete folder... i have over 20 folders... if i want add folders with my favorite series this is over 200k episodes ... maybe every year wathced 1k episodes....
This 200k not problem for my PC...but for my Sony Android with only 2GB RAM and 16GB disk is big problem...

P.S. Tested with folder Fitness (33 movies) and work OK.
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2021-01-04, 18:46)webmaher Wrote: If this not possible then make no sense for me...i cant create new section...i can only add to Playlist but as Playlist cant add to library make no sense...
I can only add complete folder... i have over 20 folders... if i want add folders with my favorite series this is over 200k episodes ... maybe every year wathced 1k episodes....
This 200k not problem for my PC...but for my Sony Android with only 2GB RAM and 16GB disk is big problem...

P.S. Tested with folder Fitness (33 movies) and work OK.
Maybe it's also possible to support retrieving only items from a playlist. I'd have to check the Plex API.

But the Disk space of your Sony Android is not really relevante for this discussion because media importing does NOT copy / import your video files it only imports the metadata of the items and then uses streaming to access the actual video files. So apart from the metadata in the database there is no data being stored on your Sony Android.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Android TV is problem because have only 2GB RAM...now i Have Kodi Leila 18.9 and PlexKodiConnect addon and work good...because cant add manual series and movies in library i play direct from Plex.
Once i try to put complete over 250k movies and series to library...almost 4 hours (my internet speed 600/60). Almost 7GB metadata and Android start to work very slow... I restart TV but still working very slow so i delete all library...
I hope that you find a way with Playlist ... 
And maybe if you look addon video pseudo library (not work in Matrix)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205148

...it work with Leila and I can import what i want from Plex in my movies and series folder...I must manually rename files and create folder and then work from library...
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
@webmaher is your Plex server not local?
Quote:Once i try to put complete over 250k movies and series to library...almost 4 hours (my internet speed 600/60). Almost 7GB metadata and Android start to work very slow
Was that with MediaImport? Also have you considered a device such as the raspberry pi?
(2021-01-04, 20:21)webmaher Wrote: Android TV is problem because have only 2GB RAM...now i Have Kodi Leila 18.9 and PlexKodiConnect addon and work good...because cant add manual series and movies in library i play direct from Plex.
Once i try to put complete over 250k movies and series to library...almost 4 hours (my internet speed 600/60). Almost 7GB metadata and Android start to work very slow... I restart TV but still working very slow so i delete all library...
Wow that's a lot of metadata Undecided

(2021-01-04, 20:21)webmaher Wrote: I hope that you find a way with Playlist ... 
I had a quick look at playlists and the available API and it probably won't work. The problem is, that playlists are only based on videos or music and there is no distinction between movies or episodes. There is also no hierarchy like tvshows and seasons.

(2021-01-04, 20:21)webmaher Wrote: And maybe if you look addon video pseudo library (not work in Matrix)
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=205148

...it work with Leila and I can import what i want from Plex in my movies and series folder...I must manually rename files and create folder and then work from library...
It uses the STRM workaround which can also be a problem for some devices because it results in creating and modifying a lot of files on the filesystem which may result in corrupted SD cards etc.
(2021-01-04, 20:54)LongMan Wrote: @webmaher is your Plex server not local?
Quote: 
Was that with MediaImport? Also have you considered a device such as the raspberry pi?

No, with PKC addon... If i have Android TV i want to all works from tv to use only one remote...
I will try over night with MediaImport...
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
@Montellese thank you for all explanations... for now i stay with Kodi Leila on Sony Android TV... on my personal PC have Leila and portable Matrix to testing...
it took over 5 hours to import 358 shows with 5664 episodes...is it possible to speed up import...

Today i try to import over 20k episodes but after 51% (try twice) i got this error:
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/68Kffh9v
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
I will leave the error to Montellese.

With regard to the speed, it is a kind of a known issue and there is a plan to improve it.

In the mean time you should be aware that you do not have to wait for the initial sync to complete in order to use Kodi. The sync is a background process. That is unlike the Plex, Emby or Jellyfin addons,  which requires one to wait until the initial sync completes before one can use it.

In addition you can choose to sync one library (Emby/Jellyfin)  or library section (Plex). So for the initial sync, you could do the one that is most important immediately and leave the others to sync when you are asleep or busy with real life. I understand that the error prevented the sync from completing, and that needs to be sorted before you could try my suggestions. Hopefully that can be sorted.

Hope that helps.
Cheers,
LongMan
Thanks @LongMan for your answer...
As I cant import anything i delete mediaimporter and also MyVideos120.db
Start again with one folder with SEries and everytime when import episodes I got error...
934 tvshow items imported successfully
2455 season items imported  successfully...
and then start import 28892 episodes ... and stoped after 3 minutes...
I check with browser if my Plex work and yes...everything work in browser...

Here is complete debug:
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/QFz8VLnj
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2021-01-06, 12:40)webmaher Wrote: Thanks @LongMan for your answer...
As I cant import anything i delete mediaimporter and also MyVideos120.db
Start again with one folder with SEries and everytime when import episodes I got error...
934 tvshow items imported successfully
2455 season items imported  successfully...
and then start import 28892 episodes ... and stoped after 3 minutes...
I check with browser if my Plex work and yes...everything work in browser...

Here is complete debug:
https://pastebin.com/embed_js/QFz8VLnj
Thanks for taking the time to run all these tests. From the logs it looks like the HTTPS requests are suddenly timing out. Some of the requests seem to take very long to finish even though the add-on explicitly only asks for a few items to avoid this. I'll have to test again myself with a larger library. Maybe something isn't right in the code for retrieving episodes in chuncks.
with beta PlexKodiConnect the same tv shows (28892episodes) imported in 20 minutes... 
As I have problem playing HDR videos i stoped now and waiting for new Matrix...
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
@xxxnelly
I am trying to do a LibreELEC build. I have followed the build intructions on the Wiki and have been able to build vanilla LibreELEC. However I am not sure what to change to build with MediaImport. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LongMan
(2021-01-18, 19:54)LongMan Wrote: @xxxnelly
I am trying to do a LibreELEC build. I have followed the build intructions on the Wiki and have been able to build vanilla LibreELEC. However I am not sure what to change to build with MediaImport. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also tried to compile MediaImporter (19b2) Branch with latest LibreElec master. pi4 already finished, pi2 still running.

I've uploaded the (untested) files here: http://mediaimport.bplaced.net/
@flubshi. Thanks a million.

Is it ok for me to add these links to the Wiki?

In addition, I wouldn't mind learning how to do this. I have a nuc setup and is available to compile vanilla LibreELEC. Could you share how to get from vanilla to MediaImport
  • 65(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media importing and library integration (UPnP, Emby, Plex, ...)10